The Emma-Watson.net Forum

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only just caught up with Saturday's episode 'The Doctors Wife' in the last few days as I was away at the weekend. I thought it was brilliant and one of Matt Smith's best yet, this season has been incredible, only three episodes until the season break now.

At least I can fill the gap a bit when I visit the Doctor Who Experience in London on 11th June.

• 2 weeks later...

I just died finding out who River Song is!

His wife... His mother... His wife... OH NO HER DAUGHTER!

OMG my mind just freakin' exploded!

Wait we didn't have a new episode of the Doctor in the colonies week before last. They just aired pt2 of the Doppelganger bit "The Almost People". Did you already see the final episode?

Edited by sirbenedictvs

I just died finding out who River Song is!

His wife... His mother... His wife... OH NO HER DAUGHTER!

Not seen it yet... but Ash worked it out before, he heard that she was going to be called Melody Pond and decided it wasn't a huge leap to River Song. BUT my friends girlfriend has caused an uproar on facebook by announcing it, when everyone else was saying OMG-I can't believe the ending, or didn't see that coming, she put wow dr who so River Song is.....

To be fair she is extremely stupid :P but a lot of her fb friends were not impressed, I wouldn't have been if Ash hadn't already worked it out

OMG my mind just freakin' exploded!

Wait we didn't have a new episode of the Doctor in the colonies week before last. They just aired pt2 of the Doppelganger bit "The Almost People". Did you already see the final episode?

No dude both episodes played?

Not seen it yet... but Ash worked it out before, he heard that she was going to be called Melody Pond and decided it wasn't a huge leap to River Song. BUT my friends girlfriend has caused an uproar on facebook by announcing it, when everyone else was saying OMG-I can't believe the ending, or didn't see that coming, she put wow dr who so River Song is.....

To be fair she is extremely stupid :P but a lot of her fb friends were not impressed, I wouldn't have been if Ash hadn't already worked it out

Haha, Me and my mother were shocked.

^^When did you click then?

We've just caught up with it, thought it was an amazing episode. They did give a few hints at who River was, but I suppose that is easy enough said once we didn't just have a hunch we'd been told that it def was the case :P

^That's old news we spoke about that a few pages back. It was announced before the series started. Half the series now, the other half was said to start Aughust not September? So, I'm not sure... But yeah. I keep seeing the clip on TV with the skellinton hand holding the screwdriver. Very interesting. The trailer before this half started though had loads of clips that hadn't even been seen yet, did you not notice that before now either? :P I can't wait to see the doctor in his clown costume! :D

Umm... I haven't really head up on that :mellow: ... Although I did anticipate the stretched series. It only makes sense since they're finally showing the 3rd season of The Inbetweeners on BBC America. Gawd I've been trying to find those forever!

Personally, I didn't find the reveal particularly shocking - I first guessed the right answer after the girl in the spacesuit episode (episode 2 I think, can't quite remember) but had my doubts due to some of River's behaviour not quite in-keeping:

(Her interaction with Amy and Rory didn't indicate that she knew who they were, which surely she must have done? :S)

But in any case, I still liked the reveal a lot more than other suggestions about River's character.

This season break is far too long :( And British TV series are two short anyway, they're like half the amount of episodes of a lot of US series, for example.

Hurry up, Septemberrrr!

Personally, I didn't find the reveal particularly shocking - I first guessed the right answer after the girl in the spacesuit episode (episode 2 I think, can't quite remember) but had my doubts due to some of River's behaviour not quite in-keeping:

(Her interaction with Amy and Rory didn't indicate that she knew who they were, which surely she must have done? :S)

So she was imprisoned after that incident huh... that explains the whole She's in his future but He's in her past.

Not been on for a while, been very busy in the last few months and off on holiday this weekend, hope to start posting again soon though.

This season has been absolutely brilliant and the mid season finale was fantastic. The reason for the split is because Steven Moffat is working on Sherlock, but the good news is that Doctor Who has been commissioned again for next year, with Matt Smith once again as the Doctor. To fill the gap I have ordered a few of the original series box sets as I have never seen them before.

The weekend before last I went to the Doctor Who Experience in London's Olympia, it was fantastic, much bigger and better than expected, and I highly recommend it to anyone who even has the slightest interest in Doctor Who.

The 'Experience' part is aimed more at kids, but we enjoyed it too, guided by Matt Smith as the Doctor on screens, we stepped through a crack in time into the future, got abducted by Daleks, flew the Tardis and rescued the Doctor. After this there is a massive exhibition of props, costumes and sets that were used for filming, including David Tennant's Tardis. We were in there for a good 3 hours and it was well worth the entrance fee. The only downside was photos, we weren't allowed to use flash so my photos aren't a great quality and they weren't allowed at all in the experience part.

Here are a few selections of my photos but go here if you want to see them all..... http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v297/dazza_stoke/Doctor%20Who%20Experience/?albumview=slideshow

Haven't posted here in a while. O=

Loved the new series, I'm making way too many graphics of it. But it was very enjoyable - and I found that a lot of the acting has improved although I still find Rory to be a bit dull. ]=

Oh well, brilliant overall. I'm watching seasons 1-5 and then re-watching what there is of season 6 until 'Lets Kill Hitler'. =D

-perfect.shivers

Edited by perfect.shivers

Love the photos. Im so jealous, would love to go :)

I think the last series was great, Amy has really grown on me as a companion, my favourite alongside Donna (for some reasoni like the red heads lol) I think Rory helps that though, before he got involved it was looking dangerously like Amy was going to be another standard companion hopelessly Infatuated with the doctor.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Lucky man who doesn't like Doctor Who. D:

The new trailer looks freaking class!

I've got loads of pictures on my laptop from Doctor Who Gallerys. London one and Blackpool and not until now have I thought to post them.

Edited by Hermione
  • 4 weeks later...