The Emma-Watson.net Forum

NFL Thread

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wat a hit!!!! holy crap lol.. that was a massive hit on Bush lol

anyways, i played Madden on PS and i often play park NFL minus the padding, it's like NFL+Rugby.

My favourite team is Colts, cus of Manning, he's a smart QB

Yeah I played sandlot football growing up too. At least the guys we faced on the sandlot weren't anywhere near as massive, strong or quick as these guys - playing in the NFL without padding would be a sure death sentence.

I agree, I think Peyton is an extremely smart QB. I think Sam Bradford is going to be the next Peyton Manning. The guy has learned the game so quickly and makes good reads and better decisions. The Rams have already won four games this season with him at QB. That's more than they won in the past three season combined.

I've been very impressed by Bradford so far, but it's so hard to judge these young QBs, some of them regress after a few good years. I've been a San Diego Chargers fan since 1984. That's been a bit rough, but I have the consolation of not being a Bengals fan like my twin brother is! :P

That was quite the hit on Reggie Bush there. It amazes me how some of these college stars become relatively mundane NFL players, while some of those marginal college players develop into Super Stars in the NFL. Judging all that talent and developing it properly becomes something of a craps shoot I guess.

It really does become a crap shoot. I don't know how they do it. I guess sometimes it's just luck.

I think Jimmy Johnson (the coach, not the race car driver) was one of the best talent evaluators in his early days. Everyone thought he was giving away the farm when he traded Herschel Walker. But look at the team he built with that trade. The Cowboys won three Superbowls with those guys.

I really do wonder where some of these guys come from. Look at Tom Brady. He was a 6th round pick, 199th overall. But now he's a superstar that seemingly came out of nowhere. Then look at the top QB pick of that draft -- Chad Pennington a round one pick 18th overall. He is now best described as a journeyman QB. It really is a crap shoot.

I believe the reason that Bradford will be a keeper though is that it goes beyond his raw talent, which he has plenty, it's his smarts and his humble, team first attitude and his work ethic. Not to mention his competitiveness. Looking at him coming out of high school he wasn't on anyone's radar but became a Heisman winner. They guy's a natural athlete in many sports.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think anyone saw that coming. But that's why they play the game. It's cool that the Sun is smiling on KC. Anything to keep Tebow and his Broncos down. I got so sick of hearing about him that I felt like I was gonna puke.

I'm a Dallas fan and have resigned myself to the fact that we won't be any good until we have a different owner.

• 3 weeks later...

Funny that you guys talk about this hit, because as you guys probably know by now, there is a rule enforced now that a player cannot hit another player "helmet-to-helmet." Although this was a legal hit, I just want to bring up the point that some of the refs take that rule a little bit too far. Do you guys agree?

Btw, my favorite team is the Philadelphia Eagles.

Edited by Turbo

Funny that you guys talk about this hit, because as you guys probably know by now, there is a rule enforced now that a player cannot hit another player "helmet-to-helmet." Although this was a legal hit, I just want to bring up the point that some of the refs take that rule a little bit too far. Do you guys agree?

Btw, my favorite team is the Philadelphia Eagles.

Agree.

Roger Goodell seems intent on making the NFL a sissy league. Hey why don't they just put on skirts and play hop scotch instead?

That hit on Bush was a clean hit although a particularly violent hit. After all football is not a contact sport but a collision sport. Sheldon hit Bush with his shoulder pad and not his helmet so it was just an all out good hit. And I'm sure you don't mind watching that over and over being that you're an Eagles fan.

BTW, I don't agree with killing puppies but Mike Vick is scary good this year. I think he's better now than he was before going to prison.

The Eagles yesterday - WOW!

I have to laugh at the Giants. What was the punter thinking. But you can't pin it all on him. No, the whole Giants organization needs to take credit for that. 4 TDs in the final 7 minutes. Crazy. However, I can do without DeSean Jackson "dancing" around the goal line before he takes it in. I'm sure Andy Reid was about to have a heart attack at that moment. I just don't care for DeSean Jackson and his ilk. Too much me me and not enough about the team.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

My interest in NFL is growing rapidly.

But I dont know a thing about any of the teams.

What team should I follow? whos the coolest kid in the yard?

Well we're at the end of the regular season now and heading into the playoffs. If you're looking to root for a winner then in the AFC conference Pittsburgh and New England are good bets to be playing each other for the chance to go to the Superbowl. Both of them have a first round bye so they won't be playing this weekend. In the NFC you're probably looking at New Orleans and Atlanta facing off for a chance at the Superbowl. It's probably going to be the Steelers or the Patriots taking home the Lombardi trophy at the end of it all.

I'll be happy to answer any of your questions during the off season if you're looking for a team to root for starting next season. Hopefully I can get some help on here from some of my fellow Americans.

Most people choose rooting interest based on where they live in the US. Obviously root for the home team but if your city or state doesn't have a team then you root for the next closest one or maybe a particular team has one of your favorite players so you root for his team etc.

As far as perennial favorites go, the New England Patriots are consistently good and have been since about '96. The Steelers are usually pretty good. The NFC has been kind of a crap shoot the past few years - one season a team will be up and the next they'll be down. Not much consistency. The Dallas Cowboys are called America's team but are a very polarizing team - you either love 'em or hate 'em. I don't think they will really contend again for a superbowl until they get a new owner. Their owner is too egotistical for a really good coach to agree to coach there and the owner gets in the way of the coach trying to do his job.

Then there's the Bears and the Packers but if you're a fan of one of them you gotta hate the other as it is the longest and most hated rivalry in the NFL.

If the St. Louis Rams can put some good players around their quarterback Sam Bradford, they'll be playing for a superbowl in the next 3-5 years. So you might wanna jump on that bandwagon before it becomes a bandwagon.

Any questions, just feel free to ask. I'd be happy to answer.

The Eagles yesterday - WOW!

I have to laugh at the Giants. What was the punter thinking. But you can't pin it all on him. No, the whole Giants organization needs to take credit for that. 4 TDs in the final 7 minutes. Crazy. However, I can do without DeSean Jackson "dancing" around the goal line before he takes it in. I'm sure Andy Reid was about to have a heart attack at that moment. I just don't care for DeSean Jackson and his ilk. Too much me me and not enough about the team.

Hahaha, I know. I loved that. The Giants were up 31-10 with 8 minutes left in that game. When it was deemed nearly impossible to come back, Mike Vick did it. This latest game with Dallas...let me just put that blame on Kolb. I never had nearly the confidence with Kolb as I do with Vick. That was the smartest move that Andy Reid made when he made Michael Vick the starting QB. Now, we're hosting Green Bay and I don't think that the GB defense has a chance against that explosive Philly offense.

Hahaha, I know. I loved that. The Giants were up 31-10 with 8 minutes left in that game. When it was deemed nearly impossible to come back, Mike Vick did it. This latest game with Dallas...let me just put that blame on Kolb. I never had nearly the confidence with Kolb as I do with Vick. That was the smartest move that Andy Reid made when he made Michael Vick the starting QB. Now, we're hosting Green Bay and I don't think that the GB defense has a chance against that explosive Philly offense.

Well the Dallas game was a game that didn't matter so you can't read too much into that. Dallas had already missed the playoffs and Philly was already seeded. They just played it because it was on the schedule and I don't think either team cared who won.

Well we're at the end of the regular season now and heading into the playoffs. If you're looking to root for a winner then in the AFC conference Pittsburgh and New England are good bets to be playing each other for the chance to go to the Superbowl. Both of them have a first round bye so they won't be playing this weekend. In the NFC you're probably looking at New Orleans and Atlanta facing off for a chance at the Superbowl. It's probably going to be the Steelers or the Patriots taking home the Lombardi trophy at the end of it all.

I'll be happy to answer any of your questions during the off season if you're looking for a team to root for starting next season. Hopefully I can get some help on here from some of my fellow Americans.

Most people choose rooting interest based on where they live in the US. Obviously root for the home team but if your city or state doesn't have a team then you root for the next closest one or maybe a particular team has one of your favorite players so you root for his team etc.

As far as perennial favorites go, the New England Patriots are consistently good and have been since about '96. The Steelers are usually pretty good. The NFC has been kind of a crap shoot the past few years - one season a team will be up and the next they'll be down. Not much consistency. The Dallas Cowboys are called America's team but are a very polarizing team - you either love 'em or hate 'em. I don't think they will really contend again for a superbowl until they get a new owner. Their owner is too egotistical for a really good coach to agree to coach there and the owner gets in the way of the coach trying to do his job.

Then there's the Bears and the Packers but if you're a fan of one of them you gotta hate the other as it is the longest and most hated rivalry in the NFL.

If the St. Louis Rams can put some good players around their quarterback Sam Bradford, they'll be playing for a superbowl in the next 3-5 years. So you might wanna jump on that bandwagon before it becomes a bandwagon.

Any questions, just feel free to ask. I'd be happy to answer.

Thanks heaps!

I dont know anything about any players or teams.

Will have to look into it and find a team the looks the coolest :P

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have any thoughts about the Super Bowl? Who are you rooting for etc.? Being a Cowboys fan, I don't have a dog in this fight. In the divisional playoffs I was pulling for Da Bears and rooting against the Steelas. We all see how that turned out. Maybe I should just stop rooting, apparently I'm bad luck.

I read somewhere that the tickets to stand outside the Dallas Cowboys stadium are $200 a piece for the Super Bowl and that you have to buy them in sets of 4. So that's 800 bucks just to stand outside the stadium where the game is. Ridiculous.

I read somewhere that the tickets to stand outside the Dallas Cowboys stadium are $200 a piece for the Super Bowl and that you have to buy them in sets of 4. So that's 800 bucks just to stand outside the stadium where the game is. Ridiculous.

wtf? That's insane. Especially in this economy.