The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Elle UK December 2014

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't think she's retouched, I need to see hires to give a second opinion on it wether it is or not edited. they're all pixelated which is hugely disappointing, not to mention badly cropped.

Something is off and she looks a bit unnatural - that was my first thought when I saw the cover. And I didn't get the same vibe from the other pictures from this shoot. I guess only retouching can be blamed for it. Or maybe it's just me. ;) I like this cover anyhow. I just find the other photos much more appealing. This minimalist styling suits her. 

Better quality (if I'm not wrong)

Yeah it does look a bit off now that I see it bigger sized, me thinks it;s the lips.....maybe not, yeah it does look done but then again I don't work at ELLE...... I found some of the pics w/out the tag and I will post them.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/no8v92.jpg

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2rdf3pu.jpg

http://oi60.tinypic.com/351h1u8.jpg

Edited by Elena

The outfits are a nice contrast in the sense that we can wear what we want without revealing too much ya know? Emma has always felt this way and shows it. With that said, I love her outfits and this Photo shoot just ROCKS!!! :)

As always, love the interviews...she loves the simple things in life which is awesome considering the fact that this young woman could have retired just as I was starting in my job!

Emma just continues to show why she is a role model and why young women especially pre-teen girls and teen girls need a role model like Emma. GO EMMA!!!

The outfits are a nice contrast in the sense that we can wear what we want without revealing too much ya know? Emma has always felt this way and shows it. With that said, I love her outfits and this Photo shoot just ROCKS!!! :)

As always, love the interviews...she loves the simple things in life which is awesome considering the fact that this young woman could have retired just as I was starting in my job!

Emma just continues to show why she is a role model and why young women especially pre-teen girls and teen girls need a role model like Emma. GO EMMA!!!

can't imagine it w/out her in the business, just cannot. man my time would be empty, coz nobody else is anything like her, to have results like her, and be this classy. Nope. 

The shirt, Emma wore, was exclusively made for a charity, promoting womens rights. The Prime Minister wore one, as well as many members of parliament.

Later there was a outcry, because it was found out, that the women in India, making these shirts, were paid only 62 pence per hour.

So much to "feminism". Even organisations, promoting this, are mean to women....

They are exclusively sold by "Whistles" for 45 pounds each.

http://www.whistles.com/

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

I know Elena right?? Emma is just a cool person- anyone who can attend college (and didn't have to- I tell my students about her and they just get this look of awe on their faces :)), act, do shoots, premieres, be an important ambassador for a very worthy cause, and have her own life, is just freakin awesome :)

I know Elena right?? Emma is just a cool person- anyone who can attend college (and didn't have to- I tell my students about her and they just get this look of awe on their faces :)), act, do shoots, premieres, be an important ambassador for a very worthy cause, and have her own life, is just freakin awesome :)

and she doesn't have dark circles. man she's got superpowers!

The shirt, Emma wore, was exclusively made for a charity, promoting womens rights. The Prime Minister wore one, as well as many members of parliament.

Later there was a outcry, because it was found out, that the women in India, making these shirts, were paid only 62 pence per hour.

So much to "feminism". Even organisations, promoting this, are mean to women....

They are exclusively sold by "Whistles" for 45 pounds each.

http://www.whistles.com/

85 pounds.

85 Pounds? Whow......
I found my price in this article:

From Telegraph Nov. 2014: Feminist t-shirts worn by Ed Miliband and Nick Clegg allegedly made by women in poverty. T-shirts promoting feminism worn by celebrities are allegedly being made by migrant workers paid just 62p an hour.

T-shirts worn by Ed Miliband, Nick Clegg and Harriet Harman celebrating feminism are allegedly being produced by poverty stricken migrant workers paid just 62p an hour.

The women making the t-shirts, which carry the slogan “This is what a feminist looks likeâ€, are being made in factories in Mauritius where the machinists are paid just 62p an hour, according to an investigation by the Mail On Sunday.

The paper says the women sleep 16 to a room and work 45 hour weeks earning the equivalent of just £120 a month.

The t-shirts retail in the UK at £45 and cost £9 to make.

One factory worker told the Mail On Sunday: "We do not see ourselves as feminists. We see ourselves as trapped."

It comes as Harriet Harman appeared on the front bench of Prime Minister’s Questions wearing the controversial shirt.

Ed Miliband and Nick Clegg have both posed in the shirt, which is produced by Whistles on behalf of the Fawcett Society.

David Cameron has come under further pressure to wear one but has so far refused to wear the shirt

Posting a picture of herself in the T-shirt Harriet Harman, the deputy leader of the Labour party, wrote on Twitter: “This is what a feminist will look like at Prime Minister’s Questions today @ELLEUK @fawcettsociety #ellefeminismâ€.

Celebrities pictured in the t-shirts include Benedict Cumberbatch, Tinie Tempah and Eddie Izzard.

Fayzal Ally Beegun, president of the International Textile, Garment and Leather Workers Union, told the paper: "The workers in this factory are treated very poorly and the fact that politicians in England are making a statement using these sweatshop t-shirts is appalling."

Whistles said it is launching an investigation into the allegations.

The Fawcett Society said it had been given assurances that the clothing was produced to “ethical standardsâ€.

Interesting, that is an important detail, people do not know these depths, we just buy it and wear it w/out thinking of the people who made the pieces.

Another thing is that building collapsed over workers in Bangladesh, who worked for mango and inditex were even after that tragedy happened, treated indifferently as they bared no mind of what happened and took no measure. This is sad and beyond.

''The Fawcett Society said it had been given assurances that the clothing was produced to “ethical standards'' can't they just f**k off? 

It's obvious they weren't produced at ethical standards if they don't have accomodation for the workers and they're paid only 62 pence an hour.

PS: they were sold at the price of 85 pounds on the whistles.com site. The sweatshirts are now removed.

Edited by Elena

Yes, but this story - about the shirts - was a big thing in the UK. So I cannot understand why Emma agreed to wear one of these for a shooting.... Or was this shooting done months ago??? I mean, she is a official representative for "feminism-rights" now, so she (or her people) should do a bit more of research. Otherwise it looks like that she is not living what she tries to sell....... She has definitly the last word what she will wear during a shooting, so...... do not blame others!

Yes, but this story - about the shirts - was a big thing in the UK. So I cannot understand why Emma agreed to wear one of these for a shooting.... Or was this shooting done months ago??? I mean, she is a official representative for "feminism-rights" now, so she (or her people) should do a bit more of research. Otherwise it looks like that she is not living what she tries to sell....... She has definitly the last word what she will wear during a shooting, so...... do not blame others!

The editor of ELLE UK contacted her right away, probably as soon as they knew she'd be there at the UN Headquarters and the day after she had the interview we now are able to read online and on print. It was mentioned in the mag the photoshoot was planned ahead as all big magazines do. Emma didn't know what's she's wearing until the shooting day(I'm sure) and because she has had several warbrobe changes she can't stop and ask them who made this? is it ethical? She doesn't afford to stop production coz she's got questions(they're on a timer to finish with the photoshoot) about how the sweatshirts were actually made and where and when and how much the workers were paid. I do wish she went back to the editor and told her a few things like she lorraine candy deserves, the whole thing is grossing me out.

As I said, I have no idea, when the shoot took place. The story about the shirts was out weeks ago, so......
But, as I see, Emma is not reading newspapers or watching TV....
As ambassador for female rights she should know about such things.... It's part of her job.

Photo shoots are usually done a few months before the release of the magazine, e.g. Angelina Jolie shot with Mario Testino at the beginning of July and the cover was released just yesterday.  

Tbh, I saw an article about those shirts only a few days ago. Was the information really published weeks ago? I’m not trying to justify why she wore the blouse, but she may have just taken it for granted they were produced to “ethical standardsâ€. ‘Cause Elle is a rather serious magazine (serious when it comes to fashion magazines) and they should have taken care of it themselves. For me, it would be obvious that blouses, which are promoted everywhere (so their production will interest some for sure), were made by people treated well. And it would be even more obvious since it's for a good cause, for feminism, for egalite. 

It’s a sad world. Companies earn millions of dollars (pounds or whatever) and people who work for them live in poverty. 

And this is makes the difference between a good team and a bad one: Emma must not know the story by herself, but her people..... She is ambassador for a sometimes very emotional discussed theme, and her management, her PR-guru and all the other certainly high payed people should protect her. It looks, well, crazy, that she is wearing this shirt..... Not good PR-work.

Let's be honest, it makes her look like a hypocrite. And I hope she isn't one in real life. All in all, it's a lesson for her. She will be definitely more careful in future.

That's her dilemma. She wants to be professional, but in the end there is always something, ruining the perfect image. Her lack of passion for her fans, the "Ask Emma" - soap-bubble (ended after 5 questions), the shirt-desaster, the after-party she missed because she slept in, the lie about her pole-dancing-lessons, the desaster during shooting of "This is the end", the answering of questions of her own staff (sitting at her side) during the twitter-chat, her "work commitments" preventing her to go to Zambia (but she went to the Hamptons and to concerts in New York), her hilarious performance after the split with Will......  If she would have a good working team, nothing of this would ever happen........ It is in my opinion not alone her job to be careful; there must be somebody who tell her: "Not that shirt, Ems!" This is the job of a good PR-man. And, honestly: even if the story was not up at the time of the ELLE-Shooting, I would have questioned the origin of that shirt. Stories about poor women in sweatshops are nothing new; and believing that these shirts were made in a expensive way is simply stupid.

You want to know something captain or whatever the heck your icon is?? No one else on here tries to find ways to tear Emma down. No one else brought up the whole shirt thing- which btw is from supposedly media reports and we know how reliably true those reports always are after all. NOT...who knows if it was known or not, bottom line is what Emma is doing to promote equality in the world I am all for. The one thing I am sick of on here is how you ALWAYS find ways to tear her down. ALWAYS. Since my being here I don't believe I have seen you say more than 2 kind or positive things about her. I hear she made a Paddington design- go ahead and say how she really hates butterflies but chose that design. You are the worse kind of troll on here and I wouldn't be surprised if you don't troll other websites of kind and talented actresses. I don't get what the purpose was of bringing media reports up. You truly are the person who "would take candy from a baby".

Sorry but I had to say this...just gets old after awhile. To my Emma buddies, I'm sorry for turning this into an angry post but I am just sick of captain hypocrite.

Elena, I know what yas mean :)