The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma to star in Disney's 'Beauty and the Beast'

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just being 100% honest, as usual. didn't try to be comedic, but I seriously love that you mentioned quite several times that I made you laugh, that's great, I clap at myself for that one. it's a good productive that if I made somebody laugh, even one person!

• 2 weeks later...

So excited to see this adaptation! Did you have Emma Watson, Dan Stevens, or Luke Evans sing certain songs from the movie when they auditioned. If so, what?

Actually, I had them all sing “Hakuna Matata,†just to confuse them.

How are you changing the story to reflect the third dimension that the animated original did not have?

We’re actually here in Belle’s poor provincial town right now, corralling an angry mob, which has always been a dream of any Frankenstein fan . . . I wouldn’t say we’re changing the story so much as sort of making connections that in a lot of cases were right under the surface. Honestly, there are so many people who love the original film and love the Broadway show, and they’ve had two decades now to pick them apart and point out big questions and plot holes, and in a lot of places we looked at those and said, “Hey, that’s a good question,†or “That’s an excellent point, why don’t these townspeople know anything about this huge castle that’s like a mile away from their village?,†and used those as jumping off points for our own discussions. So hopefully, this will be a film where a die-hard fan can jump up and say “exactly!â€

Would you please give us one clue about the ballroom dance sequence? Thank you!

It was one of the first scenes we shot, and it was really magical. You will believe a beast can waltz.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/07/bill-condon-beauty-and-the-beast-mr-holmes

Amazing :D 

I'm one of those die-hard fans, I just loved the original Disney, I'm so glad to read with what angle they approached this project ! I love when they actually realize how important it is for the fans haha 

We will hear nothing for awhile I am guessing- part of me wishes we never heard this was being filmed til closer to 2017 ;) but then again WE DID HEAR SO WOHOOO!!!!!!!!!! :) it's gonna be torture waiting for it to come! Lol

Yeah well, news fly now with social media and paparazzi and stuff, plus we're pretty nosey ourselves. I don't mind they take the time to make it.

Bill Condon did an amaaaaazing job with DREAMGIRLS, watched many times over and over again, and so I trust the end result will blow my mind.

LOL OH SO TRUE...but it really does sound like the Disney people in London studios were big time secure in keeping the actors hidden... They did release some pics of the setting though so I thought that was cool.

According to the Disney exec he seemed like he was blown away by BATB and Bill Condon...who I didn't know did Twilight so I will forgive him for that one ;) we all make mistakes after all hehe

WE ARE ALL ONLY HUMAN AT THE END OF THE DAY RIIIIGHT!?

Also It paid big time too. Who's gonna refuse some fat paychecks?

Darn right he was blown away, I mean he might as well seen all dailies and well all filmed material, like seriously.

I'm only a bit jealous

For HP, they were all picked up from home so yeah, that's how they do it, they provide a driver for all talent.

LOL!!!! Yes all allowed to make mistakes ;) I mean Twilight? Ergh...oh well LOL...sadly it did pay the bills based on what they made.

I am so beyond jealous he saw everything...but that's part of his job. Lucky guy!!

I forget they had drivers for HP- most of their years they weren't old enough to drive! It's so funny to think that!! :)

Twitter all over-15YearsDanEmmaRupert...hard to believe been 15 yrs since they were cast!

Twitter all over-15YearsDanEmmaRupert...hard to believe been 15 yrs since they were cast!

Yeah, they have been working for a while, and Dan did two movies before HP. I'm so proud of them.

Tears up :') from Emma's twitter....

The 21st of August must be an auspicious day for me 15 yrs ago I began my journey as Hermione15 yrs later I wrap on my 1st musical as Belle.

I actually teared up at this....especially with the lil pic of the trio in their first press conference :')

I am proud too Elena!

So that was a wrap!! Now we wait...2017!!!!! :)

https://mobile.twitter.com/EmWatson/status/634812316756889600

• 2 weeks later...