The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The pair, both 28, got engaged last month in Kenya. William proposed with his mother's engagement ring, an oval sapphire surrounded by diamonds. ``It's very special to me. As Kate's very special to me now, it was right to put the two together,'' the prince told the press.

William is second in line to the British throne after Charles; Kate and William's first child would move ahead of his younger brother Prince Harry to become third in line to the throne.

What do you think their wedding will be like? As big and expensive as Princess Diana's?

Didn't want to comment but i felt the need to say, that its not exactly newsworthy news lol.

The taxpayers will be paying for this wedding no doubt, with the amount of police and security they will need. Makes me frustrated.

I am from London so this news is so exciting for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can tell you that everyone is going nuts over here. Its all anyone is talking about. Especially the media!!

On a side note, the ring is absolutely STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's about time, it certainly took them long enough.

These two are very likely going to be our future King and Queen consort one day so this wedding is going to be absolutely massive. Personally I don't really care too much either way about the Royal family but I do think it is wrong that it is likely going to be paid for by us taxpayers when there are so many other important issues in the country right now, the Royal family should pay for the wedding themselves. Aside from that, good luck to them.

Overall though I think it will have a positive effect on the country. The main industry where I live is pottery and the local pottery firms have already gone into production on commemorative plates and figures, our local newspaper has even hinted it may even create jobs, which can only be a good thing.

Hopefully we will even get a national holiday out of it.

That does suck for the taxpayers. Kinda like when they had the funeral/memorial for Michael Jackson and the taxpayers had to foot the bill for that and California was already deeply in the hole financially even before the whole Jackson thing. It was just pouring good money after bad.

The news is hardly registering over here. I saw a blurb about it on one of the 24 hour news stations the other day but the sound was turned down. The Deathly Hallows is bigger news over here. Heck, Emma might as well be royalty as much as us Americans are infatuated with her.

^bet you any money if this day is a monday, i will still have to go to work lol.

Wont benefit me in anyway, therefore, i dont care lol.

You live in England? You should. The whole of the UK gets it off. It's the public Holiday. Then again you have a job. In a shop?? Shops will stay open. Schools, Clleges, Uni's etc. are closed. >.< Mines a uni too, never thought i'd see the day when i'd get a day off from uni!

Didn't want to comment but i felt the need to say, that its not exactly newsworthy news lol.

The taxpayers will be paying for this wedding no doubt, with the amount of police and security they will need. Makes me frustrated.

yeah, i know there's a lot of debate in england over that.

That being said, I don't really care about the wedding that much. I mean, it's nice and all, and the ring WAS gorgeous, yes, but it made a huge headline on CNN when there are so many more newsworthy things to report, such as the hunger in the U.S. in at the highest level ever in 15 years.

I guess it'll be interesting to see how Kate Middleton does as a queen eventually though, and would like to see pics of the wedding xD I love sparkly things and dresses haha.

You live in England? You should. The whole of the UK gets it off. It's the public Holiday. Then again you have a job. In a shop?? Shops will stay open. Schools, Clleges, Uni's etc. are closed. >.< Mines a uni too, never thought i'd see the day when i'd get a day off from uni!

I am from England too, and luckily, my workplace always closes down on public holidays, but your right, most shops will be open as they are on most bank holidays so it sadly doesn't really make a difference to those who work in them.

I think that the wedding will be on a Saturday, with the public holiday coming the following Monday.

I guess it'll be interesting to see how Kate Middleton does as a queen eventually though

I think Kate will be fine when she becomes a Princess / Queen consort, she always looks very composed, confident and handles herself well in public. I'm not one for Royals but I like her.

oh yeah i do live in England, but i never get bank holidays off because i work part time in a supermarket. Unless the day is any other day apart from monday and sunday ill have a day off. I am sure my uni will close.

I am from England too, and luckily, my workplace always closes down on public holidays, but your right, most shops will be open as they are on most bank holidays so it sadly doesn't really make a difference to those who work in them.

I think that the wedding will be on a Saturday, with the public holiday coming the following Monday.

I think Kate will be fine when she becomes a Princess / Queen consort, she always looks very composed, confident and handles herself well in public. I'm not one for Royals but I like her.

Yeah, it seems like she's got a good head on her shoulders. I think mostly people are excited to have someone new come into the monarchy, and Kate Middleton is known for her fashion sense and she's also very smart. I think her and Prince William will make a good couple and I have faith their relationship will last. It would suck if it turned into another Diana/Charles situation, in all honesty I don't think it will. I think that William is a much better person than his father, and although Kate and Diana seem similar, she and William had the chance to live together before they got married and Diana and Charles didn't. That probably made a difference. I wish them the best, it must be so hard to come into a royal family.

You pretty much summed up my thoughts to perfection. :king:

Ohh! You're most likely going to be right.

While the Royal family are disliked by some, they only cost the average taxpayer 62p each. Not too bad I think, since they are part of our national heritage. The money they cost is also slightly negated by the amount of tourism they bring in, I mean if you stand outside Buckingham Palace it's full with people from all over the world.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of them, but I'd rather have them than not have them. The wedding day will be at least vaguely interesting.

While the Royal family are disliked by some, they only cost the average taxpayer 62p each. Not too bad I think, since they are part of our national heritage. The money they cost is also slightly negated by the amount of tourism they bring in, I mean if you stand outside Buckingham Palace it's full with people from all over the world.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of them, but I'd rather have them than not have them. The wedding day will be at least vaguely interesting.

oh no im not on about how much it costs each person seperately, that doesnt bother me but how much will it cost all together?

a lot.

And where could they plow that money? oh the public sector since Cameron has cut funding in most public sectors including the NHS and Police. When they are happy to spend millions on a wedding that most of the english don't really care about. Yeah the wedding will bring in tourism which of course gives our economy a bit of a boost. But it just seems like they dont care about the people who keep this country going but are more than happy to waste the money on the ruling classes.

to me, it is just a waste of time and money especially since the royal family have enough money as it is. You would think they would fork out the money to run the entire thing.

While the Royal family are disliked by some, they only cost the average taxpayer 62p each.

62p x the millions of taxpayers in the country is a lot of money, which could be better spent elsewhere at a time where the country needs every penny.

Granted they bring tourism, and the wedding will boost the economy, but I think they can be kept with less expense to the country.

You would think they would fork out the money to run the entire thing.

This is something I definitely agree with, in general I don't really have anything against the Royal family and have no problem with the wedding, I wish them all the best, but they should be paying for it themselves, not part of it, but all of it.

62p x the millions of taxpayers in the country is a lot of money, which could be better spent elsewhere at a time where the country needs every penny.

Granted they bring tourism, and the wedding will boost the economy, but I think they can be kept with less expense to the country.

This is something I definitely agree with, in general I don't really have anything against the Royal family and have no problem with the wedding, I wish them all the best, but they should be paying for it themselves, not part of it, but all of it.

I am glad im not the only one who thinks this.

they definitly need to fork out the entire amount of expenses and not just part of it like they normally do.

Can't remember but was Diana's funeral forked out by tax payers? I know the royal family originally didn't want anything to do with it because Diana wasn't a royal, so she was given a state funeral. Which means we paid for that too. But seeing as i don't know for sure i wont use that against the royals lol

I think I heard on the news that the royal family will pay for some of the wedding. It's a start at least, but I think they should pay for it all.

Although I still think they're an important part of this country.

Edited by yorkshire

^sort of important yes, ill agree with you on that one because of how they draw in tourists. But most of the time they arent even at buckingham palace lol

they may be paying part of it but they should be paying for all of it. end of.