The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma Video Message 2. March 2015

Awww to your comment :) yes there is definitely a shyness still- what makes her so darn precious though :) I just give her so many props for doing these very important talks about this very important issue.

Well, it is the whole picture of her appearance. She always runs around like Queen Victoria after the death of Albert. Black. Black. Grey. Black. Somebody should tell her, that it does not fit her personality. Or is she depressed like old Vic was???????

well I agree myself, but at least there was some grey, it could have been entirely black. which is good. I like the lipstick, knock it off! It's nice on her, i like that pop of colour. Maybe I could rock an orange liptick myself.

me too, it's like I have a few strands on my head lol. 

Haha, I know that feel, Elena! I'm always like: Why can't I have my mum's hair?! (My mum has beautiful hair.)  Why did I have to take after my dad? Why do I have to have this thin, dull blonde hair? 

As for the interview – I really enjoyed watching it. Emma was quite nervous in the beginning, she was relying on her notes too much and sometimes she didn't give straight answers to the asked questions (which irritated me a bit), but that's understandable. After she relaxed, it was really enjoyable to hear her talk about all these difficult issues. I especially liked the part where she was talking about her sister (if I remember well) who just wants to play with boys, who just wants to be involved in their games. So simple, yet so true. Raising awareness is extremely important. It might be better than it was e.g. in the 19th century, but there's still so much left to be done. Statistics in my country indicate that wife battering and general domestic violence are quite rare (rarer than in many western countries), but it's not true at all. Both men and women are just afraid and ashamed to admit they're victims. They shouldn't feel ashamed. The ones who are attackers should be ashamed. But, well, it's the mentality that needs to be changed. That's why raising awareness is so important and that's why I'm so proud Emma is a part of this movement. 

When it comes to her outfit, hm, the pants are a bit too wide for my taste and the shirt reminds me of one of my dad's flannel shirts he wears when he gardens, but, overall, I like it. It's more playful than usually. Although, I can't understand why she insists on wearing black (+ sometimes white) all the time. (Ha, I should ask myself the same question 'cause I always tell me myself I'm going to wear something colorful, but every time, I end up wearing black as it just feels safe and comfortable.) I like it when she wears lipstick, but not this particular shade. It's too cold and too bricky. (I love when she wears classic red or claret. It suits her far better.) 
Edited by MaggieTheCat

Although, I can't understand why she insists on wearing black (+ sometimes white) all the time. (Ha, I should ask myself the same question 'cause I always tell me myself I'm going to wear something colorful, but every time, I end up wearing black as it just feels safe and comfortable.) 

I'd say that it's because it's a classy colour (in France it's the most classy colour, I heard that in the USA it's beige, but i'm not sure of that). 

Emma was quite nervous in the beginning, she was relying on her notes too much and sometimes she didn't give straight answers to the asked questions (which irritated me a bit), but that's understandable.

I thought that too !

I really liked when she talked about woman having a child, which leads to work difficulties sometimes. I'm really into the idea that a child should be raised by two people, not only the mother, that the father should have the same rights as woman, the same time off work to raise the kids. As my femisit side grew stronger, I got very angry (not a good thing though...) about the patriarchal society and the patriarchal familly type, with the old standards "woman do the child work, that's why they get the off work, not the man". Men should be more included. 

PS : sorry sorry for the "mother+father" type familly I'm writing about, I should have included the same sex parents, because I'm 100% supportive of them too, for them to have the same rights. I guess it's the same problem, if you didn't bear the child, you just can't have the time to raise him/her (I'm talking about a time off complitely paid, here in france it's 3 months for the mother, 11 days the father)

Edited by Thessalie

Haha, I know that feel, Elena! I'm always like: Why can't I have my mum's hair?! (My mum has beautiful hair.)  Why did I have to take after my dad? Why do I have to have this thin, dull blonde hair? 

As for the interview – I really enjoyed watching it. Emma was quite nervous in the beginning, she was relying on her notes too much and sometimes she didn't give straight answers to the asked questions (which irritated me a bit), but that's understandable. After she relaxed, it was really enjoyable to hear her talk about all these difficult issues. I especially liked the part where she was talking about her sister (if I remember well) who just wants to play with boys, who just wants to be involved in their games. So simple, yet so true. Raising awareness is extremely important. It might be better than it was e.g. in the 19th century, but there's still so much left to be done. Statistics in my country indicate that wife battering and general domestic violence are quite rare (rarer than in many western countries), but it's not true at all. Both men and women are just afraid and ashamed to admit they're victims. They shouldn't feel ashamed. The ones who are attackers should be ashamed. But, well, it's the mentality that needs to be changed. That's why raising awareness is so important and that's why I'm so proud Emma is a part of this movement. 

When it comes to her outfit, hm, the pants are a bit too wide for my taste and the shirt reminds me of one of my dad's flannel shirts he wears when he gardens, but, overall, I like it. It's more playful than usually. Although, I can't understand why she insists on wearing black (+ sometimes white) all the time. (Ha, I should ask myself the same question 'cause I always tell me myself I'm going to wear something colorful, but every time, I end up wearing black as it just feels safe and comfortable.) I like it when she wears lipstick, but not this particular shade. It's too cold and too bricky. (I love when she wears classic red or claret. It suits her far better.) 

Yeah but still her choices are solely hers and it was about her message not clothing, so I don't hate much on the outfit, which is a bit too boring for what I'm used to, but in her downtime she goes casual, just like announcing the q&a she wore black and white nails(dior show). If it was a more fancy thing/event, she'd have dressed up. I'm a wee bit jealous of her hair though.

Her Stylist should be sent to Azkaban. BLACK again. So depressing.

I wear a lot of black clothing too. Maybe emma just really likes black clothes. Doesn't mean she's depressed.

I'm living her outfit!

I don't like the lipstick though. I've never liked emma with lipstick. I just never thought it suited her well

Maybe thats because its a big red blob in a very fair-skinned face ? I can't believe no one ever told her to try lighter and less contrasting lipstick colors to draw attention up towards her eyes....

Maybe thats because its a big red blob in a very fair-skinned face ? I can't believe no one ever told her to try lighter and less contrasting lipstick colors to draw attention up towards her eyes....

I think that's it. I think she would look better with a more pale color. The red just doesn't suit her.

Anyways Ive seen some clips from it through Facebook and she seems like she did really well. I'm super proud of her!

• 2 months later...