The Emma-Watson.net Forum

"Tom Felton Meets the Super fans" Documentary A.K.A "I'm up to something shady" Doc

"Tom Felton Meets the Super fans" is a decumentary made by tom felton himself, basically is about him meeting hp fans, looking at why people decide to become superfans, plus Dan, Rups and other casts being interviewed by tom himself. I'm not interested in his documentary at all after I've watched some previews of it.

There was a clip of Tom talking to a fan and that fan was saying how he likes Daniel or something, and then he told Tom “But Emma Watson’s not so nice†and Tom seemed first a bit perplexed and then he laughed, whether he was surprised by that comment or gleefully agreed with the fan. My problem isn’t that there is someone out there who dislikes Emma (hell, you can dislike her for no reason nobody's judging you), it’s just how tom targets and treats her… that comment has absolutely no place in a documentary with the supposed goal of showing the love the fans have, he could have easily cut it out. If this was said about another cast member (Dan, Rups) it definitely would be edited out.

The purpose of previewing that scene and comment is to attract not just a positive but also a negative audience and make it open for everyone. I doubt a documentary like this is suppose to be taken seriously but at least have some public respect for those whom you've worked with for a decade. it’s lame as hell to include such a comment about a friend or just someone you have worked with for like 10 years.

And as if that wasn't shady enough, tom basically thanked alot of HP cast (on twitter) including Daniel and Rupert. Emma was left out and it was awkward to see him acting like emma never existed. Tbh I really feel bad for Emma, it’s like she’s completely erased from there even though she’s been one of the most relevant roles - they could have at least said something good/nice about her but it seems like Tom’s too petty for even doing that.

I saw some people amid the whole discussion about the documentary blaming Emma for not getting featured aka “she didn’t support the film, I don’t see why she should support something that she probably WASN'T EVEN ASKED to participate in in the first place?

... call me sensitive or whatever but apart from angering me, this also makes me sad like… tom why?

That is so childish. She, of course, wasn't asked to join them. She's too hot for tv, why would they want Emma to steal their thunder? (I'm halfway joking).

Get Hermione to punch Draco again.

LOL!!!!!!!! Elena, THAT was SPOT ON. To quote Ron, "not good, brilliant" ;) (POA).

Yeah that Superfan was kinda weird and creepy- definitely not someone I would want to be left alone with LOL.

I wouldn't worry- Tom has always said kind things, and it is a documentary where virtually nothing is edited- look at any docs by Morgan Spurlock LOL

They know her too well to leave her out 100%, it was a boy doc with just boys. It was a no girls allowed day that day. 

LOL!!!!!!!! Elena, THAT was SPOT ON. To quote Ron, "not good, brilliant" ;) (POA).

That would make even Dan laugh, he's my favorite, not Tom. Where's Tom's movies? Why is he such a big deal to even think to make a doc about fans?

I don't understand. On the other side, Dan and Emma don't seem like the kind of folks to even bother complain/whine about the results of their fame: weird fans, some of them really really obsessed. Maybe I'll watch it. To see Dan.

I'm not that sure that she wasn't asked to participate. You see I feel like she really tries to put her Hermione image away, + with all the projects she currently has, I'd say she wouldn't be interested in such a documentary because in the end it's all about the cast of Harry Hotter, it's Harry Potter related. I really feel like she wants to step away from it. 

She wants to be remembered for her other projects appart from Harry Potter.

If she didn't participate in the documentary, of course Tom wouldn't thank her on twitter! I mean he wouldn't go for a "Thanks Emma for being you and working with me 10 years ago", he promotes his documentary, she's not in, he can't make "false advertising" by name dropping her, don't you think ? 

But guys, anyway, let's not make this thread a "lets talk badly about Tom" thread, that wouldn't do any good to Emma you know :P 

Totally true :) I like Tom and tbh it did sound like a just guys + JKR ;) it would have been intriguing getting the girls' comments as well but maybe for guys it's different than for the girls? Maybe a lot worse for girls? Or equal? Anyway as I said I caught some of it...btw that super fan Brian def creeps me out- I knew he looked familiar- he had posed with Rupert last year at a stage signing in the UK...he is American so unless he travels a lot, that is kind of stalkerish on Rupert.

I'm not that sure that she wasn't asked to participate. You see I feel like she really tries to put her Hermione image away, + with all the projects she currently has, I'd say she wouldn't be interested in such a documentary because in the end it's all about the cast of Harry Hotter, it's Harry Potter related. I really feel like she wants to step away from it. 

She wants to be remembered for her other projects appart from Harry Potter.

If she didn't participate in the documentary, of course Tom wouldn't thank her on twitter! I mean he wouldn't go for a "Thanks Emma for being you and working with me 10 years ago", he promotes his documentary, she's not in, he can't make "false advertising" by name dropping her, don't you think ? 

But guys, anyway, let's not make this thread a "lets talk badly about Tom" thread, that wouldn't do any good to Emma you know :P

Well, he thanked evanna lynch, bonnie and others who didn't participate in his documentary and he considered them as "the hp family he grow up with" lol whether he likes it or not emma IS a part of hp family, that's all what i wanted to say.

I'm sorry if I annoyed you guys with my wrath, So I'll wrap up the whole discussion with:

Snitchseeker....has the interview...very intriguing!!!

Like I said, that guy Brian is creepy...

I have never heard people say things about Emma- unless it is fans who have invaded her privacy or hounded her- in that case I see her as being justified in ignoring them. I see her as kindly declining- maybe Emma declined the guy Brian and so he sees that as not nice. I get creepy vibe from him. Rupert said he likes the guy but Rupert also went with strangers dressed in drag for bagels at 2am LOL!!!! ;)

Also Tom didn't thank Oliver Phelps on his twitter because Olliver like Emma didn't tweet about it. Tom was thanking tweeters ;)

Anyway wouldn't put any stock into anything.

Edited by cbmac12

well.. as i mentioned before the problem is not that guy but the way tom showed it in his documentary, considering that comment against emma was the ONLY negative comment in the whole documentary, if there was a segment on the other side of HP fans (the negative side, things they criticize or don’t like about the books, movies or cast), then this scene might make sense, but from the purpose of this whole documentary, there weren't any similar comments against the rest of the cast. If that fan actually said anything hateful towards dan or rups, tom would probably cut it out. *shrugs*

Anyway, I've got your point no need to make a big deal out of small things

And at the end of day, regardless of showing that anti comment in his doc will never change the fact that it is nothing compared to the millions of fans Emma has

Especially these cute fans lol

Exactly, don't get me wrong, good for him, but he's not that a big deal of an actor, where are his movies anyway? He's not as hardworking as say Daniel. So where's the point of this doc? We all deal with trolls, toxic people, wether in person or online. There's trolls on this forum if you think about it. But ah well if all that made Tom feel better about his fame. I'd tell him not to worry much, to take care of his family and to try live his life to the fullest.

APPLAUSE AND PROPS!!!!!!!!! :) agree Elena!!!!!!! With all yas said!!!! I have watched Tom in Murder in the First here on TNT and OMG-we all saw him as a slime ball as Draco- watch him as Erich Blunt!!!! Makes Draco look like a hero LOL

Anyway Emma is my favorite actress and will watch her in all of her projects :) she is someone that I am thrilled to know is a role model for my young 4th grade students :)

APPLAUSE AND PROPS!!!!!!!!! :) agree Elena!!!!!!! With all yas said!!!! I have watched Tom in Murder in the First here on TNT and OMG-we all saw him as a slime ball as Draco- watch him as Erich Blunt!!!! Makes Draco look like a hero LOL

Anyway Emma is my favorite actress and will watch her in all of her projects :) she is someone that I am thrilled to know is a role model for my young 4th grade students :)

well I didnt see anything recently about him or a film he did.

:)

He was amazing in murder in the first, it def showed he can play different types of evil

He was amazing in murder in the first, it def showed he can play different types of evil

this is the first time I see this title, never heard anything about tom since the last HP movie.

It was on TNT (an American cable channel)... I watched it and all I can say is Draco would have gone running to the hills had he met Erich Blunt!!!

Oh yeah pretty much haha Eric was EVIL

But goodness he played it really well.

I think he was worse than voldemort too

Oh MUCH WORSE than Voldemort- he had no soul...Eric did...I was really creeped out by the episodes- it was real as opposed to fantasy ya know?

Yeah it was pretty creepy because there are actual people out there like Eric