The Emma-Watson.net Forum

THE CIRCLE: James Ponsoldt Updates on Emma Watson’s Involvement; Confirms Fall Start

After Smashed, The Spectacular Now and The End of the Tour, I’d be pumped for absolutely anything that James Ponsoldt attached himself to, but The Circle sounds like an especially promising project. It’s an adaptation of the Dave Eggers novel about a recent college graduate who scores a job at The Circle, an especially influential technology company with a jaw-dropping campus that includes cozy dorms, towering glass dining facilities and all-night parties. It seems like the opportunity of a lifetime but, as one might expect, The Circle’s “all that happens must be known†motto raises some serious concerns.

While talking to Ponsoldt about his upcoming release, The End of the Tour, he spoke a bit about the status of The Circle and why Alicia Vikander’s involvement didn’t pan out:

“Like any really great actor, she’s got a million things, as she should, and it just comes down to timing. I mean, we’re still gonna make the movie in the timeframe that we talked about, but with a different actor. I love Alicia, she’s great, but I’m super excited. We’ll be shooting in September and October.â€

When asked if things worked out with Emma Watson, he didn’t 100% confirm that she’s officially on board, but he certainly seems hopeful that it will happen:

“I am a massive, massive fan of Emma. She’s one of my favorite actors. I mean, when we were first talking casting, I didn’t think that it would work out timing-wise because she’s doing Beauty and the Beast, but it sort of re-shifted and when we realized their schedule, we realized that it would be a possibility. I mean, I would get scared anytime I was like, working on a tight schedule where someone’s doing a huge, huge movie like that. My wife and I are actually having a kid later in the fall so it’s a super tight window for a lot of professional reasons and personal reasons, but in this case it looks like it’s gonna work so I’m excited.â€

A baby and a new movie starring Tom Hanks and possibly Emma Watson? Looks like Ponsoldt is going have quite the year.

Emma is in The Circle, starting in the Fall according to director James Ponsoldt...!!!   I hope it works out.  :ohyeah:

Edited by sparkvark111
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem- not confirmed YET ;) no but I really do hope it is confirmed- to work with Tom Hanks (Mr Forrest Gump himself) would be a movie team come true :) I LOVE Tom Hanks- the very first thing I saw him do was Splash :) plus the premise for this movie sounds AWESOME. Really anything Emma has chosen post Potter have been awesome choices, but I feel like the upcoming films are gonna be even better. Emma really is the quiet star of movies :)

I wasn't exactly sure where to put this but here we go- I think paparazzi should be banned from places like airports. I don't understand how they are allowed there- first off they are getting pics of celebrities who are just traveling (really? News?). Second, they get pics of just random people who I am sure do not give permission to post their pics. (maybe they do but who knows). I think it is despicable that our world allows this. Paparazzi are the lowest of the low on this planet. I am bringing this up because of the pics the Turkey papparazzi took of Emma at the airport. I don't understand how with all of the security these days at airports, how these cockroaches are allowed. I really hope Emma laid into airport security. I know I would have! I don't care if paparazzi gets pics of her as she does movie premieres or something else related to her job. I just wish they left her alone. She is someone who clearly doesn't enjoy that kind of publicity and if she did, we would see her every day in pics.

Ironic doing a movie called the Circle about privacy (online privacy). I can't wait to see this movie- I love these types of thrillers/suspense!!!! Tom Hanks is just another wicked cool reason to see this movie :)

Very very good- she is in a role opposite Tom Hanks for one and for another, her character sounds intriguing...reminiscent of The Net character played by Sandra Bullock. Sounds like this will be AWESOME :)

• 1 month later...

I am just eager to see this so badly...to see Tom Hanks play the baddie and Emma playing the one who will I guess try to blow their cover?! So excited to see the roles she is pursuing!!! Go Emma!!! :)

Any Confirm That Emma Watson will be filming along with Tom Hanks in San Francisco, California Next Month?

I haven't seen any confirmation, but I have read that Emma said in an interview during the Regression press junket that she would not be at the premiere next month because she would start filming on The Circle.