The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Favorite Books

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Veronika decides to die ( Paulo Coelho)

I saw the movie, very interesting.

The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle (Haruki Murakami)

Yay! :ohyeah: Nobody I've met has read it, except this one guy who read on the subway. Was very inclined to start talking to him but I didn't want to interrupt good reading. :blush:

Edited by Mrs Duck

Yay! :ohyeah: Nobody I've met has read it, except this one guy who read on the subway. Was very inclined to start talking to him but I didn't want to interrupt good reading. :blush:

Have you read something else by him? I just bought Kafka on the shore and looking forward to it. Just need time to read ;)

My favorites, in no particular order:

1. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  2. American On Purpose by Craig Ferguson
  3. The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
  4. Marine Sniper: 93 Confirmed Kills by Charles Henderson
  5. Silent Warrior by Charles Henderson

Some of my favorites are: Lord of the rings series, the Narnia books, His Dark Materials,Flowers in the Attic series and Heaven series by Virginia Andrews, The Clan of the Cave Bear series.To Kill A Mockingbird,

the green Mile, It, Carrie by Stephen King. Aside of Harry Potter.

• 4 weeks later...

I've decided to update my favorite books. In no particular order:

The Prince by Niccolò Machiavelli

Discourses on Livy by Niccolò Machiavelli

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

Marine Sniper: 93 Confirmed Kills

Silent Warrior by Charles Henderson

We're reading that in English right now. It's a fantastic book and story, and definitely much better than the other piece of Holocaust literature we read last year (The Diary of Anne Frank :icontwisted8pz:)

It is so beautifully written! I am Jewish and all my grandparents are survivors so I have read tons and tons of Holocaust stories. The Diary of Anne Frank is a wonderful book. You have to understand that it was written by such a young girl Of course the writing isn't good, but her story is amazing.

It is so beautifully written! I am Jewish and all my grandparents are survivors so I have read tons and tons of Holocaust stories. The Diary of Anne Frank is a wonderful book. You have to understand that it was written by such a young girl Of course the writing isn't good, but her story is amazing.

I have no problems with the writing. I just find it to be boring :P. I like the movie though. It was nice how it went into the camp with the family

Edited by ckravitz
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...