The Emma-Watson.net Forum

English Premiere League

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heavy snow has hit the country today and games everywhereare being postponed including Stoke's game away at Arsenal, I need to find something else to do with my afternoon now...

At this time, only two games in the Premier League are going ahead... Sunderland v Bolton, Blackburn v West Ham. I can't remember a weekend like it before.

Postponed fixtures: (so far)

Premier League

Arsenal v Stoke

Birmingham v Newcastle

Liverpool v Fulham

Wigan v Aston Villa

Championship

Cardiff v Burnley

Portsmouth v Scunthorpe

Watford v Preston

League One

Brentford v Huddersfield

Brighton v Notts County

Bristol Rovers v Colchester

Dagenham v Peterborough

Hartlepool v Charlton

Leyton Orient v Plymouth

MK Dons v Oldham

Rochdale v Bournemouth

Swindon v Tranmere

Walsall v Southampton

Yeovil v Carlisle

League Two

Accrington v Burton Albion

Aldershot v Lincoln City

Bury v Stevenage

Cheltenham v Stockport

Crewe v Bradford

Hereford v Macclesfield

Northampton v Morecambe

Oxford Utd v Shrewsbury

Port Vale v Barnet

Southend v Wycombe

SPL

Aberdeen v Motherwell

Celtic v Hamilton

Rangers v St Mirren

St Johnstone v Dundee Utd

^nothing is impossible mate, anything can happen if u believe, and well done for Leeds

i think Man United v Chelsea is also postponed, well more time to train and to rest hahaha

@Dazza, good luck to Stoke, but Arsenal wouldnt be so hard, cus they're mental is down after 1-0 lost last week hahaha

There are no Premier League games on Sunday now, Chelsea v Man Utd, Blackpool v Tottenham and West Brom v Wolves are all off.

Arsenal v Stoke was all set to go ahead, but they apparently received three inches of snow in just 30 minutes and the game was called off at midday, most of the Stoke fans were already in or not far from London, had it not been for my op, I would have been with them so at least I was saved a wasted day.

There is a video on the Arsenal website showing how bad it is... http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/lee-mason

For a bald bloke, Lee Mason has one hell of a dandruff problem.... :P

i am back lol

yea i saw a video of the Emirates, that was bad, i wonder how u play in that condition, i played in the rain, but never in snow lol

Lucky for u Dazz, i'd b so pissed off if i get a last minute announcement like that hahaha

I've played in snow myself plenty of times, and rain, I love it.. now hail, that's a different story!

10 or maybe even 5 years ago that game would have been played, I remember once when we played Norwich away, it snowed really bad but the game was on, we won and coming out of the stadium at the end the Stoke & Norwich fans were throwing snowballs at each other, all light hearted fun.

The problem these days is health and safety, football clubs and councils are too worried about being sued if somebody slips over outside.

the question is, will Chelsea keep Carlo Ancelotti after 3-1 lost to the Gunners on the weekend

and the season has just getting started now, with Spurs kept on winning, and Chelsea is losing its form. The best season of EPL imo, anyone can beat anyone.

I think Roy Hodgson is most at risk at losing his job at the moment, I think it's only a matter of time.

It's good to be back, i've been offline for the past week or so as our router was bust, but I am back now. Stoke have had a mixed time while I have been gone, beating Blackburn and Everton but losing at home to Fulham.

Tonight we face a very tough task when we play Man Utd at Old Trafford, we have been playing better away from home recently so I hope we can cause an upset, I would be delighted with a draw.

I think Roy Hodgson is most at risk at losing his job at the moment, I think it's only a matter of time.

It's good to be back, i've been offline for the past week or so as our router was bust, but I am back now. Stoke have had a mixed time while I have been gone, beating Blackburn and Everton but losing at home to Fulham.

Tonight we face a very tough task when we play Man Utd at Old Trafford, we have been playing better away from home recently so I hope we can cause an upset, I would be delighted with a draw.

Well, I'd love to see you come back from Old Trafford with something. !Never forget 3/1/10, Manchester United 0-1 Leeds United :) )

he's sacked from Liverpool, and i got to give it to Stoke City on our last game... they played good football, and now i know why they've been winning, they have good teamwork and lot of hearts.. FA Cup tonight: Manchester United vs Liverpool... Chelsea's out of the title race i reckon after 1-0 lost against Wolves..

Well, Leeds had a valiant attempt at Arsenal. Would have won if Theo Walcott hadn't dived! But at least he was honest about it when he owned up to up. It will be interesting to see how Arsenal cope at a packed out Elland road, the atmosphere in that place is just electric. Then again, Leeds just crumble when under pressure of their own fans when they play big games, so who knows.

A lot of people have accused the FA Cup of losing it's magic in recent years but I think it's got some of that back this weekend, there have been some great results... Stevenage beating Newcastle, Notts County beating Sunderland, Burton Albion beating Middlesbrough and Leeds coming very close to beating Arsenal.

I've just watched Man Utd 1 - 0 Liverpool, it was a good game but I thought Liverpool were a little unlucky, a blatant dive by Berbatov for the penalty.

Stoke drew 1-1 with Cardiff yesterday, it's a game we dominated and should have won, we were guilty of missing so many chances (13 shots to Cardiff's 3). Cardiff will be a tough place to go for the replay, but we are a better team so should have enough to win.

Here is the draw for the fourth round....

Torquay v Crawley or Derby

Watford v Brighton

Bolton v Wigan

Arsenal or Leeds v Huddersfield

Fulham v Tottenham

Everton v Chelsea or Ipswich

Southampton v Man Utd

Swansea v Leyton Orient

Burnley v Burton Albion

Birmingham v Coventry

Doncaster or Wolves v Stoke or Cardiff

Notts County v Leicester or Man City

Stevenage v Reading

Aston Villa v Blackburn

West Ham v Nottm Forest

Sheff Wed v Wycombe or Hereford

We were simply awful yesterday, one of the worst performances of the season and Fulham deserved to win by more, the only player who can hold his head up is our goalkeeper Asmir Begovic who made some good saves.

Teams getting the better of us doesn't happen very often, but Fulham have outplayed us twice this season.

It was back to the FA Cup again this weekend and Stoke beat Wolves 1-0 earlier today, I was only able to listen to the game on the radio so I can't comment much on the performance, but the important thing is that we are through...

Here is the draw for the 5th round....

West Ham v Burnley

Notts County or Man City v Aston Villa

Stoke v Brighton

Birmingham v Sheff Wed

Leyton Orient v Arsenal

Everton or Chelsea v Reading

Man Utd v Crawley Town

Fulham or Tottenham v Bolton or Wigan

Not a bad draw for Stoke, a home game again lower league opposition, while Brighton (managed by ex Chelsea player Gus Poyet) are having a great season team and nothing is certain in the FA Cup it's a game that we should win so I am quite confident of reaching the quarter finals.