The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Perfectly Cast Harry Potter Actors

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Title explains it all, really. Who do you think was perfectly (and not so perfectly) cast in the Harry Potter movies? You can choose more than one.

I think the main (and most of the) characters were pretty spot on, the trio, both Dumbledores, Draco and his father, Snape etc.

In my opinion James wasn't what I imagined, mainly in that flashback in OOTP, it annoyed me at how little he reminds me of James and how much he didn't look like Harry. In the first movie, he's better.

From what I've seen of Narcissa (watching DH today so I'll be able to judge better) but I think she was cast well, minus the hair :P

Sirius <3 he's my favourite character and I love everything about him in the movies too, but he had way too little screen time.

Tonks, she's awesome. Especially in OOTP when her true personality showed.

Helena did a really good job at being a crazy psycho Bellatrix.

Luna is great. As JK Rowling said, "about whom there is only one possible thing to say: perfect."

What do you think? Argh, lots of writing :blush: Sorry.

Ron and Bellatrix, to me they were cast perfectly, whereas everyone else although are great I think someone else could have done a good job as well. If I had to pick one out of the two I would say Bellatrix the most, she is amazing

I voted for Snape however, I don't know that I'd call it perfect casting as much as acting. I've been a fan of Rickman since Die Hard. I know that the Potter series is supposedly full of great actors but sometimes I feel that label is bestowed on people who have acted for a long time regardless of ability.

I know that this may be heresy to some of you but I believe Alan Rickman does the best acting job in this series and it's not even close.

• 2 weeks later...

As mentioned above Richard Harris. He was Dumbledore he really was. Exactly as i've imagined him when reading the books.

Also the twins and McGonagall.

Now, all the actors performed really great and we've now combined them with the actual characters but i can't say it's how i've imagined them in the books.

For instance Sirius. Gary Oldman is amazing, but Sirius was nothing like that. Same with Snape. Alan is more like, cool. Same with Dan.

And don't get me started on Ginny.

As mentioned above Richard Harris. He was Dumbledore he really was. Exactly as i've imagined him when reading the books.

Also the twins and McGonagall.

Now, all the actors performed really great and we've now combined them with the actual characters but i can't say it's how i've imagined them in the books.

For instance Sirius. Gary Oldman is amazing, but Sirius was nothing like that. Same with Snape. Alan is more like, cool. Same with Dan.

And don't get me started on Ginny.

The first Dumbledore was DEFINATLEY how I pictures him when reading the book.

Everyone but Nacrissa and Dumbledore#2. Them two couldn't and still can't really act.

I preffered the 1st Dumbledore. He acted and looked the part. The new one was to jokey.

Michael Gambon is an incredible actor. He was just given an impossible task. Richard Harris in just two movies created the iconic view of Dumbledore. Gambon knew he couldn't copy it exactly, so he played Dumbledore as he saw him. He's done a very good job, just different.

For me, the best embodiment of the character(s) are Fred and George. The Phelps brothers are brilliant. Second place for me would go to Alan Rickman.

One name that I felt should be on the list was Maggie Smith as professor McGonagall. She was spot on.

Edited by jayhawk

I think Michael Gambon's Dumbledore is rather different from the one in the book. Richard Harris was considerably closer to my mental image. Snape is great, even though I had pictured him quite differently as well. Off the top of my head, I'd say McGonagall might be the character that, for me, differs least between books and films.

• 2 weeks later...

i love them all to be honest.

but bellatrix, snape and draco are just amazing.

i think bonnie wright isnt that perfect as ginny. cause she was describes like REally pretty in the books.. and i dont find bonnie that pretty. shes only average to me.

i love them all to be honest.

but bellatrix, snape and draco are just amazing.

i think bonnie wright isnt that perfect as ginny. cause she was describes like REally pretty in the books.. and i dont find bonnie that pretty. shes only average to me.

See, I think Bonnie's stunning, but in a totally different way to how I imagined Ginny. I suppose the problem with young actors growing up alongside their characters is that the producers can never envisage how an actor might grow up. Matt Lewis, for example, has changed so considerably they have to geek him up for the role. Emma Watson was always too cute to play Hermione, but even then it was hard to predict just how beautiful she would become.

Obviously it's the acting that's important in this question and not looks, but I'm always intrigued by how influenced I and others are by looks when judging an actor's interpretation of a character. I love Rupert as Ron, for instance, but he's nothing like the Ron I picture in my head. As much as I would like every character that appeared onscreen to look like they jumped straight out of my imagination, I know that's impossible and as long as they can play the part as written, I (within reason) don't really give a damn what the actor looks like.

(I'd just like to point out that I'm not accusing any of the posters inthis thread of being judgemental, more ranting to myself for my own understanding :P)