The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (a play - 2016)

• 3 months later...

Sooooo it's all about Albus??? I wonder if Albus joins the dark side...my friends and I are in London and Ireland this summer and are currently on the sign up list to buy tix!!! Wish us luck!!!! :) trying for end of July, beg of Aug!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We don't know she won't say a thing :(

I'll talk about it to my best friend, I'd love to make a trip to london to see it!

I'm so sorry I said b*******, I didn't read that the plot was actually officially given!

https://www.pottermore.com/news/cursed-child-eighth-harry-potter-story

They say the plot is :

It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband and father of three school-age children.

While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places.

• 3 weeks later...

So we failed- my friends and I HAD the tix- we were 600th in line online of course and the tix place didn't use iPad compatible so it kicked us off. We got into line again but this time 31,000th in line. We got up to the front, had tix in the basket...then...stupid website stole them from us. We were very distraught and ANGRY. Apparently the website did this to many people.

It sounds like Albus maybe heading towards the dark side? Or he will be like Harry- very mopey and keep to himself. He has a bagillion cousins so it will be interesting to see his interactions with them- Rose starts Hogwarts the same time as him!

Like you Trixie, I will wait.

• 3 weeks later...

Your sentence wasn't stupid. Noma's hair is short now and there isn't time to grow it long enough to be "Hermione" bushy length. If they go with short hair she's all set, but if she goes with long hair it will have to be a wig. I guess we'll have to wait and see which way they go.

Your sentence wasn't stupid. Noma's hair is short now and there isn't time to grow it long enough to be "Hermione" bushy length. If they go with short hair she's all set, but if she goes with long hair it will have to be a wig. I guess we'll have to wait and see which way they go.

My guess is a wig! Without the bushy hair do we have Hermione? It's her trademark in the books pretty much, right?

I'd personally like it better if she had a wig!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have heard a few spoilers concerning the plot line but will keep them to myself without knowing if they were truly accurate or not.  

At any rate, it's exciting news.  Also, do we know when the head shots were taken?  Noma's hair could already be longer, and whether it's a wig or her natural hair, in the most recent pictures of the cast her hair more resembles the bushy style so often attributed to Hermione in the novels. 

I'm interested to see how the personalities translate as adults for Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco and whomever else might be in the play.  I imagine Neville will be in the play too.  Isn't he either a teacher or headmaster?  Got to polish up my HP memories a bit.  I'm not as young as most of you here. lol

I read that a book version of the script will also be released on the opening day of the play.  For the many who will not get to see the play (a la present company included) in London, at least there will be something to assuage our Harry Potter addictions.  

Hopefully the play is well received and makes its way to the U.S..  Not sure if I could afford to see it on Broadway but if it goes off broadway there are a few local theaters I would love to go see it at. Of course that's years in the future if it happens at all. >.<

• 1 month later...

Ok, I read spoilers- I am not sure if it is true or not but I will #keepthesecrets ;) IF, they are true, I don't know how to feel yet but I was intrigued I will say that!!!!!!!! I have pre-ordered my copy already from Amazon :) I wonder if there is Hugo or Lily? I really wish we had gotten our tix when we had the chance! Because based on spoilers, to see it live-WOW....

I haven't been able to find any spoilers 😫😫😫 but I haven't really been looking for them either haha. Loving everything I'm hearing tho from the reviews. Wish I lived there so I could have a chance to see it 😔

• 6 months later...