The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma to star in Disney's 'Beauty and the Beast'

One of the producers of Beauty And The Beast (2017), Todd Lieberman talks about the film with The Hollywood Reporter.

What we came up with years ago was: 'It would be great to tell that story from the Beast’s perspective,' but it evolved into, 'Let’s tell it the classic way'

http://emmawatsonbelgium.blogspot.com/2015/04/news-about-beauty-and-beast-lets-tell.html?m=1

It's gonna be from the Beast’s perspective..?! Disney, you guys are such a tease now I can't wait to see the movie !! I WANT IT NOW!!!

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha that's a fun picture to confirm it ! 

But I don't understand what "Le de france" means... As I'm French, it possibly means that there is a mistake on his tee shirt !  :blush:

its not meant to make sense, people just put words on teeshirts just like that, and then call it a day.

the focus is on the word Lumiere.

its not meant to make sense, people just put words on teeshirts just like that, and then call it a day.

the focus is on the word Lumiere.

Well, I understand the purpose of course and that was actually a great and funny way to anounce his new role, but I'm sorry Elena I can't agree with your "It's not meant to make sense".

When you wear a message on your torso, I disagree that it's not made to make sense. Sometimes you just don't care about what's written because you want to wear something beautiful and not meaningful, but I think of the people that made this tee-shirt, and something went wrong in the process because that should not be written on a tee-shirt. 

Well, I understand the purpose of course and that was actually a great and funny way to anounce his new role, but I'm sorry Elena I can't agree with your "It's not meant to make sense".

When you wear a message on your torso, I disagree that it's not made to make sense. Sometimes you just don't care about what's written because you want to wear something beautiful and not meaningful, but I think of the people that made this tee-shirt, and something went wrong in the process because that should not be written on a tee-shirt. 

I like your pursuit of perfection and all of your comment above, but not everybody thinks this way, I never bought and never will buy something that doesn't make sense even if it's nice, but that is just us. Some things lack sense, he doesn't know any french, he couldn't care less about it(like how many people will consider grammar when buyng and wearing a tshirt with a print) and threw it on. It's something that you shouldn't dwell on, something you can't be mad about.

Coz I won't. I have other things to do and consider(there's wars going on in the world etc).

OMFG OMFG LUMIERE IS EWAN!!!!!!!!!!! He will sing BE OUR GUEST THEN!!!!!!! I am drooling...all I can hear in my head is his Moulin Rouge singing ;) thanks toxicbox!!

Edited by cbmac12

OMFG OMFG LUMIERE IS EWAN!!!!!!!!!!! He will sing BE OUR GUEST THEN!!!!!!! I am drooling...all I can hear in my head is his Moulin Rouge singing ;) thanks toxicbox!!

I don't know anything about the beauty and the beast and I won't spoil it, I will wait to watch this!

No way!!! Really?

I never watched beauty! I was a snow white kinda child, and all hans christian andersen fairytales! disney, not a biggie for the 8 years old me.

besides it wasn't even shown on tv here when I was a kid. lots of tom and jerry though.

so ''having said that'' will watch emma as beauty and be enchanted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So excited to see this adaptation! Did you have Emma Watson, Dan Stevens, or Luke Evans sing certain songs from the movie when they auditioned. If so, what?

Actually, I had them all sing “Hakuna Matata,†just to confuse them.

How are you changing the story to reflect the third dimension that the animated original did not have?

We’re actually here in Belle’s poor provincial town right now, corralling an angry mob, which has always been a dream of any Frankenstein fan . . . I wouldn’t say we’re changing the story so much as sort of making connections that in a lot of cases were right under the surface. Honestly, there are so many people who love the original film and love the Broadway show, and they’ve had two decades now to pick them apart and point out big questions and plot holes, and in a lot of places we looked at those and said, “Hey, that’s a good question,†or “That’s an excellent point, why don’t these townspeople know anything about this huge castle that’s like a mile away from their village?,†and used those as jumping off points for our own discussions. So hopefully, this will be a film where a die-hard fan can jump up and say “exactly!â€

Would you please give us one clue about the ballroom dance sequence? Thank you!

It was one of the first scenes we shot, and it was really magical. You will believe a beast can waltz.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/07/bill-condon-beauty-and-the-beast-mr-holmes

I will say this-have my B/B musical globe and played the soundtrack over and over ;) I am dying to hear Emma sing!!! :) :) oh and dance too!!!!!!

Edited by cbmac12