The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma On Letterman

I loved that, I laughed so hard! I think Letterman was a little harsh on american college students though. *I* would have figured it out, but I'm also an anglophile and I've studied the differences between the two englishes, if that makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...

I loved that, I laughed so hard! I think Letterman was a little harsh on american college students though. *I* would have figured it out, but I'm also an anglophile and I've studied the differences between the two englishes, if that makes sense.

You know I don't think he was too hard, it's true, they see that she's bleeding and asking for something you would have thought she'd want a band aid even if she kept saying "plaster", it's sad it took them about what 5 minutes she said... Shame on them.

You know I don't think he was too hard, it's true, they see that she's bleeding and asking for something you would have thought she'd want a band aid even if she kept saying "plaster", it's sad it took them about what 5 minutes she said... Shame on them.

I don't think she meant a literal 5 minutes. It's one of those things you say to embellish a story to make it better and Dave saw an opportunity to make his little joke. I'm pretty sure Emma wasn't in danger of bleeding out.

I don't think she meant a literal 5 minutes. It's one of those things you say to embellish a story to make it better and Dave saw an opportunity to make his little joke. I'm pretty sure Emma wasn't in danger of bleeding out.

Oh I know that lol, but I do think he was right for the american students taking a bit to pick up on what Emma was actually saying. Knowing what plaster meant or not it doesn't take a genius to see that she wanted a band aid.

Oh I know that lol, but I do think he was right for the american students taking a bit to pick up on what Emma was actually saying. Knowing what plaster meant or not it doesn't take a genius to see that she wanted a band aid.

That's the thing. When she asked for a plaster I'm sure they didn't know what she wanted. But I'm also sure they knew what she needed. Knowing what someone wants and what they need are two different things.

That's the thing. When she asked for a plaster I'm sure they didn't know what she wanted. But I'm also sure they knew what she needed. Knowing what someone wants and what they need are two different things.

Sorry buzzkillington. It was a joke let it go.

Sorry buzzkillington. It was a joke let it go.

Try reading more than one post next time guy. You'll see where I tried to explain that Dave was making a joke. I just couldn't understand those on here that would be up in arms because the American students didn't know what a plaster was. I mean really? Do you think they're going to let Emma bleed to death because they don't know what a plaster is? This is Brown after all. Some of the brightest people in the world go to this school.

I can't believe we're still on this subject when the funniest part of this interview was when she told of loudly asking for rubber. We seem to be missing the forest for the trees.

• 12 years later...