The Emma-Watson.net Forum

I'd be very surprised if John Hurt took on the doctor role full time. The way I see it there's one of two possibilities for his character. He's either 1) An incarnation of the Doctor or the 1st Doctor before he chose the name or 2) John Hurt is the representation of the Valyard that's suppose to arise sometime between 12th and 13th incarnations.

I actually don't think John Hurt would make a bad 12th Doctor but I've got a feeling they'll aim for someone younger.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I think apprehensive is how I am feeling, but then I felt the same way with the last change and that worked out OK. I soon grew to like Smith's Doctor.

I would have liked to see Dr. Smith and Clara teamed longer. To me, they were only just starting to work well together. With Amy Pond the chemistry was there from the start.

Bold choice for the new Doctor, I think it's a good one. Peter Capaldi is a good actor and it was time for an older Doctor. I think it will also tie in well with the Valeyard who is suppose arise during this incarnation.

I have to say I don't think Smith's Doctor was bad, but I don't think it was as good as Tennant's because of the writing. The first two series of Smith's era contained really good episodes and pretty bad episodes. There was kind of an imbalance. I thought this last series was really well written and acted (with perhaps one exception).

Honestly I wish Smith would have stayed a little longer, maybe a year or two, but I'm happy with the actor they chose to replace him (I'm a bit annoyed at the standard 3 and done approach).

I think apprehensive is how I am feeling, but then I felt the same way with the last change and that worked out OK. I soon grew to like Smith's Doctor.

I would have liked to see Dr. Smith and Clara teamed longer. To me, they were only just starting to work well together. With Amy Pond the chemistry was there from the start.

I disagree, i think the chemistry between the doctor and Clara was there from the start, the banter was brilliant. But i do agree with another one of your points, i would of liked to have seen more of Matt and Jenna together on screen, they hadn't really been together that long..but it'll be interesting to see Capaldi teamed with her.,

Bold choice for the new Doctor, I think it's a good one. Peter Capaldi is a good actor and it was time for an older Doctor. I think it will also tie in well with the Valeyard who is suppose arise during this incarnation.

I have to say I don't think Smith's Doctor was bad, but I don't think it was as good as Tennant's because of the writing. The first two series of Smith's era contained really good episodes and pretty bad episodes. There was kind of an imbalance. I thought this last series was really well written and acted (with perhaps one exception).

Honestly I wish Smith would have stayed a little longer, maybe a year or two, but I'm happy with the actor they chose to replace him (I'm a bit annoyed at the standard 3 and done approach).

Yeah, i do too. I'm gonna miss Matt :(

I'm kind of stoked to maybe go back to like... less weird sexual tension? I really liked the dynamic of Ten and Donna, so I'd like to see something maybe similar with Twelve and Clara. Just good, friendly friends.

One thing I dislike about Moffat is the way he deals with the companions sometimes. Like with Rose, Martha and Donna they were so... real. Rose talks about not having a future and having to work in a shop forever, but then she really makes something of herself, of her own accord. Martha is always smart and really grows as a person. Donna thinks she's dumb but turns out to be Donna. :P They kind of do these things a bit more independently of the Doctor. They're ordinary, but show that they're extraordinary over the course of time. I feel that less with Amy and Clara. They're not ordinary, from the get go they're these special sort of enigmatic people ("the girl who waited" and "the impossible girl"), and end up in just this mess of Moffat-y Stuff like.. oh, Amy-Rory-River-Melody-What and wtf was going on with Clara in the finale. Their stories revolve more around the Doctor whereas R, M and D felt like they had their own purpose, in my opinion. 

I found the mystery surrounding Clara really interesting though, i think Steven's writing is pretty spot on most of the time. 

Rose is my favourite, she was the first companion i saw on screen, and she's just brilliant and such a good aid to the doctor. I loved her and David Tennant together, can't wait to see them together again in the 50th anniversary special. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's an interesting concept. I think the cinema showings are more to push the 3D aspect since not everyone owns a 3D T.V. I'm actually a little annoyed that everyone keeps pushing 3D, but that's a story for another day. I might catch it at the movies if they show it here, but if I don't I'm perfectly content with watching it at home.

• 2 months later...

So what did everyone think of The Day Of The Doctor??  I absolutely loved it, seen it twice already!

Also, first teaser has been released for the Christmas Special, looks awesome!

What do you think? 

Edited by Emmafan456

Ahdsjkfkdsfkdsklfdsjfkldslfsdlfdsf. 

... That is the only thought I've had so far.

No, but seriously, I LOVED it. I probably spent the majority of the time either screaming at my screen or sobbing. All the Doctors and having Ten back for a bit... yeah. I really enjoyed it. I mean, the plot itself was a bit strange but it could have been a lot worse. Overall I found it to be thoroughly enjoyable.

Edited by ling

Orbiting a quiet backwater planet, the massed forces of the universe’s deadliest species gather, drawn to a mysterious message that echoes out to the stars. And amongst them – the Doctor. Rescuing Clara from a family Christmas dinner, the Time Lord and his best friend must learn what this enigmatic signal means for his own fate and that of the universe.

wooo!!