The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Director Rob Reiner thinks Emma Watson is talented :)

Ok, cbmac12, please enlight me and tell me, what she did "work" in the first half of this year.
VIP-Parties at movie premieres, VIP-treatment at graduation ceremonies and jetting around the world with her bf are not hard work.

Oh, she made one foto-shoot and was 8 days on set of a movie.

Phuu, she must be exhausted.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, cbmac12, please enlight me and tell me, what she did "work" in the first half of this year.

VIP-Parties at movie premieres, VIP-treatment at graduation ceremonies and jetting around the world with her bf are not hard work.

I'm purdy sure it was more than 8 days, coz you cannot build a character in 8 days, they pretty much filmed a lot of insides hence we saw her twice outside.

then again, we'll know fo' sure when more info is out, yep I am sure she's so tired of all that partying and all those strolls with her boyfriend, that's exhausting stuff right there, she's not allowed to have a social life.

Are you saying she's not working hard because she's not acting every damn day?

Are you joking?

I'm pretty sure she was working her ass of to graduate from brown..and not just graduating, but she graduated WITH HONORS.

THAT takes hard work.

Emma works very hard for what she's passionate about. That's extremely clear from her past work and by what we know about her personal life.

Are you joking?

I'm pretty sure she was working her ass of to graduate from brown..and not just graduating, but she graduated WITH HONORS.

THAT takes hard work.

Emma works very hard for what she's passionate about. That's extremely clear from her past work and by what we know about her personal life.

my uncle jonny is not here for conversation, ashley.

LOL omg please don't even joke that you are related to THAT Elena!!! ;) See I am finally succeeding...I can scroll down to more pertinent comments and not have to read his garbage! :) Ashley...it is sooo NOT even worth talking with this person. Listen to Elena :)

Anyway, YES hard working Emma for her school as well as films and magazine shoots.

LOL omg please don't even joke that you are related to THAT Elena!!! ;) See I am finally succeeding...I can scroll down to more pertinent comments and not have to read his garbage! :) Ashley...it is sooo NOT even worth talking with this person. Listen to Elena :)

Anyway, YES hard working Emma for her school as well as films and magazine shoots.

jonny can be a very cool online uncle, if u go deep to discover him. this is just his facade, to fool the eye, i know better. hehehe.

Are you joking?

THAT takes hard work.

Ashley, "hard work" is for me working 5 or 6 days a week on a 8 hr basis. I do not know what you do for living, but belive me, you are really "hard working" compared to the things, Emma is doing.

And I am never joking. I am only asking questions. And never get real answers. Elena maybe understand me; but cbmac12 f.e. is simply not understanding my questions.

Her degree - well, I have great doubts that it is really "hard work" to do such a thing by "online studying". I mean, nobody - here or on other forums - ever answered my seriously asked question, how it is possible that a professor sitting at Brown can verify, that the things she is handing in "online" from London (some miles away) are solely worked out by Emma herself. Was a professor from Brown costantly with her to guarantee that there is no ghostwriter? I mean, I never heard that she took verbal exams or that she was in Brown for exams in what form ever to testify her real knowledge about the matter she studied. I am still searching for a proof of the "hard work" she did for her degree, but even in her fan-forums nobody will (or can) answer that question. Just saying "she is hard working for her degree" is not enough. Sorry, but I accept a degree with "honors" only if I can see that there is not the slightiest hint of cheating or money. She got a degree, on what sientific basis is still a mystery for me. I am glad that in my country you never could graduate this way - it is a slap in the face for all hard working students at Brown University, that you can get a degree that way. But, as I said: I will deeply apologize, if somebody could answer my question.

i adore you, but acting doesn't work out quite like my job, where i have to be there at 9 and leave at 13:00 pm(part time job) from monday to friday unfortunately  a film takes several months to complete(maybe 6 maybe 12 months, maybe less than all  that) and after that some photoshoots for the characters(future promos), some tv spots could be filmed as well -- that's that. she chooses her own pace, she'd have done your voice in my head if they had a director too. some stuff are not up to her will sometimes.

Edited by Elena

i adore you, but acting doesn't work out quite like my job, where i have to be there at 9 and leave at 13:00 pm(part time job) from monday to friday unfortunately  a film takes several months to complete(maybe 6 maybe 12 months, maybe less than all  that) and after that some photoshoots for the characters(future promos), some tv spots could be filmed as well -- that's that. she chooses her own pace, she'd have done your voice in my head if they had a director too. some stuff are not up to her will sometimes.

Well, Elena, here a short list of movies (and actors in them) which I consider it was "hard work" to film.

1. Titanic - Kate Winslet & Co. - shootings for hours in cold water

2. Fitzcarraldo - Klaus Kinski & Co. - filming in the dschungel, moving a entire ship through the dschungel (some members of the crew actually died)

3. The wizzard of Oz - Ray Bolger & Co. - the actors of the tin man, the lion and the scarcrow spent hours at the makeup-department befor actually shooting

4. African Queen - Humphrey Bogard & Co. - weeks in the dschungel and on dangerous rivers

5. Singing in the rain - Debbie Reynolds & Co. - Debbie nearly died of exhaustion after a 24 hr shooting of the "good morning-scene".

And so on.

I consider her work for and in movies up to now not as "hard work". Shooting pleasent scenes in a studio are not hard work. Work, yes. But far away from exhausting, dangerous and limit-pushing.

I just can't help it!!! He's so rude about Emma, WHY IS HE EVEN HERE?!

Ashley, "hard work" is for me working 5 or 6 days a week on a 8 hr basis. I do not know what you do for living, but belive me, you are really "hard working" compared to the things, Emma is doing.

And I am never joking. I am only asking questions. And never get real answers. Elena maybe understand me; but cbmac12 f.e. is simply not understanding my questions.

Her degree - well, I have great doubts that it is really "hard work" to do such a thing by "online studying". I mean, nobody - here or on other forums - ever answered my seriously asked question, how it is possible that a professor sitting at Brown can verify, that the things she is handing in "online" from London (some miles away) are solely worked out by Emma herself. Was a professor from Brown costantly with her to guarantee that there is no ghostwriter? I mean, I never heard that she took verbal exams or that she was in Brown for exams in what form ever to testify her real knowledge about the matter she studied. I am still searching for a proof of the "hard work" she did for her degree, but even in her fan-forums nobody will (or can) answer that question. Just saying "she is hard working for her degree" is not enough. Sorry, but I accept a degree with "honors" only if I can see that there is not the slightiest hint of cheating or money. She got a degree, on what sientific basis is still a mystery for me. I am glad that in my country you never could graduate this way - it is a slap in the face for all hard working students at Brown University, that you can get a degree that way. But, as I said: I will deeply apologize, if somebody could answer my question.

I work and go to college and it is not the easiest thing to do. I did some acting as well in my city and doing all three were hard work, so I can imagine that Emma who is actually doing legit acting and earning a degree is NOT that easy and is hard work.

Online classes in my opinion are a lot harder than going to a lecture and learning. So again, I have no doubt that she worked her ass off.

From interviews from her that I've been watching since both Emma and I have been 11 years old, she always came across as someone who was deeply dedicated to her education, especially when she got older. Hell she didn't even sign the contract for the last few Harry potter movies because she wanted to make sure it didn't interfere with her exams and studies

Another example is stuff I have learned on a forum from a website we can't discuss here by people who legit know her personal life. There are hacked emails from years ago where she was claiming that she had an essay do and would be up all night working on it. Also on the forum there are plenty of pictures of her on the brown campus, and even random fan pictures of her working on her studies in a Starbucks or something.

Stop doubting Emma.

Are you even a fan?

If you're not just freaking leave.

I'm so tired of coming on a FAN FORUM to hear you CONSTANTLY bring down someone who not only I have adored since I was 11 and even have looked up to for that long, but for who people on this forum also admire and look up to

Oh Ashley, you are like all the other "fans". No real answers, just insults....

It is my thing in which form and why I am a fan of Emma.

I simply do not believe her and I am not convinced, that her form of "study" was really soooooooooooooooooooooo hard.

She ran away from Brown after a short time and then - online learning. What a fake.....

Why is she telling us such stories? Does she really thinks that nobody will ask questions about her fairytales?

One thing is for certain:  If Emma ever turned anything in that had been written by you, her professors would know right away it sure as hell wasn't written by her.

Ashley it's because there are some very sad people in our world who make themselves feel better by putting down a person who can not even defend herself by speaking on her behalf. That is why he is here. We all have just decided it is best to ignore him. I am being slightly hypocritical here as I have responded back to his senseless silly comments so my goal is to not to respond LOL

Ashley it's because there are some very sad people in our world who make themselves feel better by putting down a person who can not even defend herself by speaking on her behalf. That is why he is here. We all have just decided it is best to ignore him. I am being slightly hypocritical here as I have responded back to his senseless silly comments so my goal is to not to respond LOL

that part is so difficult, coz it's all pure comedy. i just imagine if my dad would lust over a girl my age and i just can't.

the comedy part, well, i just downloaded robin williams' inside the actor's studio: watched and laughed, that's what we should do with the forum stuff. you can't get angry over people online.

Edited by Elena

I simply do not believe her and I am not convinced, that her form of "study" was really soooooooooooooooooooooo hard.

She ran away from Brown after a short time and then - online learning. What a fake.....

Why is she telling us such stories? Does she really thinks that nobody will ask questions about her fairytales?

Of course I'm like every other "fan" because I actually am one!!!

Also, I'd like to point out that I did provide answers.

You can think she fakes it any time you want, the facts are is that she actually did go and did well. Her graduation proves that. Plenty of celebrities go to college. A couple other Harry potter cast members went to college and graduated as well as did other projects. Example: Bonnie wright. Is she telling lies too?

Please tell me sir, WHY are you a fan of Emma's then? All you do is bring her down.

I just can't help but respond sometimes. He always hits a nerve

So, according to you, every single person who chooses to do online learning is a fake, correct?

So, according to you, every single person who chooses to do online learning is a fake, correct?

No. I say that the way it is presented to us gives way to a lot of questions.

I try to explain it. In my country you can do under certain circumstances also "online learning" at universities. BUT: twice a year, at the end of a term, you have to show up in person at the university. You have to go through a very difficult oral exam and during that exam you have to show without any sign of doubt, that you are the author of what you handed in. You must know what was written, why it was written and you have to know in detail all the facts. All sources, you used, must be presented by you and you have to show your knowledge. They even have now computer programs, able to find out "copy and paste" pieces in your written stuff. Any cheating is impossible. After that process, taking a full day, your "online studies" can be verified and from that point on it counts like you were present at all the lectures ecc. at the university.

In contrast, we never heard that Emma did any exams at all. You know, there are fans out there, knowing exactly the whereabouts of Emma. Never in the last 2-3 years it was said that she was at Brown again. I always got the impression, that the american people are very proud of their universities and that a degree from one of them is a door-opener to success, because everybody knows, if you survived 3-4 years of exeptional hard working at a university, you are fit for life.

And my simple question to all the people in this forum from the US is: is the way, Ems got her degree, a way, open to all people? Sitting at home, writing stuff, email them and - bang - here is the degree????

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

No. I say that the way it is presented to us gives way to a lot of questions.

I try to explain it. In my country you can do under certain circumstances also "online learning" at universities. BUT: twice a year, at the end of a term, you have to show up in person at the university. You have to go through a very difficult oral exam and during that exam you have to show without any sign of doubt, that you are the author of what you handed in. You must know what was written, why it was written and you have to know in detail all the facts. All sources, you used, must be presented by you and you have to show your knowledge. They even have now computer programs, able to find out "copy and paste" pieces in your written stuff. Any cheating is impossible. After that process, taking a full day, your "online studies" can be verified and from that point on it counts like you were present at all the lectures ecc. at the university.

In contrast, we never heard that Emma did any exams at all. You know, there are fans out there, knowing exactly the whereabouts of Emma. Never in the last 2-3 years it was said that she was at Brown again. I always got the impression, that the american people are very proud of their universities and that a degree from one of them is a door-opener to success, because everybody knows, if you survived 3-4 years of exeptional hard working at a university, you are fit for life.

And my simple question to all the people in this forum from the US is: is the way, Ems got her degree, a way, open to all people? Sitting at home, writing stuff, email them and - bang - here is the degree????

Emma did mention exams several times, and I am sure she went there in person as well, you dont expect paparazzi photos of that coz none were allowed close to the university, she collaborated with her teachers because she had to, and she mentioned that too, coz she wanted to do the harry potter promotion around the world and to do her homework and go to exams in the same time and her teachers told her emma you are exhausted, you cant do all these things, so she took several breaks. if i could talk to a friend of hers like sophie or a uni friend then yes, they could tell you yes emma attended this and this at uni, why? coz even if she is a millionaire and a celebrity, she acted like a normal person and wanted to go to school, she said she did not want to be treated like a celeb.

even if she is a millionaire, nobody can bribe IVY LEAGUE PROFESSORS. You have to admit it, everything she does is wrong, she is retarded because she changes her mind on things and never does anything good, you have this mind set. Just because she does not have a 9-5 job does not mean she does not work hard, if i could be an actress as highly paid as her and have 3 movies a year i would be as happy as pharrell in the happy video.

Sorry, Elena. For reasons you will call "creepy" I have a very good overview about Emmas interviews and statements of the last years (since 2011, to be exact). And in NO interview or statement she spoke about exams at Brown. She literally started to say nothing about her education at Brown resp. Worchester around that time. I am not a stalker in a way you would describe it, but as you know there are pages on the net, giving you detailed informations, were she is at the moment. NEVER in all these years was mentioned that she was physically at Brown again.

I do not talk about her education during Potter. I am only talking about her work at university. And the way she earned her degree.

And, well if you are jetting around the world, changing time-zones every few days as she did, you body will be "exhausted". This is not hard work, it is fun, because you see the world and get paid for it. Don't be so foolish to compare a McDonalds-shift at the grill, a bus drivers shift at London, a job as nanny or nurse (f.e. a nurse with disabled old people) with a superb movie premiere somewhere in the world, where her only "work" is to be beautiful. It is simply not true that she is "hard working", "working" is something totally different.

Sorry, Elena. For reasons you will call "creepy" I have a very good overview about Emmas interviews and statements of the last years (since 2011, to be exact). And in NO interview or statement she spoke about exams at Brown. She literally started to say nothing about her education at Brown resp. Worchester around that time. I am not a stalker in a way you would describe it, but as you know there are pages on the net, giving you detailed informations, were she is at the moment. NEVER in all these years was mentioned that she was physically at Brown again.

I do not talk about her education during Potter. I am only talking about her work at university. And the way she earned her degree.

And, well if you are jetting around the world, changing time-zones every few days as she did, you body will be "exhausted". This is not hard work, it is fun, because you see the world and get paid for it. Don't be so foolish to compare a McDonalds-shift at the grill, a bus drivers shift at London, a job as nanny or nurse (f.e. a nurse with disabled old people) with a superb movie premiere somewhere in the world, where her only "work" is to be beautiful. It is simply not true that she is "hard working", "working" is something totally different.

i don't call those 'reasons' creepy nor you. I call this the end. I will no longer reply on anything about/related with  this subject.

Edited by Elena

:lol:  Instead of bringing good arguments that I am wrong, they putting the head in the sand and.......
So I think, I am right. It is a faked degree. Last argument: why are there so few online-students and why are all young people rushing into the universities? I mean, why struggling in a dorm for years with a grumpy roommate or so and at crowded lectures, if it is possible to do it with all comfort in you own flat or house? Would be much cheaper for the parents and the students...... Sorry, Ems, but this story is so full of contradictions, even Luke cannot fix it.

10 characteristics of conspiracy theorists

A useful guide by Donna Ferentes

1. Arrogance. They are always fact-seekers, questioners, people who are trying to discover the truth: sceptics are always "sheep", patsies for Messrs Bush and Blair etc. 

2. Relentlessness. They will always go on and on about a conspiracy no matter how little evidence they have to go on or how much of what they have is simply discredited. (Moreover, as per 1. above, even if you listen to them ninety-eight times, the ninety-ninth time, when you say "no thanks", you'll be called a "sheep" again.) Additionally, they have no capacity for precis whatsoever. They go on and on at enormous length. 

3. Inability to answer questions. For people who loudly advertise their determination to the principle of questioning everything, they're pretty poor at answering direct questions from sceptics about the claims that they make. 

4. Fondness for certain stock phrases. These include Cicero's "cui bono?" (of which it can be said that Cicero understood the importance of having evidence to back it up) and Conan Doyle's "once we have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however unlikely, must be the truth". What these phrases have in common is that they are attempts to absolve themselves from any responsibility to produce positive, hard evidence themselves: you simply "eliminate the impossible" (i.e. say the official account can't stand scrutiny) which means that the wild allegation of your choice, based on "cui bono?" (which is always the government) is therefore the truth. 

5. Inability to employ or understand Occam's Razor. Aided by the principle in 4. above, conspiracy theorists never notice that the small inconsistencies in the accounts which they reject are dwarfed by the enormous, gaping holes in logic, likelihood and evidence in any alternative account. 

6. Inability to tell good evidence from bad. Conspiracy theorists have no place for peer-review, for scientific knowledge, for the respectability of sources. The fact that a claim has been made by anybody, anywhere, is enough for them to reproduce it and demand that the questions it raises be answered, as if intellectual enquiry were a matter of responding to every rumour. While they do this, of course, they will claim to have "open minds" and abuse the sceptics for apparently lacking same. 

7. Inability to withdraw. It's a rare day indeed when a conspiracy theorist admits that a claim they have made has turned out to be without foundation, whether it be the overall claim itself or any of the evidence produced to support it. Moreover they have a liking (see 3. above) for the technique of avoiding discussion of their claims by "swamping" - piling on a whole lot more material rather than respond to the objections sceptics make to the previous lot. 

8. Leaping to conclusions. Conspiracy theorists are very keen indeed to declare the "official" account totally discredited without having remotely enough cause so to do. Of course this enables them to wheel on the Conan Doyle quote as in 4. above. Small inconsistencies in the account of an event, small unanswered questions, small problems in timing of differences in procedure from previous events of the same kind are all more than adequate to declare the "official" account clearly and definitively discredited. It goes without saying that it is not necessary to prove that these inconsistencies are either relevant, or that they even definitely exist. 

9. Using previous conspiracies as evidence to support their claims. This argument invokes scandals like the Birmingham Six, the Bologna station bombings, the Zinoviev letter and so on in order to try and demonstrate that their conspiracy theory should be accorded some weight (because it's “happened beforeâ€.) They do not pause to reflect that the conspiracies they are touting are almost always far more unlikely and complicated than the real-life conspiracies with which they make comparison, or that the fact that something might potentially happen does not, in and of itself, make it anything other than extremely unlikely. 

10. It's always a conspiracy. And it is, isn't it? No sooner has the body been discovered, the bomb gone off, than the same people are producing the same old stuff, demanding that there are questions which need to be answered, at the same unbearable length. Because the most important thing about these people is that they are people entirely lacking in discrimination. They cannot tell a good theory from a bad one, they cannot tell good evidence from bad evidence and they cannot tell a good source from a bad one. And for that reason, they always come up with the same answer when they ask the same question. 

A person who always says the same thing, and says it over and over again is, of course, commonly considered to be, if not a monomaniac, then at very least, a bore. 

Please cite the source which states it is mandatory for Brown students, especially Emma Watson, to speak about exams.  (FYI:  Your sock puppet does not count as a source.)

Yup. This all exists EVERYWHERE. You say "They even have now computer programs, able to find out "copy and paste" pieces in your written stuff" like this is some new technology, but it ISN'T. This has been SUPER common since before I was even in high school. You can just GOOGLE "plagiarism checker" and find one. This isn't exclusively for online students. You have to do a presentation of ANY thesis you submit, for the same reason. Sources need to be cited in EVERY assignment you hand in. Even if you attend EVERY lecture.

Also, one of my good friends is an Austrian university student and hers doesn't really work this way, which shows that there must be a quite a few different systems in the world. However, I have no doubt that a school like Brown has one of the more rigorous systems.

In contrast, we never heard that Emma did any exams at all. 

Hmmmmm. https://twitter.com/EmWatson/status/410920194002149376

And, well if you are jetting around the world, changing time-zones every few days as she did, you body will be "exhausted".

My friend works for F1 and so she obviously travels for work (nearly every week... and on weeks she's off she travels to other places for fun), but she still does a lot of stuff. I'm fairly sure Emma could have easily done school work while travelling. 

:lol:  Instead of bringing good arguments that I am wrong, they putting the head in the sand and.......

So I think, I am right. It is a faked degree. Last argument: why are there so few online-students and why are all young people rushing into the universities? I mean, why struggling in a dorm for years with a grumpy roommate or so and at crowded lectures, if it is possible to do it with all comfort in you own flat or house? Would be much cheaper for the parents and the students...... Sorry, Ems, but this story is so full of contradictions, even Luke cannot fix it.

Again, you're very removed from universities it seems. I mean, the experience of uni is GREAT. Making friends who have similar interests to you, attending lectures and such is actually super rewarding. Typically you only live with a "grumpy roommate" in your first year when you are assigned dorms, and then you live with friends. Distance learning does usually take a bit longer (i.e. 5 years instead of 4, just like in Emma's case) so many students would like to do the full course load in less time. Plus, distance learning is significantly more difficult since a lot of it is self directed. There's support, obviously, but you still need to be incredibly self motivated to achieve deadlines on time since you're not a set schedule of lectures, labs, conferences and whatnot. It's not really cheaper... tuition will cost about the same (but a bit more if you're taking more time to finish your degree... you pay for the extra semesters, obviously). If you're attending university or not it still costs money to live-- you'll be paying for an apartment and bills and whatnot regardless. 

Also, more students are probably doing online learning than you think. Not necessarily their whole degree (because, again, the experience and whatnot) but plenty of people I know will do online classes. My friend goes to McGill University (which is a very high ranking university in Canada-- ranks considerably higher than Brown http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/mar/06/worlds-top-100-universities-2014-reputations-ranked-times-higher-education) and she does a large portion of hers... also doing a degree in English. 

Edited by ling