The Emma-Watson.net Forum

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha inspiration all around now! I'll pain my door like that (more like get an artist in) then paint the inside of my room like inside the tardis!

Dar, I'd pay yoo to do that to my room! =D

The guy from "The Lodger" is going to be in the new season, I didn't know that! And Doctor who is getting an MMO. I'm quite excited about both right nao.

-perfect.shivers

• 2 weeks later...

My failed attempt at a Tardis cake, I know exactly where I went wrong though, with me only deciding to do it a couple of days before his Birthday I didn't have the right icing and I didn't have the right shaped tin so couldn't stack the cake properly. It tasted great though :P and I'll be back here one day with an even better version (one that actually stands up lol)

as I was putting the sides on I realised it was all slipping so got a photo before it completely collapsed.

How it looked once I gave up and just shoved it in the tin :P

Haha, I don't think you're cake had enough volume to make that sort of novalty cake. It looked lovely before hand though. :P (no harshness meant, i'm a baker, hehe :P )

As for this post, I watched the first Doctor Who episode of the last/newer series and it brought back some memories. I do love doctor who. It just made me re think of how he was trying to copy David Tennant though. That's the only bummer with his acting. He can't be unique. :/

The problem was I tried standing 3 long rectangles up rather then stacking squares which wa a my original plan until I saw which tins I had in. I've made novelty cakes before, this one just didn't have the planning go into it which I normally have, I thought I could make up for the thin icing by using marzipan as well, which didn't work out as planned. The icing slipped and the cake wouldn't stand the extra weight as it wasn't stacked right. I know where I went wrong, I knew as I was making it but as I didn't have what I needed I thought I might as well have a pop. Don't worry, no offense was taken I have every confidwnce in my baking skills and you can't beat my secret sponge recipe. :P

As for Matt Smith, I still don't see the resemblance in acting styles, if anything looking at interviews with Matt I'd say his doctor is pretty much himself. I'd say the biggest arguement would be can he act or does he just be himself. I haven't sen any of them in action lately though, so to be fair this is all from memory. :/

Haha-thankyou, I'm very glad you could tell it was him. I do have an idea for my next one....but it may be a bit adventerous, might just stick with this one. Noone complained about the taste :P im actually in a weird way glad it went wrong as now I'm seeing it as a challenge lol.

• 4 weeks later...

I've seen that trailer so many times. I subscribed so I get to know all th juicy stuff when the first one airs late on in the year. I can't wait for the Easter one though!

I hate clowns too, :unsure: but I'm not as bad as my friend, she won't even look at a photo of them. I can watch them on the TV and get a little freaked out, but I can't walk past one IRL.

Just realised we're going to have to record the first one, as my stupid brother is turning 18 and thinks he can have a party on that day :(

I might be able to watch it on the day! I'm so excited.

Can't wait for this series. River Song! We get to find out who she is after series and series! I still say she's his wife and kills the Doctor. I mean come on! She says she kills someone dear to her that's why she was in prison. Spoilers. When she's asked if she's married she says, "Yes." I mean COME ON! :rofl:

But theres another woman in yhis series who looks like she migjt be his wife....they have hinted she is though, I mean I thought they'd said she was until I read your post and thought back. To be honest I'm past the point of caring who she is, they've over done it for me.

4 days, woooo. I was hoping that it premiered in the UK 2 weeks before it did in the US (it did for the last series) so I can watch it on the interwebs. I cannot wait the extra 2 weeks for the newest episode to get on BBC America.

Edited by sirbenedictvs

Has everyone heard about Elisabeth Sladen who played Sarah Jane Smith, she died :( I'm in shock, found out earlier today but couldn't find any details, but my boyfriend has just heard it was cancer. She was only 63

Has everyone heard about Elisabeth Sladen who played Sarah Jane Smith, she died :( I'm in shock, found out earlier today but couldn't find any details, but my boyfriend has just heard it was cancer. She was only 63

Yes, I read that on the Doctor-Who-facebook yesterday. :( Very unexpected. I suppose with cancer, age doesn't really matter. Still, it seems so short after she appeared in David Tennant's last episode.