The Emma-Watson.net Forum

What did you all think bout the American Accents?

I kind of expected Emma to be better at it since she is in america for uni.

but.... Rupert and Tom are at a tie for me.

very cute. :)

loved when tom yelled booyah after the bieber stantment. made me alugh so hrd

http://www.examiner.com/political-transcripts-in-national/boo-yah-harry-potter-cast-trips-over-glenn-beck-on-american-talk-video

Tom was really good. I heard he was practicing American accents, though? Not too sure, though.

I laughed SO HARD when I saw this. :lol: My favorite bit was the "order of mozarella sticks" line. :rofl: Stereotypical. lol.

Is it just me, or when British people try to imitate American accents do they sound Southern? I noticed, on occasion, that when they drop the long vowels from their voice, there is this twang that resonates.

I now don't feel so bad trying to imitate the British accent. Although, my sister can do one SPOT ON. I haven't a clue how she does it. :huh:

I think that's just the perception of people not from here -- they equate a southern/hick accent as sounding American. The same goes for actors here in America. If they're asked to play someone in flyover country they always have the generic southern/hick accent not realizing that someone from Georgia sounds different than someone from Louisiana sounds different from someone from Kentucky sounds different than someone from Alabama sounds different from someone from Oklahoma sounds different from someone from Tennessee and so on.

• 3 weeks later...

So funny ... I love when Tom said "The hell are these places, resturants?" haha

I can say my friend from London has a horrible "american accent." he sounds like a cross between a valley girl and southern gentalmen. It's pretty funny to listen too. BTW he says my english accent is spot on! :) Boo ya!

Tom seriously cracks me up "Justin Beiber is the man! *small pause* Boo-Yah!" My favorite though was the:

Tom: What language do you speak?

Interviewer: American

Tom: Oh I thought you spoke English

Interviewer: No American, the freedom language

lol!

Is it just me, or when British people try to imitate American accents do they sound Southern?

YES! What is what that? Only 1/4 of the country actually talks like that so what the heck man lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
:rofl: OMG that was freakin hysterical- loved the Twilight blows LOL!!! Poor Emma is trying to pronounce her R's at the end of words-that must be hard to do when you are not used to it. Emma sounds pretty good for an American :) Yes it does sound like valley girl because she is trying so hard to concentrate on the exact pronuciation... Rupert ROCKED-loved his accent...have to say Tom was my favorite and his comments LOL
  • 2 weeks later...