The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma Watson : ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

ohhhh yeah, aha. I hope Emma would do the challenge, it's fun watching people on the net doing this challenge, what more else if it's Emma Watson doing the ice bucket challenge :D I wonder who will she nominate after.

Ohhh guy I'm sooo sorry I posted in the wrong section... I feel so stupid right now, I'm used to opening several tabs at the same time and didn't post where I should have... Pfff

I'm still waiting for her to do it though :) 

I'm glad she didn't. This is another scam by big pharma to get big $$$$. Where is all this $$$ going? 

If they ever got the "cures" for all these diseases, the $$$$ would stop rolling in and all the publicity.

It's a huge sheeple thing to see how people take orders and will do things. It's like a simon-says game to 

see how much control they have over people. How is dumping a cold bucket of water over your head, going

to "cure" ALS???

^ it's not meant to cure ALS, its meant to make you feel or to know what does it feel ( for a while) on what does the patients of ALS is going through. And ofc to have funds for people that have ALS. And it's plain and simple, if you don't donate, don't nominate. This is not for show.

I'm no fan of pharmaceutical companies, but this is not about them being greedy. Sales of drugs for ALS don't even make up 0.01% of total sales. It's hardly a moneymaker for them. Also, the money is going to charities which provide patient care and fund research. Why would a greedy "big pharma" want to promote research?

Well Dook, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I've seen too many charities ie. Susan Koman and

United Way, get caught with their hands in the cookie jar. By the time everybody

in these organizations get paid, there's not much left for the original intent of the funding. They get about 15% of 

the funding. Sad but true.

But it's like saying "don't give for AIDS you don't know where it goes" come on ! It's about funding research... It's about a disease that nobody knows = nobody gives help to cure it. Let's not pretend that governments have enough to give to research. 

I'm glad she donated as I knew she would but I still hoped she would do the challenge. I think donating and still doing the challenge is great because then you get to call out three more people to donate and I'm sure Emma knows three that have the money to donate. Plus I think she would come up with a fun and creative way to do the challenge because those are the best. If you want to know more about ALS here's a great example from an upcoming movie...Peace....  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-xzP-DHj1M

• 5 weeks later...

I'm glad she donated as I knew she would but I still hoped she would do the challenge. I think donating and still doing the challenge is great because then you get to call out three more people to donate and I'm sure Emma knows three that have the money to donate. Plus I think she would come up with a fun and creative way to do the challenge because those are the best. If you want to know more about ALS here's a great example from an upcoming movie...Peace....  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-xzP-DHj1M

The movie actually looks too similar to the french movie 'Untouchable" (Intouchable in french), which deals with someone in a wheelchair that wants no help, and that will be helped by someone who doesn't care to finally create a great friendship. I think though that it's good to highlight in movies those aspects of life that exist too.