The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Colonia Dignidad

http://charlottehayward.co.uk/cvresume/

According to Charlotte's resume, Emma is confirmed to be starring in Florian Gallenberger's Colonia Dignidad.

Synopsis: The Chilean coup of 1973. The masses are out on the street, protesting against General Pinochet. Amongst them, Daniel and Lena, a young German couple, which like many others, get arrested by Pinochet's secret police DINA.

Filming is scheduled to take place in Argentina, Germany, and Luxembourg from September 29 to October 23.

The only scheduled release date so far is September 2015 in Germany.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mention of Colonia Dignidad has been remove from the CV.

i doubt she asked emma about mentioning the film there. so seeing she got people excited when there are no official statements she had to remove it.

Official Press Release:

BERLIN, GERMANY (September 29, 2014) â€“ Majestic announced today that principal photography is about to begin on thriller COLONIA, from Academy Award®-winning filmmaker Florian Gallenberger (JOHN RABE).  The film stars Emma Watson (HARRY POTTER, NOAH, THE BLING RING) in her first lead role since Harry Potter and Golden Globe® nominee Daniel Brühl (RUSH, INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS, THE FIFTH ESTATE). The film will shoot in Luxem­bourg, Munich, Berlin and South America, until the end of the year.

COLONIA tells the story of Lena and Daniel, a young couple, who become entangled in the Chilean military coup of 1973. Daniel is abducted by Pinochet’s secret police and Lena tracks him to a sealed off area in the South of the country, called Colonia Dignidad.  The Colonia presents itself as a charitable mission run by lay preacher Paul Schäfer but, in fact, is a place nobody ever escaped from. Lena decides to join the cult in order to find Daniel.

Gallenberger is directing COLONIA from a script he and Torsten Wenzel wrote, inspired by true events.  Benjamin Herrmann is producing the feature through his Majestic banner (DESERT FLOWER, JOHN RABE, TOUR DE FORCE).  Nicolas Steil will serve as co-delegate producer through Iris Productions (SUNSET SONG).

The behind-the-scenes creative team includes cinematographer Kolja Brandt (Hector and the Search for Happiness, North Face), production designer Bernd Lepel (Down­fall, The Baader Meinhof Complex), costume designer Nicole Fischnaller (A Most Wanted Man, The Counterfeiters), makeup designers Waldemar Pokromski (The White Ribbon, The Pianist) and Claudine Moureaud (MERCHANT OF VENICE), sound recordist Carlo Thoss (THE GIRL WITH THE PEARL EARRING) and editor Hansjörg Weissbrich (Night Train to Lisbon).

Commenting on the creative team behind the project producer Benjamin Herrmann said: “With Florian’s visionary directing style, and two of the most diverse and gifted young actors working today leading our cast, COLONIA is set to become a powerful and important dramatic production.â€

I'm so happy for her. So, so, so happy. It seems to be a very interesting project itself but I'm even more interested as I really like Daniel Bruhl. (He's a great actor, isn't he?) What's more, my knowledge of this topic is quite miserable and it would be good to explore it better. I'm only afraid that the age difference is a bit too big between Emma and Daniel. Daniel looks young, though, So it probably won't be a problem. I'm also curious if Emma's accent will really sound German. (I hope it will be better than her American accent in "The Perks of Being a Wallflower".)

Szalka, I see you're a big HP fanfiction fan. ; )

I'm so happy for her. So, so, so happy. It seems to be a very interesting project itself but I'm even more interested as I really like Daniel Bruhl. (He's a great actor, isn't he?) What's more, my knowledge of this topic is quite miserable and it would be good to explore it better. I'm only afraid that the age difference is a bit too big between Emma and Daniel. Daniel looks young, though, So it probably won't be a problem. I'm also curious if Emma's accent will really sound German. (I hope it will be better than her American accent in "The Perks of Being a Wallflower".)

Szalka, I see you're a big HP fanfiction fan. ; )

I feel kind of honored that she will play a german :P but she might as well just speak normal english for the role? It will be synchronized here anyway, and I very much doubt it will add any "realism" to the situation if she just goes for accent, unlike with her part in Perks. Although seeing and hearing her try some real german just for fun would be nice. Maybe that lucky a*****e Daniel Brühl  :angry: will get to teach her some....

It will also be the first time ever she visits germany I think. Hope she takes home some good memories B)

Edited by 130671

^Yeah, I was about to say that she was in Berlin for "Noah" premiere. 

I'd also like to hear her speak German because there was a time when I was fascinated by this language. I'm only afraid that it would sound grotesque as Polish does when it's spoken by some random people. But German language is a different kettle of fish. 

I'm sure she'll have a vocal couch for it! I think she will do okay!

Although I don't think she does all that well with an American accent but maybe that's because I'm so used to her having a British accent haha

Edited by Ashley

My superpower is Polish. I live in UK 8 years and I still don't learn proper british accent :) . Is kinda hard. So I know that feeling :D

but for me her American accent is pretty good. Of course that probable depends of the region .

Edited by Szalka

You know, Szalka, when you're a foreigner, it's almost impossible to speak English with pure British/American accent. Unless you emigrate from your country at a very young age. So don't be too hard on yourself! :)
They're supposed to start filming in Luxembourg today, aren't they? ( Or am I wrong? I think I've read it somewhere but I'm not sure.) I hope they will show us some photos from the set soon. At least a few. 

I do think a convincing German accent would be a challenge in a leading role with many lines.

:rolleye0012:  Emma was in Berlin a few months ago.

Must have missed that Berlin visit since Noah wasn't exactly my kind of movie...which is actually true of most of her movies :)

I guess it's a matter of perception with the accents. Many germans feel that english is okay with almost any kind of accent except a german one which sounds horrible. So maybe if she did that (and ofc it is as challenging as any other) only germans in the audience who see the original version would go "omg no" :lol: