The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Perfectly Cast Harry Potter Actors

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for Ron, but I think the casting directors did an amazing job finding so many great actors and actresses to match the characters in the book.

Snape,Hermione, Bellatrix,Luna etc.. all of them are perfectly cast as well

Richard Harris as Dumbledore, never really liked Gambon in that role. Maybe because I see him as all that other cool characters he plays.

But it's really hard to say now after 10 years. Because everyone has grown in their characters. But I never liked Daniel Radcliffe's acting and I can't say I liked Emma Watson in the beginning either. But Alan Rickman has always been amazing. And Fiennes and Gary Oldman. And of course James and Oliver Phelps. They did a great job.

See, I think Bonnie's stunning, but in a totally different way to how I imagined Ginny. I suppose the problem with young actors growing up alongside their characters is that the producers can never envisage how an actor might grow up. Matt Lewis, for example, has changed so considerably they have to geek him up for the role. Emma Watson was always too cute to play Hermione, but even then it was hard to predict just how beautiful she would become.

Obviously it's the acting that's important in this question and not looks, but I'm always intrigued by how influenced I and others are by looks when judging an actor's interpretation of a character. I love Rupert as Ron, for instance, but he's nothing like the Ron I picture in my head. As much as I would like every character that appeared onscreen to look like they jumped straight out of my imagination, I know that's impossible and as long as they can play the part as written, I (within reason) don't really give a damn what the actor looks like.

(I'd just like to point out that I'm not accusing any of the posters inthis thread of being judgemental, more ranting to myself for my own understanding :P)

um yea,

i just don't see Bonnie as Ginny.

readin the books i got the picture in my head that ginny is prettier than hermione. but in the movies its the other way around.

Edited by yes

Interesting topic!

I think everyone was well cast except Dumbledore #2, Hermione (still love you Emma!), Sirius (AWFUL!), Lupin, Ginny, and Olympe Maxime. Can't come up with anyone else actually.

The BEST ones are definitely Hagrid and Snape, just on the spot perfect :ohyeah:

Edited by Mrs Duck

^(yes) but isn't the idea about Hermione in the books to be quite ordinary and not that beautiful that Emma is?

Yes, Emma does a great job and she plays Hermione really well, but she's just too beautiful... :blush: Always thought so and still do unfortunately.

Nobody's mentioned the Dursleys! I hate we haven't seen them enough in the films, I love them. Especially Vernon and Petunia. :D

First off, I think Emma has done a great job with Hermione,

Fred and George were also great and hilarious,

Bellatrix is amazing, Helena fits perfectly,

Micheal Gambon does an excellent job as Dumbledore,

And Sirius was great too.

And I forgot to vote for Snape... Alan Rickman is great

• 2 weeks later...