The Emma-Watson.net Forum

I want to be an actress

Dear Emma Watson
Ever since I watched The Harry Potter Movies I have wanted to be an actress I was wondering if you new were to start with out going to acting classes.
Some thing about your He For She campaign why at first were women put lower then men.
Please give me your theory.
From Cosette One Of your fans

P.S My brothers keeps calling me Hermione  

Hi Cosette! Emma unfortunately doesn't respond on fan forums, as most celebrities do not. There's thousands of fan sites, she can't possibly keep up with all that. Even if emma-watson.net is very close to her heart and mentioned it's her fave website.

Back to topic.

Do you want to act? Then ACT. Do take acting classes, courses, voice courses and singing lessons, check your film knowledge - it's very important for actors. Check your knowledge about cinematography, theatre, as well as knowing and reading many plays, read about their authors as well. Also, you are probably french, but do check spelling and grammar when writing in english(english will open doors for you). You are probably young, keep pushing, keep focus on what you want and go for it.

Website worth reading: backstage.com(contains an ocean of information), go get it, Hermione!

If you want some documents on acting exercises, and other, you can keep in touch with me and I will send you my collection, in the hopes that what you'll find there will expand your horizon!