#21 The Dude

The Dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Locationthe dirty souf

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:41 AM

Yes, there is some coverage over here but for the most part it's just a televised game. What I'm wondering is do they break down the game film on TV? Draw up the plays and explain what the players were doing on a particular play and why it worked. Do they go over player head-to-head match ups? Do they talk game strategy and get really really in depth? Do they get into statistics and have a stat for just about every situation?

Because over here the arm chair coach actually knows a lot and understands a lot about American Football. The guy sitting in his living room knows a lot about the Xs and Os and at least has a rudimentary knowledge of blocking schemes and stunting and coverage packages as well as offensive packages etc. Our commentators get pretty in depth when breaking down game footage or when breaking down the keys to a game. But it's also like that here for basketball and to a lesser extent baseball.

#22 Slash

Slash

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts
  • Mood::Rock n Roll
  • LocationIn Chat

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:37 AM

A close 7-1 :P Guessing your happy then?

A draw is a good result for us but I am so dissapointed we didn't win the game, we were fantastic and outplayed Man City in the first half. I know we equalised in the last minute but a draw was the least we deserved.

Mate, im happy with a 1-0, as long as we win the game, the score is the least of my concern lol.. draw is alrite, but losing.. well there will always another games hahaha.. have to be positive everytime..

I'd love to see Stoke play in Champs league, cus they're strong team.
Take Me Down to the Paradise City Iii|; )

Posted ImagePosted Image
the beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the beauty of her face, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart - the place where love resides

Twins: Arie <3.Children: Denisse and Tom Sister:Alex, Kim, Karen.
Niece: Amby Brother: Chandler, P.Jon is my grandad.Dina is the amazing kouhai.

#23 LostInTransition

LostInTransition

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • LocationNewcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, UK

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:54 PM

Well there actually is some coverage in the US. I was able to watch football (soccer). But of course American Football is dominating.

Yes, Premier League is live most weeks in the US too, there are quite a lot of US based Stoke fans as well as other clubs. There is even a 'Stoke City Bar' in New York somewhere, if ever I go to New York it is somewhere I must visit.

Coverage of the MLS is growing here too, especially of LA Galaxy because of David Beckham, although we don't get live games yet. Stoke City have an official affiliation with Austin Axtex, their owner is a Stoke born businessman and is also a Director at Stoke.

Yes, there is some coverage over here but for the most part it's just a televised game. What I'm wondering is do they break down the game film on TV? Draw up the plays and explain what the players were doing on a particular play and why it worked. Do they go over player head-to-head match ups? Do they talk game strategy and get really really in depth? Do they get into statistics and have a stat for just about every situation?

Because over here the arm chair coach actually knows a lot and understands a lot about American Football. The guy sitting in his living room knows a lot about the Xs and Os and at least has a rudimentary knowledge of blocking schemes and stunting and coverage packages as well as offensive packages etc. Our commentators get pretty in depth when breaking down game footage or when breaking down the keys to a game. But it's also like that here for basketball and to a lesser extent baseball.

Yeah, games get broken down and analysed over and over by the commentators and pundits. Commentators do their research beforehand so they are always reeling off statistics while pundits are ex players and managers themselves so they are quite knowledgeable about tactics and how the game works, they talk about it at depth. Fans are quite knowledgeable too and after most games there are live phone in's on TV and radio for fans to give their own opinions and analysis for the pundits to respond too. Coverage of football is very very in depth.

I'd love to see Stoke play in Champs league, cus they're strong team.

I'm just taking it one step at a time, a few years ago just playing in the Premier League was a dream for me, so who knows :P

#24 The Dude

The Dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Locationthe dirty souf

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:31 PM

Yeah dazza, I forgot to mention call in shows. Sports talk radio is very big here.

#25 Slash

Slash

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts
  • LocationIn Chat

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:28 AM

Man United's on the top by two points clear of Chelsea, who draw 1-1 with Newcastle.
Liverpool lost to Tottenham 2-1, thx to Aaron Lennon

Posted ImagePosted Image
the beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the beauty of her face, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart - the place where love resides

#26 yorkshire

yorkshire

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:13 AM

It's not the premier league per se, but Leeds are playing Arsenal away in the FA cup. Hopefully we can pull off another performance like last years at old trafford.

#27 Slash

Slash

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts
  • LocationIn Chat

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:22 PM

good luck, with Arsenal's current form, it'd be easy for Leeds.. but good luck

Posted ImagePosted Image

#28 LostInTransition

LostInTransition

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:05 PM

It's not the premier league per se, but Leeds are playing Arsenal away in the FA cup. Hopefully we can pull off another performance like last years at old trafford.

Good luck, I hope that you absolutely hammer them.

We have got Cardiff at home, should be an interesting game. We had quite a rivalry going with them a few years back.

#29 Slash

Slash

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts
  • LocationIn Chat

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:48 AM

this update isnt Premiere League related but worth mentioning as it's El Classico match.. Barcelona 5-0 Real Madrid

Brilliant football by Barca

Posted ImagePosted Image

#30 LostInTransition

LostInTransition

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:07 AM

this update isnt Premiere League related but worth mentioning as it's El Classico match.. Barcelona 5-0 Real Madrid

Brilliant football by Barca

It's an amazing scoreline, you wouldn't believe that it came just a few months after they lost at home to Hercules!

#31 Slash

Slash

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts
  • LocationIn Chat

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:20 AM

Ye one thing about Barca, they moved on and train harder than any team.

Remember last season Champs league, they cant beat Jose's Inter, but they smashed Jose's Madrid with ease

Posted ImagePosted Image

#32 I am Not Purple

I am Not Purple

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts
  • Mood::meh
  • LocationThe Pale Blue Dot

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:26 AM

I couldn't believe when I saw the scoreline..5:0 wth? lol

Yin-Yang_klein.gif I'm Yang, Dina is Yin

Aunt: Arie

#33 Slash

Slash

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts
  • LocationIn Chat

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:32 AM

yea its a match between top team and third division team lol

Posted ImagePosted Image

#34 diabolus

diabolus

Novice Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Mood::moody
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:47 AM

Well, how should I start... Ok there was always a strong connection between Liverpool and Dresden, since the 70's. So when you were born here, raised up with the club, you were automatically a Liverpool fan... I know this sounds strange, but you have to admit that the situation in Liverpool is a shame no matter what you are supporting! My team was strong in the 70's and 80's and now we are 3th league so I know where this whole thing could end. I hope for the scousers that they solve their problems and may be (in ten years :rolleyes:  ) we are facing each other again and bring back the glory!

PS: Last weekend... West Ham  :rolleye:

Posted Image

#35 LostInTransition

LostInTransition

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:26 AM

Lots of fixtures have been postponed today due to the snow up and down the country, though only Blackpool v Man Utd has been called off in the Premier League so far.

I will be leaving to see Stoke away to Wigan soon, I hope the match goes ahead and we can continue our good run of form.

#36 Slash

Slash

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts
  • LocationIn Chat

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:51 AM

yea i just heard the news as well.. it sucks, but oh well we got one extra game then lol.. i just hope Gunners and Blues draw or lose hahaha.. Good luck to Stoke tho, and i want to see Man City win, cus i love how Tevez plays hahaha..

Posted ImagePosted Image

#37 Slash

Slash

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts
  • LocationIn Chat

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:21 AM

YEAH BOII CHELSEA DREW 1-1 lol, Arsenal won but lol...

Posted ImagePosted Image

#38 LostInTransition

LostInTransition

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:40 AM

The Mighty Potters drew 2-2 away at Wigan. I'm happy with a point but it's a game we should have won, two stupid goals given away from very uncharacteristic defending by us.

Still, we are unbeaten in five games now and up to 7th so I am happy.

#39 Slash

Slash

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts
  • LocationIn Chat

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:24 AM

yeah i heard... Stoke's a pretty good team, we have to be careful not to underestimate you when we met later on

Posted ImagePosted Image

#40 LostInTransition

LostInTransition

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:35 AM

yeah i heard... Stoke's a pretty good team, we have to be careful not to underestimate you when we met later on

I don't think you will have a problem, especially at Old Trafford. The only teams we have really struggled against since promotion have been Man Utd and Chelsea, the rest have found us difficult to break down, but you never know in football... just look at West Brom's result so there is hope, but i'm not confident.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users