The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma's now on Instagram!

I just doubt she would randomly decide to start sharing a bunch of pictures from her personal life.

I think anything that is shared there will just be related to work, and the personal pictures will continue to go through Twitter.

I just don't think she regularly uses Instagram like she does Twitter.

If she starts following people on Instagram and interacts with users, then I think that would be more likely.

I thought she would never create an Instagram account. (She just doesn't seem to be someone keen on Instagram, does she?) It probably was a (necessary) PR move. But I'm sure that Emma will still be a classy girl, even on Instagram, and she won't share with us silly photos like a lot of celebrities do. 

I mainly think that the snapchat part is creepy - sharing private pictures.  At least with facebook/twitter, when a person posts a pic, they filter it somewhat because they know that all their friends/followers can see it.  

But with snapchat, since people think that it's "private" and "temporary"...they are more likely to use it for, let's just say devious purposes...I deleted my instagram account once people started sending me pics via snapchat.  I'm just not comfortable with it.

As far as Emma is concerned, if she wants an instagram account that's fine...that way people that are interested in the latest pics can go over there and see them.   As for me, I just hope she continues to post her thoughts on Twitter.

I mainly think that the snapchat part is creepy - sharing private pictures.  At least with facebook/twitter, when a person posts a pic, they filter it somewhat because they know that all their friends/followers can see it.  

But with snapchat, since people think that it's "private" and "temporary"...they are more likely to use it for, let's just say devious purposes...I deleted my instagram account once people started sending me pics via snapchat.  I'm just not comfortable with it.

As far as Emma is concerned, if she wants an instagram account that's fine...that way people that are interested in the latest pics can go over there and see them.   As for me, I just hope she continues to post her thoughts on Twitter.

As I don't have snapchat (my phone's not that smart !) I don't get the link snapchat/instagram. For the rest of what you said, I agree, there's been debates of french bloggers for whom instagram is the meaning of their life - I must say I don't get it. I read about a woman who got her account deleted because of the naked picture of her child, and she said like 'All my memories were on instagram !! When my child was born all my followers posted a message and I lost it !!', and I thought 'She's crazy to consider that instagram is her memory card' especially considering that it's completely public.

Other than that, I'm glad Emma has now an instagram, because as her twitter, I believe it won't be filled with stupid meaningless posts. I hope it will be simple and nice as her twitter (but I wish for more than a post per month !) 

I like Instagram A LOT. I use it a lot. I have all my photos backed up, but it's a nice way to share things. Of course I live really far from my family and many of my friends, so it's nice to see what everyone's up to. :) If any of you have instagram you should add me! Mine is here.

I like Instagram A LOT. I use it a lot. I have all my photos backed up, but it's a nice way to share things. Of course I live really far from my family and many of my friends, so it's nice to see what everyone's up to. :) If any of you have instagram you should add me! Mine is here.

I followed you (:

I mean the thing is social media can be a con too- people can take it too far and tbh yeah to use Instagram as your memory card is kind of sad. But I do admit I like things like FB or twitter or even Instagram because I can keep up with friends I have not seen in awhile.

I mean the thing is social media can be a con too- people can take it too far and tbh yeah to use Instagram as your memory card is kind of sad. But I do admit I like things like FB or twitter or even Instagram because I can keep up with friends I have not seen in awhile.

That's exactly the point of social media