The Emma-Watson.net Forum

• 8 months later...

If the gods had wanted us to be vegans, they would have made us cows...but instead they gave us steak ! :P  B)

I'm just asking if there is anyone who is a vegan on here... nothing else.

Edited by Junkie.
  • 2 weeks later...

Answering your question about what I think about vegans and veganism-

I have considered going vegan in the past however, after much reflection, I decided that it's not for me because I don't feel very strongly about it. I'm also not a fan of restricting anything from my diet- I prefer moderation over restriction.

What do I think of vegans? I think that they are often (not all but most) are very passionate about animal welfare and take their food lifestyle extremely seriously/very passionate about it. I think they're very convicted about not eating any animal meat or animal byproducts. I do think that some of them can be somewhat rude, critical and judgemental of others who do eat meat (and consume other types of meat products). For the most part, most assume that people who eat meat are uneducated about the food industry and animal cruelty- which for myself is not the case because I do watch a lot of documentaries, read and educate myself but it's just not a belief system or lifestyle that I want to adopt for myself. I can understand why they would be judgemental of those who eat meat though because they really care about animal welfare.

I don't really personally mind veganism. I think people are entitled to live their life and consume whatever they want. However, I personally like to socialize over food and drinks and prefer having friends who have similar food habits as to mine.

What about yourself? What do you think of vegans or veganism?

Great topic btw. Very interesting to discuss :)

Answering your question about what I think about vegans and veganism-

I have considered going vegan in the past however, after much reflection, I decided that it's not for me because I don't feel very strongly about it. I'm also not a fan of restricting anything from my diet- I prefer moderation over restriction.

What do I think of vegans? I think that they are often (not all but most) are very passionate about animal welfare and take their food lifestyle extremely seriously/very passionate about it. I think they're very convicted about not eating any animal meat or animal byproducts. I do think that some of them can be somewhat rude, critical and judgemental of others who do eat meat (and consume other types of meat products). For the most part, most assume that people who eat meat are uneducated about the food industry and animal cruelty- which for myself is not the case because I do watch a lot of documentaries, read and educate myself but it's just not a belief system or lifestyle that I want to adopt for myself. I can understand why they would be judgemental of those who eat meat though because they really care about animal welfare.

I don't really personally mind veganism. I think people are entitled to live their life and consume whatever they want. However, I personally like to socialize over food and drinks and prefer having friends who have similar food habits as to mine.

What about yourself? What do you think of vegans or veganism?

Great topic btw. Very interesting to discuss :)

I understand the view you are coming from. The majority of meat eaters percieve vegans as very persuasive, judgmental and violent. But I've been in the community for quite some time now and the majority of vegans are actually very friendly, but of course they dislike people that are ignorant towards the problem. I quite look up to some vegans because of the way they think and live their life. But of course I don't mind people that don't agree with me. Personally I am not completely vegan because I am usually too akward to ask the waiter how the food is made and it makes me feel very unfomcortable because I had many bad experiences with waiters who laughed at me because I was asking if there is any milk or eggs in the dish. Which made me step back a bit. But I really don't mind people eating meat and dairy products in front of me. I tolerate everything but if someone starts telling me that I will die sooner and that I am living an unhealthy lifestyle because I don't eat certain foods I stand up for myself every time. People try to make me believe that I have to eat meat. 

I have nothing against meat eaters but OF COURSE I would prefer if they would stop nagging me about my eating habits. 

It is a very intereseting topic, indeed. I opened the topic because I think that we don't talk about this topic enough in today's society.

• 8 months later...