The Emma-Watson.net Forum

HI !

I watch The perks of being a wallflower the other day and I was soooo in love with Emma in this movie. Then I watch Bling ring, I found her so beautiful ! So I decided to draw her, it's one of my first portrait, I hope you like it ! 

You can watch it here :

Bye !

P.S : I create my Facebook page today, you can like it if you want : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Emilia-D/641574539273586?ref=hl

Sorry If I make some mistakes, I'm French :)

Edited by EmiliaD

Omgsh you're seriously talented :o

It's so beautiful!

Draw one of Marilyn Monroe for me and mail it to me :P

Edit: I also likes your Facebook page <3

Edited by Ashley

I love it but you didn't polish it at the end, I would love it more if smoothed out, but that's, I guess, just me. I love drawings better when they're refined. Also you didn't do the hair with the same pencil, so there's a difference there but amazing overall. 

Elena ---> Yes, I couldn't polish because I made it with a ink pen, it's a technique call Dotwork :) Thank you very much for your opinion :)

jigz ---> ahah, yes, I have studied art for 3 years (and it's not finished :P) so yes, I practice a bit, but it's the first time I use the technique of Dotwork :)

Thank you very much for all your sweet comments, ça m'encourage à continuer ! :)

you're not yet finish taking up art and look what you can do :o i don't know much about art work, so what's the easiest way to use when you paint or draw? :unsure: and can you give me an advice. :P

tried to draw Emma, but i can't get the shape of the face and the hair. I'm having a hard time with those two. :(

Elena ---> Yes, I couldn't polish because I made it with a ink pen, it's a technique call Dotwork :) Thank you very much for your opinion :)

jigz ---> ahah, yes, I have studied art for 3 years (and it's not finished :P) so yes, I practice a bit, but it's the first time I use the technique of Dotwork :)

Thank you very much for all your sweet comments, ça m'encourage à continuer ! :)

Is it close to pointilism? Make the hair just like the face and body because YOU COULD SELL. And make money. Be smart! You're welcome.

Edited by Elena

I'm always jealous of talented artists.  Dotwork looks so labour intensive, how long did it take to make the portrait?  I think one of my biggest challenges with art has always been patience with my mistakes along with the ability to visualize the finished product before it's done.

The drawing is amazing and you draw so fast too. :P

I still contend I draw the meanest stick figure Emma out there though! :D 

Jigz ---> I can't give you an answer because it depends of each person, me for example, I love drawing as much as I love painting, and for me, there is no easier way, it's just different. In class of Art, we must try so much techniques to find the one that suits us best :)

For the shape, I contrast the photography on photoshop (not too much) so it's easier to draw, I always begin by darkest areas :) Hair are so hard to draw, I watch a lot of vidéo on Youtube which explain how to draw hair but it's pretty hard for me, aha. I guess it takes a lot of practice !

Elena ---> Yes exactly, it's like pointillism :) In all my portraits, I don't draw hair, At the beginning, it was because it takes so much time ^^ And now, it's like my "Marque de fabrique", my "brand" (I'm not sure we can say that in english ^^) But maybe later, when I will be more experienced :)

Mr Pumpkinhead ----> Thank you ! It takes me 1h30 approximately :)

(So sorry for my mistakes, I don't have the time to use google traduction aha)

Edited by EmiliaD

^ yeah, it's very hard to draw the hair. I always start on the face when i draw so most of my drawings is not finish because I can't get the shape of the face right :sob: and I find it hard to draw the picture of a real person than the picture of a cartoon character.

Anyway thanks, and good job with your portrait ;)

Jigz ---> I can't give you an answer because it depends of each person, me for example, I love drawing as much as I love painting, and for me, there is no easier way, it's just different. In class of Art, we must try so much techniques to find the one that suits us best :)

For the shape, I contrast the photography on photoshop (not too much) so it's easier to draw, I always begin by darkest areas :) Hair are so hard to draw, I watch a lot of vidéo on Youtube which explain how to draw hair but it's pretty hard for me, aha. I guess it takes a lot of practice !

Elena ---> Yes exactly, it's like pointillism :) In all my portraits, I don't draw hair, At the beginning, it was because it takes so much time ^^ And now, it's like my "Marque de fabrique", my "brand" (I'm not sure we can say that in english ^^) But maybe later, when I will be more experienced :)

Mr Pumpkinhead ----> Thank you ! It takes me 1h30 approximately :)

(So sorry for my mistakes, I don't have the time to use google traduction aha)

I can understand someone has/wants to have a style, mine is more like minimalism, but I will learn to draw ears, eyes and hair and shading to make it better.

Even if the hair is unfinished it is still looking marvelous, do you have a deviant art account? .. could help you get in touch with others(same style artists and more), see more artworks, that will get you inspired.

Thessalie ------> Merci beaucouuuuup :) 

Elena -----> God, Emma is soooo beautiful on your avatar, I think she probably turn me gay, aha  :P

Anyway, Thank you !! I have a Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Emilia-D/641574539273586?fref=ts

I often post my drawings on fb groups for advice and opinions and to discover others artworks. My dream is to be able to sell my work or have orders, that would be great, maybe one day! :)

Thessalie ------> Merci beaucouuuuup :)

Elena -----> God, Emma is soooo beautiful on your avatar, I think she probably turn me gay, aha  :P

Anyway, Thank you !! I have a Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Emilia-D/641574539273586?fref=ts

I often post my drawings on fb groups for advice and opinions and to discover others artworks. My dream is to be able to sell my work or have orders, that would be great, maybe one day! :)

I think your artwork is good enough to be sold, i think you could set up a deviant art account where people could buy your prints, check it out, have your own logo or watermark and never post anything with your own logo/watermark. You will make money with your art but it does need some marketing. Oh yeah she's beyond gorgeous in that shot.

• 4 weeks later...