The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Designers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I´ve always loved Chanel, so Karl Lagerfeld of course.

But I think one of the greatest designers was Alexander McQueen. Such a genious. He was innovated, and every colections was amazing. He always raised the bar

the chanel spring summer collection is very gaga i noticed

^I noticed that as well and it really upset me! I think that Karl Lagerfeld is take Chanel a little to far. We are losing a lot of that classic Chanel. Where are the suits? The black dresses? The jersey knits??

lol this thread makes me realize how behind I am in terms of designers :(

not a great fan of the collection from what is posted here.I always had a classy image of Channel especially since Keira was/is their face

i luv Vivienne Westwood,especially the Anglomania collection

Edited by mrr_madeline

^I noticed that as well and it really upset me! I think that Karl Lagerfeld is take Chanel a little to far. We are losing a lot of that classic Chanel. Where are the suits? The black dresses? The jersey knits??

Chanel always maintains this key outfits in the collections. It´s tricky because the designers have to stay hip and modern, but with the signature look of the brand. I thing Lagerfeld has done just that. Maybe this collections is a little risqué, but it keeps the chanel look.

Chanel always maintains this key outfits in the collections. It´s tricky because the designers have to stay hip and modern, but with the signature look of the brand. I thing Lagerfeld has done just that. Maybe this collections is a little risqué, but it keeps the chanel look.

We will just have to agree to disagree lol :P. I have never really liked Lagerfeld's designs, but again that is just me. I much prefer vintage Chanel to the newer lines. I also disgree and think that many of the newer lines lose that classic Chanel look. However, I am probably the minority and I know people love Lagerfeld and what he has brought to the table. I guess you can just call me old school :P