The Emma-Watson.net Forum

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay here's me sussing episode 2 out, sorry for double post...

The episode was called 'The Impossible Astronaut' right? Go back a few series to David Tennant and Billie Piper. Series 2 there was an episode call 'The Impossible Planet.'

Now in the trailer for part 2. Amy and a few others had writing on their face JUST LIKE that episode before. Simularity with the titles don't you think? I wonder if the devil comes back or something, or whether it's simular to that episode at all!

I have always been a dipper inner outter (technical term) of Doctor Who. I always really enjoy it but I lead such an unstructured life that I always lose track, so I'm going to be asking for all the DVDs for my birthday.

Anyway, on topic...

I watched the first episode of the new series and thought it was great. However, those creature things have really given me the willies; they were actually in my nightmare last night!

Do we think Amy really killed the little girl?

Not a bad start however I'm starting to see more and more the brilliance of Russell T. Davies writing over Steven Moffat's. I feel as if Davies first 4 seasons were a lot more well written and tied in way better overall, where as Moffat leaves a lot of things open ended and takes awhile to tie them in, which I don't really care for. As Hermione stated the first episode was a bit confusing (not beyond understanding) but I just feel like it could have been done better.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still a Whovian and I think the 6th season is off to a generally good start, but it's leaving me with more to be desired.

I actually think that Steven Moffatt is a better writer but I think Russell T Davies style is more suited to Doctor Who, that's not a criticism as I like them both. Even before Moffatt took over full time, the few episodes he wrote were always darker, more complicated and thought provoking, 'Blink' being the perfect example.

I think it's been a great start and I am looking forward to the rest of the series.

This one was okay, but I didn't really like it. For the start off double episode it wasn't that good. The whole time you're just like "okay right." and "i don't get it." Then you think it will be explained in the end and it's not. So, yeah, rubbish for me. But yes it did leave the questions they were saying on Doctor Who Confidentual. I just hope it gets better. The next episode looks rubbish and cheesy to. ): Where has good old Doctor Who gone. ):

True that the first episode of the season was a bit hard to follow to a certain extent... but I was able to tie in the plot together not too long after that. Episode 2 definitely cleared up any confusion for me. Quite honestly I do like Moffatt's style, especially with plot undertones hinted here and there. These undertones are slowly developed into major elements in the series plot; it's a bit riveting for me and keeps me tuning in...

^It didn't clear up anything for me. xD

As for last nights episode! It was great! I loved all of it! I really like The Black Spot myth idea they put into it!

^It didn't clear up anything for me. xD

As for last nights episode! It was great! I loved all of it! I really like The Black Spot myth idea they put into it!

:rofl: Didn't you say it was going to be rubbish and cheesy? Yeah I thought so too to a certain extent. I figured if it was anything like the vampire episode last series I knew it was going to turn up well.

I'm really enjoying this series, watching the pirate episode again right now with my little boy.

A lot of things were cleared up in the second one, but more questions were opened too, like who is the little girl, there were hints that she could be the doctor and Amy's daughter, however, I don't think thats the case.

:rofl: Didn't you say it was going to be rubbish and cheesy? Yeah I thought so too to a certain extent. I figured if it was anything like the vampire episode last series I knew it was going to turn up well.

Oh no the vampire one wasn't too good in the last series. and yeah it was cheesy but not rubbish. I mean they used an ugly chav girl to sway the injured men in i was like, mhm. But the story line I loved. :ohyeah:

Oh no the vampire one wasn't too good in the last series. and yeah it was cheesy but not rubbish. I mean they used an ugly chav girl to sway the injured men in i was like, mhm. But the story line I loved. :ohyeah:

Ugly?? :lostit: I think Lily Cole is gorgeous! Even when she's green, maybe not so much when she turned red :P.

But a lot of things are confusing and some of it is kinda scary. I had a pillow in front of my face when I watched the second episode :P

Ugly?? :lostit: I think Lily Cole is gorgeous! Even when she's green, maybe not so much when she turned red :P.

But a lot of things are confusing and some of it is kinda scary. I had a pillow in front of my face when I watched the second episode :P

Oh no, I can't stand her. >.<