#21 Elena

Elena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:13 AM

Wow, Roberto, you're awesome! Thanks for all the pictures and the article. 

^This outfit is just… terrible. Boyfriend jeans and a sort of baggy (maybe it's not baggy, but it's not close-fitting either) jacket? No, no, no. It’s wrong. It does nothing for her figure.  But other than that, the styling is OK. At least, better than the styling from Elle UK November 2011. I like the dress with yellow elements most.

When it comes to the cover, well, the layout isn’t impressive. There is too much text. And retouching which she definitely doesn’t need at all. I wish they had used the picture where she’s sitting on the floor for the cover. It’s really beautiful.  All in all, she looks beautiful. I like the simplicity and the clearness of the shoot. She pulls it off. She is such a great model. The camera loves her. 

i don't think she's retouched, I need to see hires to give a second opinion on it wether it is or not edited. they're all pixelated which is hugely disappointing, not to mention badly cropped.

sig by ashley

6.png

#22 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:47 AM

I wonder, why nobody is seeing the most important differense to all other shootings, she did befor.......

"Benutze es!" = "Use it!"

„Dreams come true; without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them.” John Updike

#23 Thessalie

Thessalie

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:27 PM

I wonder, why nobody is seeing the most important differense to all other shootings, she did befor.......

What is it ? 

The article is briliant !

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself. 

Desiderata

Max Ehrmann

#24 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:13 PM

She looks, and I mean this positive, for the first time like a 24 year old female. They used less photoshop then f.e. "Wonderland" used. Her face shows for the first time her real age. And this is great.

„Dreams come true; without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them.” John Updike

#25 Junkie.

Junkie.

Power Poster

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,365 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:24 PM

I've seen these photos on Tumblr and let me say.. She is absolutely stunning!

#26 susang

susang

Novice Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Mood::Happy
  • LocationIndia

Posted 31 October 2014 - 05:28 AM

Emma looks exceptionally beautiful in every outfit.

#27 MaggieTheCat

MaggieTheCat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationWarszawa

Posted 31 October 2014 - 07:20 AM

i don't think she's retouched, I need to see hires to give a second opinion on it wether it is or not edited. they're all pixelated which is hugely disappointing, not to mention badly cropped.

Something is off and she looks a bit unnatural - that was my first thought when I saw the cover. And I didn't get the same vibe from the other pictures from this shoot. I guess only retouching can be blamed for it. Or maybe it's just me. ;) I like this cover anyhow. I just find the other photos much more appealing. This minimalist styling suits her. 

Better quality (if I'm not wrong)

JGWErArg.jpg

#28 Elena

Elena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:49 AM

Yeah it does look a bit off now that I see it bigger sized, me thinks it;s the lips.....maybe not, yeah it does look done but then again I don't work at ELLE...... I found some of the pics w/out the tag and I will post them.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/no8v92.jpg

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2rdf3pu.jpg

http://oi60.tinypic.com/351h1u8.jpg

Edited by Elena, 31 October 2014 - 10:54 AM.

sig by ashley

6.png

#29 MaggieTheCat

MaggieTheCat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationWarszawa

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:03 PM

Subscriber cover 

b97ji8.jpg

#30 Szalka

Szalka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationHexham , UK

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:04 AM

anybody wants copy of Elle I got two. ?

"I don't want other people to decide who I am. I want to decide that for myself." 

Hot-Emma-Watson-GIF.giftumblr_n2a8gukRTG1s6o2svo2_250.giftumblr_n2a8gukRTG1s6o2svo1_250.gif

#31 Elena

Elena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:01 PM

anybody wants copy of Elle I got two. ?

is it nice? I'd love to have one!

sig by ashley

6.png

#32 cbmac12

cbmac12

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:11 PM

The outfits are a nice contrast in the sense that we can wear what we want without revealing too much ya know? Emma has always felt this way and shows it. With that said, I love her outfits and this Photo shoot just ROCKS!!! :)

As always, love the interviews...she loves the simple things in life which is awesome considering the fact that this young woman could have retired just as I was starting in my job!

Emma just continues to show why she is a role model and why young women especially pre-teen girls and teen girls need a role model like Emma. GO EMMA!!!
Posted Image

deeply inside credit (HP collection)

#33 Elena

Elena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:24 PM

The outfits are a nice contrast in the sense that we can wear what we want without revealing too much ya know? Emma has always felt this way and shows it. With that said, I love her outfits and this Photo shoot just ROCKS!!! :)

As always, love the interviews...she loves the simple things in life which is awesome considering the fact that this young woman could have retired just as I was starting in my job!

Emma just continues to show why she is a role model and why young women especially pre-teen girls and teen girls need a role model like Emma. GO EMMA!!!

can't imagine it w/out her in the business, just cannot. man my time would be empty, coz nobody else is anything like her, to have results like her, and be this classy. Nope. 

sig by ashley

6.png

#34 Szalka

Szalka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationHexham , UK

Posted 02 November 2014 - 12:25 AM

is it nice? I'd love to have one!

Ok give me your address on prive. 

"I don't want other people to decide who I am. I want to decide that for myself." 

Hot-Emma-Watson-GIF.giftumblr_n2a8gukRTG1s6o2svo2_250.giftumblr_n2a8gukRTG1s6o2svo1_250.gif

#35 Elena

Elena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:27 AM

Ok give me your address on prive. 

ok, done~!

sig by ashley

6.png

#36 Thessalie

Thessalie

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 02 November 2014 - 10:01 AM

By the way guys, do you know where we can find the sweater "This is what a feminist looks like" ? I searched on internet but can't seem to find it... 

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself. 

Desiderata

Max Ehrmann

#37 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 02 November 2014 - 10:29 AM

The shirt, Emma wore, was exclusively made for a charity, promoting womens rights. The Prime Minister wore one, as well as many members of parliament.

Later there was a outcry, because it was found out, that the women in India, making these shirts, were paid only 62 pence per hour.

So much to "feminism". Even organisations, promoting this, are mean to women....

They are exclusively sold by "Whistles" for 45 pounds each.

http://www.whistles.com/

Edited by Jonny Carinthia, 02 November 2014 - 10:34 AM.

#38 cbmac12

cbmac12

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:18 PM

I know Elena right?? Emma is just a cool person- anyone who can attend college (and didn't have to- I tell my students about her and they just get this look of awe on their faces :)), act, do shoots, premieres, be an important ambassador for a very worthy cause, and have her own life, is just freakin awesome :)
Posted Image

deeply inside credit (HP collection)

#39 Elena

Elena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:11 PM

I know Elena right?? Emma is just a cool person- anyone who can attend college (and didn't have to- I tell my students about her and they just get this look of awe on their faces :)), act, do shoots, premieres, be an important ambassador for a very worthy cause, and have her own life, is just freakin awesome :)

and she doesn't have dark circles. man she's got superpowers!

The shirt, Emma wore, was exclusively made for a charity, promoting womens rights. The Prime Minister wore one, as well as many members of parliament.

Later there was a outcry, because it was found out, that the women in India, making these shirts, were paid only 62 pence per hour.

So much to "feminism". Even organisations, promoting this, are mean to women....

They are exclusively sold by "Whistles" for 45 pounds each.

http://www.whistles.com/

85 pounds.

sig by ashley

6.png

#40 Jonny Carinthia

Jonny Carinthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:06 AM

85 Pounds? Whow......
I found my price in this article:

From Telegraph Nov. 2014: Feminist t-shirts worn by Ed Miliband and Nick Clegg allegedly made by women in poverty. T-shirts promoting feminism worn by celebrities are allegedly being made by migrant workers paid just 62p an hour.

T-shirts worn by Ed Miliband, Nick Clegg and Harriet Harman celebrating feminism are allegedly being produced by poverty stricken migrant workers paid just 62p an hour.

The women making the t-shirts, which carry the slogan “This is what a feminist looks like”, are being made in factories in Mauritius where the machinists are paid just 62p an hour, according to an investigation by the Mail On Sunday.

The paper says the women sleep 16 to a room and work 45 hour weeks earning the equivalent of just £120 a month.

The t-shirts retail in the UK at £45 and cost £9 to make.

One factory worker told the Mail On Sunday: "We do not see ourselves as feminists. We see ourselves as trapped."

It comes as Harriet Harman appeared on the front bench of Prime Minister’s Questions wearing the controversial shirt.

Ed Miliband and Nick Clegg have both posed in the shirt, which is produced by Whistles on behalf of the Fawcett Society.

David Cameron has come under further pressure to wear one but has so far refused to wear the shirt

Posting a picture of herself in the T-shirt Harriet Harman, the deputy leader of the Labour party, wrote on Twitter: “This is what a feminist will look like at Prime Minister’s Questions today @ELLEUK @fawcettsociety #ellefeminism”.

Celebrities pictured in the t-shirts include Benedict Cumberbatch, Tinie Tempah and Eddie Izzard.

Fayzal Ally Beegun, president of the International Textile, Garment and Leather Workers Union, told the paper: "The workers in this factory are treated very poorly and the fact that politicians in England are making a statement using these sweatshop t-shirts is appalling."

Whistles said it is launching an investigation into the allegations.

The Fawcett Society said it had been given assurances that the clothing was produced to “ethical standards”.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users