The Emma-Watson.net Forum

English Premiere League

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha omg how sad. Arsenal had a 4:0 lead in the first half. 45 minutes later the score was 4:4 against Newcastle.

Nice one by Huth, scoring 2 goals in the last minutes to secure Stokes victory.

If I was Wenger, I would be spitting feathers !

A much needed win for Stoke !

Edited by Emmas Friend

It was all about goals in the Premier League today....

Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal

Everton 5-3 Blackpool

Wigan 4-3 Blackburn

Man City 3-0 West Brom

Tottenham 2-1 Bolton

Stoke 3-2 Sunderland

Aston Villa 2-2 Fulham

Stoke beat Sunderland in what was near gale force conditions, we gave away some scrappy goals but managed to pull the game back in our favour, John Carew got his first goal for the club and I was very impressed by him, no one can get the ball off him and for someone who is 6"5 he can move! He will fit in very well here.

Nice one by Huth, scoring 2 goals in the last minutes to secure Stokes victory.

He's now our joint leading scorer... 7 goals now this season (the highest by a defender in the PL)! I told you leaving him out was the reason Germany didn't win the World Cup :P

He's on his way to becoming a legend here, a fans favourite and my choice for our player of the season so far.

If I was Wenger, I would be spitting feathers !

A much needed win for Stoke !

haha yes indeed. :P

He's now our joint leading scorer... 7 goals now this season (the highest by a defender in the PL)! I told you leaving him out was the reason Germany didn't win the World Cup :P

He's on his way to becoming a legend here, a fans favourite and my choice for our player of the season so far.

Thats awesome. hahah I start to believe that as well. :P Too bad Low doesn't use him. Would like to see him return in the national team.

The Berlin Wall, aye? :P

Liverpool beat Chelsea 1-0 today, it wasn't a great game and Torres played like he was worth 50p, never mind £50m!

Chelsea missed a good chance to catch up after Man Utd lost yesterday, now Liverpool are only 6 points off a Champions League spot, have they turned the corner?

The Berlin Wall, aye? :P

I believe they call him that, yes.

Only this one won't fall ;)

Liverpool beat Chelsea 1-0 today, it wasn't a great game and Torres played like he was worth 50p, never mind £50m!

Chelsea missed a good chance to catch up after Man Utd lost yesterday, now Liverpool are only 6 points off a Champions League spot, have they turned the corner?

I believe they call him that, yes.

Only this one won't fall ;)

As I said, Torres isn't worth 50 million. We'll see.

Haha, for sure.

Chelsea to me seem in need of a good overhaul.

I think your right..

I think they need younger players, of the team that started against Liverpool today, Terry, Cole, Lampard, Drogba and Anelka are all in their 30's, Fernando Torres at 26 was one of the babies of the team, in fact only Mikel was under 25. They must have by far the oldest squad in the Premier League and for me they are going stale and in need of freshening up.

I think your right..

I think they need younger players, of the team that started against Liverpool today, Terry, Cole, Lampard, Drogba and Anelka are all in their 30's, Fernando Torres at 26 was one of the babies of the team, in fact only Mikel was under 25. They must have by far the oldest squad in the Premier League and for me they are going stale and in need of freshening up.

I would like to blame John Terry, I don't think i can...but i would LIKE to. He's a tit.

Man Utd beaten by Wolves. It's not a good look. :(

I think a scum Man U defeat is a victory for the rest of football... :lol:

Except when it's against W*lves! (our old Staffordshire derby rivals :P )

Don't let any other Stoke fans catch me saying this but I don't mind Man Utd that much anymore, my opinion of them has grown and since we have been in the Premier League they are the only big team that has shown us any respect, there are certain individuals I can't stand but compared to Chelsea and especially Arsenal they are angels! I was hoping Tottenham might challenge for the title but out of the likely contenders, I would much rather Man Utd win it. Plus they gave us the legend Ryan Shawcross!

Chelsea's match against Liverpool wasn't particularly interesting, but wow, the Liverpool defence was like a brick wall. At the beginning of the season, people were worried about Liverpool's back four, but if they can continue playing the way they did against Chelsea, then I don't think we have a problem. It's amazing how much players have improved under Dalglish than under Hodgson. At the beginning of the season, Lucas, Skrtl, and Johnson were just terrible. Now, they're playing much better and players like Kelly and Meireles are utilized more effectively.

Being a Liverpool fan, I actually don't hate Man U, like I'm supposed. I'm not actually from Liverpool, so I guess all that regional rivalry doesn't really apply to me. I mean yes, they do beat us, but so do other clubs. Meh...

Plus, I'd rather Man U win the title than either City or Chelsea, as those clubs are virtually trying to buy their trophies.

Liverpool did manage to keep Chelsea from scoring, but I still think they need some better defenders.

Carragher leads by example, but he can't go on forever, they need to find another Hypia.

I agree Man City are trying to buy the title, but I don't think they are good enough.

I think the Title is Man Utd's to lose :0_0:

Liverpool may have kept a clean sheet against Chelsea but I think that is a case of how poor Chelsea were more than anything else, it was a good performance by the Liverpool defence though but it's definitely an area they need to strengthen.

Carraghers best days are behind him, and while Agger and Skrtl are decent enough on their day, I think Liverpool can do better.... I wouldn't want to swap any of them for Huth or Shawcross in the Stoke team.

Martin Kelly is looking a very decent prospect though, I have been very impressed with his porformances recently and thought he was very unlucky not to be included in the England squad for the Denmark game tomorrow.

A very bad weekend for Stoke, the less said about our performance at Birmingham the better, although Birmingham were lucky to get the win too, a terrible game of football and £37 of my hard earned money i'll never see again!

Lot's of rumours that David Moyes is on his way out at Everton, one of the longest serving managers in the game.

It was the FA Cup again this weekend and Stoke beat Brighton 3-0, I was expecting a tougher game but it was a very comfortable win for us.

Here is the draw for the quarter finals...

Stoke v West Ham or Burnley

Man City or Aston Villa v Everton or Reading

Birmingham v Fulham or Bolton

Man United v Leyton Orient or Arsenal

The draw has been very kind for us again, we have been handed another home tie against West Ham or Burnley and I am quite confident that we can progress to the semi finals for the first time in my lifetime.

I thought Crawley were unlucky :(

Looks like there will will be only one so called big team in the semis.

Have you read in the papers that they are thinking of changing the format of the Cup. Seeding the big clubs, Games to be played midweek, no replays. :o

Leyton Orient have held Arsenal to a draw too but Arsenal will surely win the replay at the Emirates.

Have you read in the papers that they are thinking of changing the format of the Cup. Seeding the big clubs, Games to be played midweek, no replays. :o

Doesn't surprise me, just because the poor big clubs are getting knocked out, the FA don't want a Stoke v Bolton FA Cup Final.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And so the Mighty Potters reach the Semi Final of the FA Cup for the first time since 1972, and what a draw we have been handed with Bolton, no one can blame me of being condident of reaching the final for the first time in our history to play either Man Utd or Man City.

I don't agree with the semi finals being at Wembley but I am going to make sure that I enjoy every moment, holidays and hotels have already been booked, just need the tickets now, nothing is going to keep me away. And because Man Utd and Man City will almost certainly qualify for the Champions Leaugue, if we beat Bolton we will be playing in the Europa League next season. To say I am excited is an understatement!

This is like a dream for me, I have been a season ticket holder for 11 years, that first season we also went to Wembley (the old Wembley) in the AutoWindscreen Sheild, a small competiton only for teams of the bottom two divsions, we won that day, but it shows what a long way we have come, it's been an incredible journey that just keeps getting better and better. BRING IT ON!!!!

And so the Mighty Potters reach the Semi Final of the FA Cup for the first time since 1972, and what a draw we have been handed with Bolton, no one can blame me of being condident of reaching the final for the first time in our history to play either Man Utd or Man City.

I don't agree with the semi finals being at Wembley but I am going to make sure that I enjoy every moment, holidays and hotels have already been booked, just need the tickets now, nothing is going to keep me away. And because Man Utd and Man City will almost certainly qualify for the Champions Leaugue, if we beat Bolton we will be playing in the Europa League next season. To say I am excited is an understatement!

This is like a dream for me, I have been a season ticket holder for 11 years, that first season we also went to Wembley (the old Wembley) in the AutoWindscreen Sheild, a small competiton only for teams of the bottom two divsions, we won that day, but it shows what a long way we have come, it's been an incredible journey that just keeps getting better and better. BRING IT ON!!!!

Yeah man! Good luck to you and Stoke. Hope you'll make it into the final. :D Huth will do it for you. :P

Edited by I am Not Purple

Yeah man! Good luck to you and Stoke. Hope you'll make it into the final. :D Huth will do it for you. :P

I hope so, he is our leading goalscorer now :P

I don't know if that says more about him, or our strikers!