244 replies to this topic

#41 Szalka

Szalka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationHexham , UK

Posted 24 October 2014 - 11:04 PM

This movie can be violent. Is like holocaust in 1973r. Just read a history about that place. 

"I don't want other people to decide who I am. I want to decide that for myself." 

Hot-Emma-Watson-GIF.giftumblr_n2a8gukRTG1s6o2svo2_250.giftumblr_n2a8gukRTG1s6o2svo1_250.gif

#42 Elena

Elena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:05 AM

I hope so too! It would make sense as English isn't Daniel's native language. And as they both are to play a German couple. 

yep, so the accent will make total sense, but who knows?

This movie can be violent. Is like holocaust in 1973r. Just read a history about that place. 

lena will try to remove her man from there, and she can't just sneak in, that wouldn't make such a good movie actually, so give me some action!

that still set my imagination on fire.

sw70v4.jpg

#43 Szalka

Szalka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationHexham , UK

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:28 AM

so we have two movies with emma to watch next year. And she start working on the third one on march 2015. cool 

"I don't want other people to decide who I am. I want to decide that for myself." 

Hot-Emma-Watson-GIF.giftumblr_n2a8gukRTG1s6o2svo2_250.giftumblr_n2a8gukRTG1s6o2svo1_250.gif

#44 Ashley

Ashley

Extreme Poster

• Water
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,079 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:17 AM

Oh man that new picture is intense! I can't wait for this movie

Edited by Ashley, 26 October 2014 - 05:17 AM.

#45 Szalka

Szalka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationHexham , UK

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:21 PM

Regression will be on 28 of August 2015

Colonia Dignidad will be somewhere in september 2015

#46 Roberto

Roberto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 07:12 PM

buGgp9z.jpg

According to the Press Release, they are aiming for an October release.

http://blogs.indiewi...olonia-20141027

Edited by Roberto, 27 October 2014 - 07:18 PM.

nL2DwrX.png

#47 Szalka

Szalka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationHexham , UK

Posted 27 October 2014 - 07:35 PM

yes I just read the news. Well is not that bad. 

#48 Ashley

Ashley

Extreme Poster

• Water
  • 11,079 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:34 AM

thanks for the high res pic!

#49 MaggieTheCat

MaggieTheCat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationWarszawa

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:15 AM

I've been thinking about that whole accent thing and I'm not sure anymore whether it makes sense if she speaks with German accent. If they wanted to make it more authentic, she would speak German. (Which, obviously, she can't do.) So maybe they all will just speak English as if it was German. (Oh, does it make sense?)

Anyway, I hope it won't turn out to be such a language mess as "Schindler's list" in which some Germans spoke German while the others spoke English and Polish people spoke English, German and Polish. The same goes for "The Pianist".

#50 Elena

Elena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:57 AM

Remains to be seen and heard coz we can discuss till midnight on the subject and not getting anywhere. I wish for a slight german accent because it's achievable(hope I spell it right) with the help of a accent/voice coach.

sw70v4.jpg

#51 cbmac12

cbmac12

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:39 PM

That still gives me the shivers...yes it is similar to the Holocaust...I could never watch Schindler's List... Too much... But I have seen The Pianist and that was violent enough for me. I have to say I honestly appreciate it when films don't sugarcoat things even it is horrid and violent events.
Posted Image

deeply inside credit (HP collection)

#52 Ashley

Ashley

Extreme Poster

• Water
  • 11,079 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:34 PM

I agree. I love watching a movie that has to deal with history and when it's as violent and scary as the real events were

#53 130671

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
  • Mood:::/
  • LocationBetween a rock and a hard place ?

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:57 PM

I've been thinking about that whole accent thing and I'm not sure anymore whether it makes sense if she speaks with German accent. If they wanted to make it more authentic, she would speak German. (Which, obviously, she can't do.) So maybe they all will just speak English as if it was German. (Oh, does it make sense?)

Anyway, I hope it won't turn out to be such a language mess as "Schindler's list" in which some Germans spoke German while the others spoke English and Polish people spoke English, German and Polish. The same goes for "The Pianist".

Exactly ^_^ That's what synchro is for....or you would have to bother the whole world except Germany/Austria/Switzerland with subtitles...

If Sandra Bullock wasn't too old for the role, she might have pulled it off with a little practice since she speaks a fair bit of german I think :P

Edited by 130671, 01 November 2014 - 09:01 PM.

#54 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 02 November 2014 - 10:39 AM

Well, to do Sandra justice, she speaks German fluently. She was raised at Nuremberg, as far as I remember. There was a funny Oscar-interview some years ago. She switched at a German TV-Station from Englisch to German....

"Benutze es!" = "Use it!"

„Dreams come true; without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them.” John Updike

#55 cbmac12

cbmac12

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:14 PM

OT Sandra Bullock went to high school in VA :) never knew that about Germany and her.
Posted Image

deeply inside credit (HP collection)

#56 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:23 PM

Bullock was born in Arlington, Virginia, a suburb of Washington, D.C. Her father, John W. Bullock (born 1925), was a United States Army employee and part-time voice coach; her mother, Helga Mathilde Meyer (1942–2000), was an opera singer and voice teacher.Bullock's father was from Birmingham, Alabama, and had English, Irish, German, and French ancestry, while Bullock's mother was German. Bullock's maternal grandfather was a rocket scientist from Nuremberg, Germany. Bullock's father, then in charge of the Army's Military Postal Service in Europe, was stationed in Nuremberg when he met his wife. They married in Germany and moved to Arlington, where John worked with the Army Materiel Command, before becoming a contractor for The Pentagon.She has a younger sister, Gesine Bullock-Prado, who was formerly the vice-president of Bullock's production company Fortis Films.

Bullock was raised in Nuremberg, Germany for twelve years and grew up speaking German. She attended the humanistic Waldorf School.

(from Wikipedia)

„Dreams come true; without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them.” John Updike

#57 130671

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:33 PM

I thought I remembered something about german ancestry B)

#58 MaggieTheCat

MaggieTheCat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationWarszawa

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:38 PM

I heard Sandra speak German and I was surprised by her skills! It's not like she learns a few words by heart and then recites them. She really can speak German. (At least a bit.)

Exactly ^_^ That's what synchro is for....or you would have to bother the whole world except Germany/Austria/Switzerland with subtitles...

If Sandra Bullock wasn't too old for the role, she might have pulled it off with a little practice since she speaks a fair bit of german I think :P

Tbh, I prefer subtitles to the dubbing which, personally, I find very annoying. Maybe it's due to the fact that the dubbing is rather unpopular in Poland. Only kids and family films are dubbed here. When I watch German TV, it always amazes (and somehow bothers) me how everything - all the films and series are dubbed there.  :huh:

#59 130671

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:13 PM

I heard Sandra speak German and I was surprised by her skills! It's not like she learns a few words by heart and then recites them. She really can speak German. (At least a bit.)

Tbh, I prefer subtitles to the dubbing which, personally, I find very annoying. Maybe it's due to the fact that the dubbing is rather unpopular in Poland. Only kids and family films are dubbed here. When I watch German TV, it always amazes (and somehow bothers) me how everything - all the films and series are dubbed there.  :huh:

Well maybe you have heard that it's the exact other way round in many other countries. Americans really dislike subtitles, so they have to have dubbing, and Germany is much the same...at least on the big screen I think. It is kind of annoying if there are ppl doing stuff and talking in the upper part but you have to concentrate on the lower one frequently to get some idea of what they are talking about....and I feel most of the time it also ruins the atmosphere somehow.

#60 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:43 AM

OT Sandra speaks German (here: 2000, Bambi-Award):

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users