The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Colonia Dignidad

I am sure she will nail the accent...it's exciting seeing her taking on roles with various accents- the best to date was Bling Ring ;) spot on Valley Girl ;)

But Perks was adorable even though at times her British accent did slip :)

Proud of our girl!!! Will DEFINITELY see this movie!!!!

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

"Most screenplays are about a damsel in distress who is rescued by a knight in shining armor, but this is a story about a young woman who rescues her husband. That’s what immediately appealed to me."

"This film is my first chance to develop a role from beginning to end. I carry the whole movie and it’s very different. It is both invigorating and liberating. It’s really cool."

Anyone here who knows Swedish wanna translate this properly?

wow when I saw the cropped version on facebook I thought this scene had so much tension(between the characters) yet without a lot of frowning from either of them. I am so in with this!

This new picture is great. I can definitely feel the tension between the characters and it's only a photo. That's a good start. I hope the whole film will meet my expectations. (Uhh, I'm looking forward to seeing it!)

A bit off-topic, but... If Emma wants to nail the accent, she should pay attention to Jessica Lange's German accent in the latest season of American Horror Story. She's just the epitome of awsomeness.  :wub:

This new picture is great. I can definitely feel the tension between the characters and it's only a photo. That's a good start. I hope the whole film will meet my expectations. (Uhh, I'm looking forward to seeing it!)

A bit off-topic, but... If Emma wants to nail the accent, she should pay attention to Jessica Lange's German accent in the latest season of American Horror Story. She's just the epitome of awsomeness.  :wub:

i asked myself earlier today before seeing the still if she'd do one(the german accent hence daniel and lena are a german couple) i hope so!

i asked myself earlier today before seeing the still if she'd do one(the german accent hence daniel and lena are a german couple) i hope so!

I hope so too! It would make sense as English isn't Daniel's native language. And as they both are to play a German couple. 

I hope so too! It would make sense as English isn't Daniel's native language. And as they both are to play a German couple. 

yep, so the accent will make total sense, but who knows?

This movie can be violent. Is like holocaust in 1973r. Just read a history about that place. 

lena will try to remove her man from there, and she can't just sneak in, that wouldn't make such a good movie actually, so give me some action!

that still set my imagination on fire.

I've been thinking about that whole accent thing and I'm not sure anymore whether it makes sense if she speaks with German accent. If they wanted to make it more authentic, she would speak German. (Which, obviously, she can't do.) So maybe they all will just speak English as if it was German. (Oh, does it make sense?)

Anyway, I hope it won't turn out to be such a language mess as "Schindler's list" in which some Germans spoke German while the others spoke English and Polish people spoke English, German and Polish. The same goes for "The Pianist".

Remains to be seen and heard coz we can discuss till midnight on the subject and not getting anywhere. I wish for a slight german accent because it's achievable(hope I spell it right) with the help of a accent/voice coach.