Slash

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts
  • Mood::Rock n Roll
  • LocationIn Chat

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:40 PM

you have to be positive, after all it's football, as long as Chelsea or Liverpool didnt beat us im happy... my closest friends goes for the two teams, imagine if United lost to them... they'll give me something i wont forget lol..

update on the latest fixture

West Brom 3-1 Newcastle
Sunderland 1-0 West Ham
Take Me Down to the Paradise City Iii|; )

Posted ImagePosted Image
the beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the beauty of her face, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart - the place where love resides

Twins: Arie <3.Children: Denisse and Tom Sister:Alex, Kim, Karen.
Niece: Amby Brother: Chandler, P.Jon is my grandad.Dina is the amazing kouhai.

#42 LostInTransition

LostInTransition

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • LocationNewcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, UK

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:06 PM

you have to be positive, after all it's football, as long as Chelsea or Liverpool didnt beat us im happy... my closest friends goes for the two teams, imagine if United lost to them... they'll give me something i wont forget lol..

I'm always positive but lets just say that come that day I won't be putting a bet on Stoke, which incidentally, I did yesterday :ph34r:

The majority of my friends are also Stoke fans so I don't really have that problem thankfully, but years ago when I was in college (it was in Manchester so I was the only Stoke fan) we played Liverpool in the cup and lost 8-0 (how times have changed!) and my tutor who was a Liverpool fan had a box of After Eight Mints waiting on my desk when I came in the next day..... :ph34r:

#43 I am Not Purple

I am Not Purple

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts
  • Mood::meh
  • LocationThe Pale Blue Dot

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:19 PM

I'm always positive but lets just say that come that day I won't be putting a bet on Stoke, which incidentally, I did yesterday :ph34r:

The majority of my friends are also Stoke fans so I don't really have that problem thankfully, but years ago when I was in college (it was in Manchester so I was the only Stoke fan) we played Liverpool in the cup and lost 8-0 (how times have changed!) and my tutor who was a Liverpool fan had a box of After Eight Mints waiting on my desk when I came in the next day..... :ph34r:

Oh no, had to eat an entire box of After Eight? Thats tough. :P

Yin-Yang_klein.gif I'm Yang, Dina is Yin

Aunt: Arie

#44 LostInTransition

LostInTransition

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:03 AM

Oh no, had to eat an entire box of After Eight? Thats tough. :P

It was terrible, I had every last one, you can never understand the suffering I went through :P

#45 LostInTransition

LostInTransition

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:59 PM

Todays results....

Aston Villa 2 West Brom 1
Everton 0 Wigan 0
Fulham 0 Sunderland 0
Stoke 0 Blackpool 1
West Ham 1 Man City 3
Newcastle 3 Liverpool 1

Things are getting worse for Liverpool and the less said about Stoke's diabolical performance the better, it's the worst I have seen us play in over four years, Blackpool fully deserved the win.

#46 Slash

Slash

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts
  • LocationIn Chat

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:34 PM

thx for the update Dazz man, sorry for Stoke, i didnt see the game but unlucky man.. as for Liverpool, cant say anythin lol

they been goin up and down in their performance.. i cant wait for our game against Arsenal... it's going to be good lol

Posted ImagePosted Image
the beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the beauty of her face, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart - the place where love resides

#47 LostInTransition

LostInTransition

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:02 PM

We weren't unlucky, just rubbish... lol :P

Thankfully Stoke performances like that are few and far between, although we have an extremely tough game this weekend away to Arsenal.

More results today....

Bolton 2-1 Blackburn
Wolves 1-0 Birmingham
Tottenham 1-1 Chelsea

I watched Bolton v Blackburn, it was a decent game but I think Blackburn were unlucky and Chelsea still can't win... they haven't won in the Premier League since 10th November!

#48 Slash

Slash

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts
  • LocationIn Chat

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:53 AM

which im glad lol... Chelsea's like our biggest rival at the moment so i always hoping that they'd lose or draw on every games lol

but i cant wait for United vs Arsenal lol

Posted ImagePosted Image

#49 LostInTransition

LostInTransition

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:54 AM

I hope that you absolutely hammer Arsenal tonight, partly because I can't be doing with Arsene Wenger and partly so you will really knock their confidence ahead of us playing them on Saturday. :P

It should be a great game tonight, not sure whether I will watch it or not yet.

#50 Slash

Slash

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts
  • LocationIn Chat

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:33 AM

1-0 is all we needed to be on top of the ladder lol... hate it that Rooney miss the penalty tho lol

Posted ImagePosted Image

#51 LostInTransition

LostInTransition

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:19 PM

^^^ Rooney must have thought he was back in South Africa for the moment. I think the penalty was a little lucky though, don't think there was much Clichy could have done about it. Good win for Man Utd.

#52 LostInTransition

LostInTransition

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 12:46 PM

Heavy snow has hit the country today and games everywhereare being postponed including Stoke's game away at Arsenal, I need to find something else to do with my afternoon now...

At this time, only two games in the Premier League are going ahead... Sunderland v Bolton, Blackburn v West Ham. I can't remember a weekend like it before.

Postponed fixtures: (so far)

Premier League
Arsenal v Stoke
Birmingham v Newcastle
Liverpool v Fulham
Wigan v Aston Villa

Championship
Cardiff v Burnley
Portsmouth v Scunthorpe
Watford v Preston

League One
Brentford v Huddersfield
Brighton v Notts County
Bristol Rovers v Colchester
Dagenham v Peterborough
Hartlepool v Charlton
Leyton Orient v Plymouth
MK Dons v Oldham
Rochdale v Bournemouth
Swindon v Tranmere
Walsall v Southampton
Yeovil v Carlisle

League Two
Accrington v Burton Albion
Aldershot v Lincoln City
Bury v Stevenage
Cheltenham v Stockport
Crewe v Bradford
Hereford v Macclesfield
Northampton v Morecambe
Oxford Utd v Shrewsbury
Port Vale v Barnet
Southend v Wycombe

SPL
Aberdeen v Motherwell
Celtic v Hamilton
Rangers v St Mirren
St Johnstone v Dundee Utd

#53 yorkshire

yorkshire

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:17 PM

Well, this weekend has been a good one so far. Leeds win 2-0 to QPR, putting us in promotion place. Although I don't think Leeds have a chance of getting back to the premiership next year, it would be incredible.

#54 Slash

Slash

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts
  • LocationIn Chat

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:33 PM

^nothing is impossible mate, anything can happen if u believe, and well done for Leeds

i think Man United v Chelsea is also postponed, well more time to train and to rest hahaha

@Dazza, good luck to Stoke, but Arsenal wouldnt be so hard, cus they're mental is down after 1-0 lost last week hahaha

Posted ImagePosted Image

#55 LostInTransition

LostInTransition

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:51 AM

There are no Premier League games on Sunday now, Chelsea v Man Utd, Blackpool v Tottenham and West Brom v Wolves are all off.

Arsenal v Stoke was all set to go ahead, but they apparently received three inches of snow in just 30 minutes and the game was called off at midday, most of the Stoke fans were already in or not far from London, had it not been for my op, I would have been with them so at least I was saved a wasted day.

There is a video on the Arsenal website showing how bad it is... http://www.arsenal.c...chive/lee-mason

For a bald bloke, Lee Mason has one hell of a dandruff problem.... :P

#56 Slash

Slash

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts
  • LocationIn Chat

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:22 PM

i am back lol

yea i saw a video of the Emirates, that was bad, i wonder how u play in that condition, i played in the rain, but never in snow lol
Lucky for u Dazz, i'd b so pissed off if i get a last minute announcement like that hahaha

Posted ImagePosted Image

#57 LostInTransition

LostInTransition

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:15 PM

I've played in snow myself plenty of times, and rain, I love it.. now hail, that's a different story!

10 or maybe even 5 years ago that game would have been played, I remember once when we played Norwich away, it snowed really bad but the game was on, we won and coming out of the stadium at the end the Stoke & Norwich fans were throwing snowballs at each other, all light hearted fun.

The problem these days is health and safety, football clubs and councils are too worried about being sued if somebody slips over outside.

#58 Emmas Friend

Emmas Friend

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,174 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:21 PM

Just wondering how many managers will/could be sacked in the New Year.

Will Villa get rid of Houllier ?

Can McCarthy keep his job at Wolves ?
E-sister - Madeline

#59 Slash

Slash

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts
  • LocationIn Chat

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:48 PM

the question is, will Chelsea keep Carlo Ancelotti after 3-1 lost to the Gunners on the weekend

and the season has just getting started now, with Spurs kept on winning, and Chelsea is losing its form. The best season of EPL imo, anyone can beat anyone.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#60 LostInTransition

LostInTransition

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:56 PM

I think Roy Hodgson is most at risk at losing his job at the moment, I think it's only a matter of time.

It's good to be back, i've been offline for the past week or so as our router was bust, but I am back now. Stoke have had a mixed time while I have been gone, beating Blackburn and Everton but losing at home to Fulham.

Tonight we face a very tough task when we play Man Utd at Old Trafford, we have been playing better away from home recently so I hope we can cause an upset, I would be delighted with a draw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users