The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Deathly Hallows Film Topic

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait in the movie he might die on a boat?

but why???

I actually heard/read it was rumoured and to not believed. I guess we'll soon find out. Who's believe that anyway? I doubt he'd die in a boat. :lol: Unless there's picture or written evidence from director's or something I wouldn't believe they'd ruin it like that. But I agree it will be different. Everything else changed. Just not a boat.

It was confirmed back in January that he dies not in a boat, but a crystal Boathouse. "The Boathouse is an underground harbour at Hogwarts where the boats are stored and where they dock when the first years arrive at Hogwarts Castle every 1 September." (Source: HP wikia)

This was said by Andrew Ackland-Snow, the art director for the Harry Potter franchise;

"We wanted to change a bit where Snape dies. In the book, he dies on the Shrieking Shack, and we wanted to get him out from, not a conventional interior, but from that kind of box, to do it in a more dramatic atmosphere. We asked J.K. if she agreed for that to happen in there, because we hadn't really seen it before. We made a crystal house, and you can see what happens in the boat house from there - Are you listening Harry? -, but also the school is in flames...and she loved it. Besides, it's a very romantic place to die. Snape dies in a extremely good way, I gotta say."

This doesn't look like the Shrieking Shack, to me:

I posted about it months ago in this topic :lol: I wasn't too happy about it then but I'm actually quite looking forward to it now. Might be nice to see a new area of Hogwarts.

The soundtrack sounds great too! <3

Doesn't look like a lake either, tbh. But either way it's been said it's not true. But I guess we'll soon find out. :)

Edited by Hermione

Those posters look EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love of course the Ron and Hermione ones!! :)

They all look sad because it is the battle and probably lost people already or because it is the battle and they know they all might not make it.

Those posters look EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love of course the Ron and Hermione ones!! :)

They all look sad because it is the battle and probably lost people already or because it is the battle and they know they all might not make it.

I agree, the posters look epic! 17 more days!!! :ohyeah: