7 replies to this topic

#1 Untiltheveryend

Untiltheveryend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:54 PM

OK maybe I'm a little too obsessed but I wanted to make a topic about the Harry Potter objects that all you PotterHeads have. I personally have to many to count but on my door by itself, I have two photos from the WB studio in London, 3 wands, (elder, Harry's and Voldemort's) the green screen of me on a broom at WB, my Hogwarts letter, a snitch, a photo gallery, Hogwarts crest, 2 RIP Letters to Alan rickman and John Hurt, and fan art. I know.. And that's just my door..!! So comment if you can be bothered and say what stuff you have!! (I know I'm lame haha!)
"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

#2 Thessalie

Thessalie

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 04 February 2017 - 02:31 PM

I try not to go crazy over the HP objects because I don't want too many dusty objects in my flat, and it's very expensive. Since I love HP too much I anyway have wands, some keyholders, a magnet, and mugs (mostly). No need to say the books.

I just "braged" about it, but I don't feel too comfortable to just lay down my possessions because it's so expensive that not everyone can offer, or be gifted with that. I didn't write it all in detail.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself. 

Desiderata

Max Ehrmann

#3 dookdookdook

dookdookdook

Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:19 PM

I'm not really into collectible things. I do have the books, plus the Beetle the Bard book. I have the Ultimate Edition Blu rays, plus various other copies of the movies I bought before the UEs were available. I think the only collectible sort of things I have is a huge "making of" book (can't remember the name and it's packed away at the moment) and some special HP issues of magazines.

#4 Untiltheveryend

Untiltheveryend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 11 February 2017 - 12:37 AM

My door gets more more HP things every day :)
"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

#5 Untiltheveryend

Untiltheveryend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:13 AM

I try not to go crazy over the HP objects because I don't want too many dusty objects in my flat, and it's very expensive. Since I love HP too much I anyway have wands, some keyholders, a magnet, and mugs (mostly). No need to say the books.
I just "braged" about it, but I don't feel too comfortable to just lay down my possessions because it's so expensive that not everyone can offer, or be gifted with that. I didn't write it all in detail.

Sorry, but what point are you trying to make here? Were you trying to get across that I am bragging? Sorry if I am ;(

#6 Ashley

Ashley

Extreme Poster

• Water
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,951 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:03 PM

I have wayyyy too much to list since I've been collecting since before the movies were even thought of.
But my favorites are my wands, Ron life size cut out, books in various editions, and other special books about the books in detail or books about the film making. And my various editions of the DVDs.

#7 Thessalie

Thessalie

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:29 AM

Sorry, but what point are you trying to make here? Were you trying to get across that I am bragging? Sorry if I am ;(

I'm not saying you are bragging, I'm just cautious because many people just don't have the money to have it all. It can be hurtful to see pics/read descriptions of things you dream of but can't have! 

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself. 

Desiderata

Max Ehrmann

#8 MircaleNye

MircaleNye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWellington, New Zealand

Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:44 PM

I have a box with all the houses and the colours and crests on it