The Emma-Watson.net Forum

English Premiere League

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been some very interesting results this weekend, Birmingham beating Chelsea, and Tottenham coming from 2-0 to beat Arsenal 3-2, oh how I was laughing watching that game, if there is one person I can't be doing with in football it is Arsene Wenger Whinger.

I am very happy though of course because my beloved Stoke City won again, another three points for the Mighty Potters after beating West Brom 3-0 away from home.

The leauge is so tight this season, all teams can beat anyone as results are proving. I have never known the league to be this tight in November before.

I know aye, Chelsea still in shock after 3-0 lost last week, and Arsenal forgot the important rule of football "it's not over till the last whistle".

Arsene Wnger is one of the best managers i've ever known in the history football, but sometimes he gets cocky, and underestimated Tottenham, but i have to give it to Tottenham lads, they played good football.

Congrats on winning an away game mate, Manchester won 2-0 as well at home making us equal with Chelsea on goal differences.

Yeah, cus anything can happened in football, that's why i love football hahaha

Which are your favourite teams?

I liked Chelsea for a while, because Ballack played there. :P But since the last EL season I like Fulham more. Despite the fact that they managed somehow to beat my team in the EL semi final. Their goalie is cool, Mark Schwarzer.

yeah Mark Schwarzer is the guardian of Aussie's goal hahaha.. He's too old tho, he might be retired soon enough. I cant wait for the next three weeks. It's United vs Arsenal, and this week Stoke vs Man City, big game for Dazza hahaha

yeah Mark Schwarzer is the guardian of Aussie's goal hahaha.. He's too old tho, he might be retired soon enough. I cant wait for the next three weeks. It's United vs Arsenal, and this week Stoke vs Man City, big game for Dazza hahaha

haha, he looked old when the germans scored 4 goals at the World Cup. :P But I think he was helpless against most of them. Defence didn't work well. haha good luck.

Dont get me started on our defenses, it was the worst defending in football. Dunno why, but they wont run, or chased the ball, all they do was standing around and call the offside which didnt happened lol..

Dont get me started on our defenses, it was the worst defending in football. Dunno why, but they wont run, or chased the ball, all they do was standing around and call the offside which didnt happened lol..

lol yeah, I remember. I recorded that match. :P

I liked Chelsea for a while, because Ballack played there. :P But since the last EL season I like Fulham more. Despite the fact that they managed somehow to beat my team in the EL semi final. Their goalie is cool, Mark Schwarzer.

Not many German players in the Premier League now which is why you should like Stoke because of Robert Huth :P

Fulham have a good set of fans and I like going to Craven Cottage, a good old fashioned ground with a decent atmosphere.

Mark Schwarzer is a fantastic goalkeeper and I have picked him many times in my fantasty team, although this season I have opted for Joe Hart.

and this week Stoke vs Man City, big game for Dazza hahaha

I can't wait for this, the way we are playing at the moment I am confident that we can get the win and we are at home, we always feel we can beat anyone at home. But Man City have some great players so we know it will be a tough match.

Not many German players in the Premier League now which is why you should like Stoke because of Robert Huth :P

Fulham have a good set of fans and I like going to Craven Cottage, a good old fashioned ground with a decent atmosphere.

Mark Schwarzer is a fantastic goalkeeper and I have picked him many times in my fantasty team, although this season I have opted for Joe Hart.

haha, or West Ham, they have Thomas Hitzlsperger. :P

Craven Cottage looks really nice. We only have really modern stadiums (accept the lower leagues of course).

I wonder if any games will be affected by the snow, probably not in the Premier League but certainly lower down.

It hasn't hit Stoke yet but there is a chance we may get some before the match. I hope so, I love matches when it snows. Our best home performance came in the snow last season when we beat Fulham 3-2. A freezing Stoke-on-Trent is the last place the pampered Man City players will want to be... it will be a tough game so I will take anything that gives us the edge.

good luck to Stoke, City's a tough team, especially when Tevez is in his top form. Im disappointed at Fergie for not signin Tevez for another season... but good luck to Stoke

Got a question for you guys. I don't watch soccer and am not a fan so I'm completely ignorant to this.

What is soccer coverage like over there in England?

Here our entire Saturday is spent with football coverage and football games on TV. Sunday is spent with pro football games and coverage. Then you've got Monday Night Football with all it's coverage etc. Our coverage consists of analysis before the game and analysis after the game. Film breakdown by the commentators. Breakdown and analysis of plays and players and the decisions made by the players and the coaches etc. It becomes quite in depth which we all enjoy.

^I'll let Dazza explained that to u, since i dont live in England, even tho if i go to pubs they're always playing it, only the weekend tho. NFL is on every morning here, from Friday night till Monday night, but it's on the morning

Update on EPL

Man United 7-1 Blackburn

Stoke City 1-1 Man City

Aston VIlla 2-4 Arsenal

Bolton 2-2 Blackppol

Everton 1-4 West Brom

Fulham 1-1 Birmingham

West Ham 3-1 Wigan

Wolves 3-2 Sunderland

Got a question for you guys. I don't watch soccer and am not a fan so I'm completely ignorant to this.

Here our entire Saturday is spent with football coverage and football games on TV. Sunday is spent with pro football games and coverage. Then you've got Monday Night Football with all it's coverage etc. Our coverage consists of analysis before the game and analysis after the game. Film breakdown by the commentators. Breakdown and analysis of plays and players and the decisions made by the players and the coaches etc. It becomes quite in depth which we all enjoy.

It's not too far from how you say American football is covered actually.

Media coverage of football (soccer) is absolutely massive here, it's worth hundreds of millions of pounds for the TV rights alone. There are channels dedicated to football and a lot of the big clubs have their own satelite channels.

On a Saturday, which is the main day here for football, there is a live game at 12.45pm and 5.25pm, sandwiched between these, the rest of the untelevised games kick off at 3pm, with highlight shows throughout the evening, all of these come with analysis from well known pundits. We also have Monday Night Football.

On a Sunday there can be up to three live games in one day. On occassions, league games can also be played on a midweek evening one or two of which are televised. There are also English cup competitions as well as cup competitions with other clubs from around Europe, all the European games are televised.

As well as this, we also get live Spanish football on a Sunday evening, live German football on a Friday evening and highlight shows of the Italian league.

Man United 7-1 Blackburn

Stoke City 1-1 Man City

Aston VIlla 2-4 Arsenal

Bolton 2-2 Blackppol

Everton 1-4 West Brom

Fulham 1-1 Birmingham

West Ham 3-1 Wigan

Wolves 3-2 Sunderland

A close 7-1 :P Guessing your happy then?

A draw is a good result for us but I am so dissapointed we didn't win the game, we were fantastic and outplayed Man City in the first half. I know we equalised in the last minute but a draw was the least we deserved.

Well there actually is some coverage in the US. I was able to watch football (soccer). But of course American Football is dominating.

Yes, there is some coverage over here but for the most part it's just a televised game. What I'm wondering is do they break down the game film on TV? Draw up the plays and explain what the players were doing on a particular play and why it worked. Do they go over player head-to-head match ups? Do they talk game strategy and get really really in depth? Do they get into statistics and have a stat for just about every situation?

Because over here the arm chair coach actually knows a lot and understands a lot about American Football. The guy sitting in his living room knows a lot about the Xs and Os and at least has a rudimentary knowledge of blocking schemes and stunting and coverage packages as well as offensive packages etc. Our commentators get pretty in depth when breaking down game footage or when breaking down the keys to a game. But it's also like that here for basketball and to a lesser extent baseball.

A close 7-1 :P Guessing your happy then?

A draw is a good result for us but I am so dissapointed we didn't win the game, we were fantastic and outplayed Man City in the first half. I know we equalised in the last minute but a draw was the least we deserved.

Mate, im happy with a 1-0, as long as we win the game, the score is the least of my concern lol.. draw is alrite, but losing.. well there will always another games hahaha.. have to be positive everytime..

I'd love to see Stoke play in Champs league, cus they're strong team.

Well there actually is some coverage in the US. I was able to watch football (soccer). But of course American Football is dominating.

Yes, Premier League is live most weeks in the US too, there are quite a lot of US based Stoke fans as well as other clubs. There is even a 'Stoke City Bar' in New York somewhere, if ever I go to New York it is somewhere I must visit.

Coverage of the MLS is growing here too, especially of LA Galaxy because of David Beckham, although we don't get live games yet. Stoke City have an official affiliation with Austin Axtex, their owner is a Stoke born businessman and is also a Director at Stoke.

Yes, there is some coverage over here but for the most part it's just a televised game. What I'm wondering is do they break down the game film on TV? Draw up the plays and explain what the players were doing on a particular play and why it worked. Do they go over player head-to-head match ups? Do they talk game strategy and get really really in depth? Do they get into statistics and have a stat for just about every situation?

Because over here the arm chair coach actually knows a lot and understands a lot about American Football. The guy sitting in his living room knows a lot about the Xs and Os and at least has a rudimentary knowledge of blocking schemes and stunting and coverage packages as well as offensive packages etc. Our commentators get pretty in depth when breaking down game footage or when breaking down the keys to a game. But it's also like that here for basketball and to a lesser extent baseball.

Yeah, games get broken down and analysed over and over by the commentators and pundits. Commentators do their research beforehand so they are always reeling off statistics while pundits are ex players and managers themselves so they are quite knowledgeable about tactics and how the game works, they talk about it at depth. Fans are quite knowledgeable too and after most games there are live phone in's on TV and radio for fans to give their own opinions and analysis for the pundits to respond too. Coverage of football is very very in depth.

I'd love to see Stoke play in Champs league, cus they're strong team.

I'm just taking it one step at a time, a few years ago just playing in the Premier League was a dream for me, so who knows :P