The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Colonia Dignidad

That still gives me the shivers...yes it is similar to the Holocaust...I could never watch Schindler's List... Too much... But I have seen The Pianist and that was violent enough for me. I have to say I honestly appreciate it when films don't sugarcoat things even it is horrid and violent events.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking about that whole accent thing and I'm not sure anymore whether it makes sense if she speaks with German accent. If they wanted to make it more authentic, she would speak German. (Which, obviously, she can't do.) So maybe they all will just speak English as if it was German. (Oh, does it make sense?)

Anyway, I hope it won't turn out to be such a language mess as "Schindler's list" in which some Germans spoke German while the others spoke English and Polish people spoke English, German and Polish. The same goes for "The Pianist".

Exactly ^_^ That's what synchro is for....or you would have to bother the whole world except Germany/Austria/Switzerland with subtitles...

If Sandra Bullock wasn't too old for the role, she might have pulled it off with a little practice since she speaks a fair bit of german I think :P

Edited by 130671

Bullock was born in Arlington, Virginia, a suburb of Washington, D.C. Her father, John W. Bullock (born 1925), was a United States Army employee and part-time voice coach; her mother, Helga Mathilde Meyer (1942–2000), was an opera singer and voice teacher.Bullock's father was from Birmingham, Alabama, and had English, Irish, German, and French ancestry, while Bullock's mother was German. Bullock's maternal grandfather was a rocket scientist from Nuremberg, Germany. Bullock's father, then in charge of the Army's Military Postal Service in Europe, was stationed in Nuremberg when he met his wife. They married in Germany and moved to Arlington, where John worked with the Army Materiel Command, before becoming a contractor for The Pentagon.She has a younger sister, Gesine Bullock-Prado, who was formerly the vice-president of Bullock's production company Fortis Films.

Bullock was raised in Nuremberg, Germany for twelve years and grew up speaking German. She attended the humanistic Waldorf School.

(from Wikipedia)

I heard Sandra speak German and I was surprised by her skills! It's not like she learns a few words by heart and then recites them. She really can speak German. (At least a bit.)

Exactly ^_^ That's what synchro is for....or you would have to bother the whole world except Germany/Austria/Switzerland with subtitles...

If Sandra Bullock wasn't too old for the role, she might have pulled it off with a little practice since she speaks a fair bit of german I think :P

Tbh, I prefer subtitles to the dubbing which, personally, I find very annoying. Maybe it's due to the fact that the dubbing is rather unpopular in Poland. Only kids and family films are dubbed here. When I watch German TV, it always amazes (and somehow bothers) me how everything - all the films and series are dubbed there.  :huh:

I heard Sandra speak German and I was surprised by her skills! It's not like she learns a few words by heart and then recites them. She really can speak German. (At least a bit.)

Tbh, I prefer subtitles to the dubbing which, personally, I find very annoying. Maybe it's due to the fact that the dubbing is rather unpopular in Poland. Only kids and family films are dubbed here. When I watch German TV, it always amazes (and somehow bothers) me how everything - all the films and series are dubbed there.  :huh:

Well maybe you have heard that it's the exact other way round in many other countries. Americans really dislike subtitles, so they have to have dubbing, and Germany is much the same...at least on the big screen I think. It is kind of annoying if there are ppl doing stuff and talking in the upper part but you have to concentrate on the lower one frequently to get some idea of what they are talking about....and I feel most of the time it also ruins the atmosphere somehow.

For thos here who are German : is it good ? How is the accent ? 

:P   She does have a very slight accent sometimes but I can tell you it should be no problem at all for her to pass as german  :yesyes: 

@130671: her voice and accent remainds me on Katrin Weber

Doesn't ring a bell I have to admit.

*consults yt*

Yeah somewhat.

Edited by 130671
  • 2 weeks later...