The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Giving Back to Emma - **PLEASE READ**

Hello Everyone,

I will try to keep this as short as possible in the interest of brevity. With that said, I think it is time for all of us to give a big "thank you" to Emma for having the courage to say what has needed to be said for a long time. It takes guts to stand up in front of the entire world and make a declaration for social change, to say things that make people uncomfortable, and generally take a stand for what you believe in. Since she has done this, there has been a shockwave of support throughout the entire world. Celebrities, who were silent on the subject before, have suddenly come forward echoing Emma's cries for gender equality. The HeForShe movement and what it stands for is resonating in political speeches as well as the current US Democratic debate. Reporters have added the question of gender equality to their staple of questions when conducting interviews with anyone of notoriety. Quite simply, Emma has successfully kicked off a social phenomenon. Where it will ultimately lead won't be known for some time; perhaps not for another three generations. However, I think we can all agree that it is long overdue and a step in the right direction.

With that said, I would like to give her a gift as a thank you. I also think it would be nice if that gift was from all of us. As a long time computer / IT guy, I have several contacts in the computer industry. I can, most likely, get a few companies to pitch in hardware since it will be very positive media attention for them.

Please take a look at this link before I continue: 

http://rog.asus.com/316642014/news/epic-pc-mod-snefs-bloody-angel/

The above example is similar to what I have in mind. With the obvious exception being the theme of the computer; which would be a HeForShe theme, naturally. Top of the line in terms of performance and boasting the colors and emblems of the HeForShe movement. 

Now then, why am I posting here? I know times are economically challenging for most of us, at the moment. So I would like to simply run a poll here as to how many people would be interested in donating $5, $10, or more to making this a reality. Emma's birthday is on tax day; April 15th. So I would ideally like to have it build and ready to present to her then. Please let me know if you would be willing to chip in on this.

Best Wishes,

Ryan

This is beautiful but not wanting to be negative, but on one side it is a bit nosy to ask for donations. On the other, it is an amazing idea, but then again change the logo, make it pink and not red. I would donate actually but Emma doesn't need another computer. She won't like to have it in her home, or make it her heforshe office which would be amazing, but I just don't see her doing this. Let's brainstorm and create something that we emma forum think she would USE in her daily life. PC's are old news, she owns a laptop, and I own a laptop too.

What about USB MEMORIES? Or pins? EVERYBODY WANTS HE4SHE PINS, fanmade coz the logo is ©

I also think you may have good intentions, but I'll be a bit negative as well.

Emma has said in the past she would rather people donate to a charity than give her something.

As far as I know Emma is more of an Apple person and wouldn't have much use for a custom top-end PC.

How do you plan on delivering it to her?

I also think you may have good intentions, but I'll be a bit negative as well.

Emma has said in the past she would rather people donate to a charity than give her something.

As far as I know Emma is more of an Apple person and wouldn't have much use for a custom top-end PC.

How do you plan on delivering it to her?

I agree on that.

It is a thoughtful idea, very kind of you to think of that!

However, because of her wealth, any objects she needs she can get it... I believe she'd prefer a donation to a well-chosen charity, or something personal such as the projects we do on EWN.