The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma to star in Disney's 'Beauty and the Beast'

I just can't stop thinking about wha B/B is gonna look like!!! The new Cinderella I believe is out now in theaters or coming soon- want to see this too- Disney did such a beautiful job with MALEFICENT. :)

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Variety and The Wrap reporting that Luke Evans is close to a deal as Gaston.

The Wrap says that Eddie Redmayne was offered the role first but passed on it, giving it up to Evans.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/luke-evans-to-play-gaston-in-disneys-beauty-and-the-beast-1201446186/

http://www.thewrap.com/luke-evans-cast-as-gaston-opposite-emma-watson-in-disneys-beauty-and-the-beast/

"We’re starting to shoot Beauty and the Beast for Disney and Allegiant on the same day, May 18th. Beauty and the Beast we’re wildly excited about. That’s shooting in London."

"On the Beauty and the Beast update, Lieberman also said the film stick to a “classic†approach to the material, but will introduce “new elements†and new characters."

http://collider.com/allegiant-movie-news-beauty-and-the-beast-todd-lieberman/

woooop thanks Rob!

It is just going to be AMAZING- I am already picturing scenes in my head :)
Agree with your comment too Elena :)

well I was never into beauty and the beast as a kid, I was more of a Snow White kinda girl. So, I'll let this film walk me through it, too excited to hear them sing too! 

LOL nice Elena :) OMG I think I saw B/B like 10 times...I think I drove my parents crazy playing the soundtrack over and one again on a daily basis for like a month!!! ;)

Haha e too, I know all the songs by heart in French and in English, i can't wait !

LOL nice Elena :) OMG I think I saw B/B like 10 times...I think I drove my parents crazy playing the soundtrack over and one again on a daily basis for like a month!!! ;)

THAT'S FUNNY! You were crazed, well i imagine you going nuts over this one lol!

Bunch of new things today:

Kevin Kline has signed on to play Belle's Father, Maurice

Emma Thompson has signed on to play Mrs. Potts.

The original composer of the animated film, Alan Menken, is returning to score the film. There will be a mix of new recordings of the old songs alongside several original songs written by Alan Menken and Tim Rice (Menken has frequently collaborated with Rice on previous Disney films, including Aladdin and The Lion King.)

The film will be released in 3D on March 17, 2017.

I loved Kevin Kline in all of the movies of him I saw (Life as a house, Wild Wild West, Dave, the Hunchback of Notre Dame :P)

And I'm found of the original music, especially the theme when the beast becomes the prince (I only know the french title sorry). 

That's great news !!!!!!!!!! 

I just can't wait, that's so much good materials, it MUST be awesome !! 

Bunch of new things today:

Kevin Kline has signed on to play Belle's Father, Maurice

Emma Thompson has signed on to play Mrs. Potts.

The original composer of the animated film, Alan Menken, is returning to score the film. There will be a mix of new recordings of the old songs alongside several original songs written by Alan Menken and Tim Rice (Menken has frequently collaborated with Rice on previous Disney films, including Aladdin and The Lion King.)

The film will be released in 3D on March 17, 2017.