The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Why Isn't Emma Watson living in the United States?

I wonder why isn't Emma Watson living in the United States if she thinks she want to have a better life in the U.S. and start to continue to play in big box office Hollywood movies frequently, it would make easier for her settle down and living in either LA or NY while commute to work in the studios where she can play in Hollywood movies.  

However, unfortunately, she just returned back to England after finished up her bachelor's degree at Brown last year, also, she would have peace and staying with her boyfriend but she isn't with her boyfriend anymore since November, which results in being single right now and she has only focused on her heavy acting career may lead to be successful in the future is the most important in her life, she don't have time for spent time with anyone because she always commuting and traveling for work and business everyday.  After six months from breaking up with her boyfriend, she may realize what she is doing right now but she states that she still continue to focus on her own heavy acting career what she wants but just announced herself as telling the truth about her "horrendous" breaking up experience last month.  Right now, I am not sure what she wants to do right now and still think about next thing to do after wrapped filming, "Beauty and The Beast". I am sure that everyone already know about her planning to come to California for new filming, "The Circle" along with co-star, Tom Hanks and planning to have HeForShe campaign fundraising during Ariana Grande's Concert at Barclays Center  next month.  However, I am not sure if we see her who told that she is looking forward to coming back to the U.S. for new filming and having HeForShe campaign fundraising.  

If she is not happy about something what she is doing right now when not working at this time, why don't she reconsidered as moving back to the U.S. for have a better life that would make her happy?

Like Tom Felton and Daniel Radcliffe already become resident and living in the United States right now.  Emma Watson should be living in the United States right now if she wants to but she is still be around in the United Kingdom where she lived right now, she hadn't been to the U.S. since last April but will she be moving back to the United States next month?

Between filming, family and whatever UN-stuff she might be doing, there probably isn't enough time to settle down and begin to feel "at home" in a new place.

I would probably always regard the places where I grew up and where my family still lives as home if all the other places I stay at are just temporary.

:rolleyes: And while she regularly appears in US-productions, I don't exactly see her running from door to door begging for roles....so maybe she is just fine with the "limited" attention she is getting from the industry ?

Agree with Ashley- she doesn't need to live in the USA to have a successful career. I say the same thing- she probably likes being near her family and friends. Rupert Grint and Matthew Lewis also live in the UK still. Bonnie Wright moved to NY to pursue writing, Dan Radcliffe has always enjoyed NY, and Tom Felton picking LA was interesting. Everyone is different :)

oooh.  I didn't know she was coming to Barclays Center next month!  

Didn't she play field hockey in school?  If I remembers right, but I can't be certain.  :doh:

While I know hockey is quite different from field hockey (yes... my meandering post is actually going somewhere) perhaps Emma will take an interest in the New York Islanders!

Of course she is entitled to cheer for whichever sports teams she likes, or none if she likes, and yet I hope she might take a liking to my favorite hockey team as they move to Brooklyn and start their season this coming October. 

Practice your YES! YES! YES! Chant Emma!  :happydance:    *that's the chant Islander fans used this past season after the team scores a goal -- of course who knows if the chant will survive the move to Brooklyn? :unsure:

Why should I care if Emma becomes a New York Islanders fan some might ask?  Well, she's a great ambassador for so many people globally and having such a prolific fan who exudes so much good will would help bring new Islander fans into the fold I'm sure.  The more the merrier I say!  :ohyeah:

So of course, as always I expect her to do what's best for her, but if she somehow becomes a huge New York Islanders hockey fan, as a fellow Islander fan I profess that  we'd welcome her with :hug: <---- that's supposed to be open arms.... but hey... hugs aren't so bad right?  Who doesn't like a hug? :yesyes: