The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Deathly Hallows Film Topic

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i decided that i wasnt going to watch all of these clips, which i have never done before

i wanted to be suprised when i saw the movie i dont know if i can stay away!

i decided that i wasnt going to watch all of these clips, which i have never done before

i wanted to be suprised when i saw the movie i dont know if i can stay away!

I've decided the same. It's not far away, less than two weeks, you can do it :o

I don't mind watching small clips I think some people are silly saying it spoils the whole movie and spoils the suprise because tbh it really doesn't. That's like not watching a trailer because it 'spoils' the movie. A 59 second clip will make no difference to the othe 159 minutes ahead. :lol:

I don't mind watching small clips I think some people are silly saying it spoils the whole movie and spoils the suprise because tbh it really doesn't. That's like not watching a trailer because it 'spoils' the movie. A 59 second clip will make no difference to the othe 159 minutes ahead. :lol:

i agree plus if you've already read the book, you already know whats going to happen, it's as simple as that

I too caved and it was SO worth it :) This film will be freakin EPIC!!! :)

Haha I know right? EXCITED!

i agree plus if you've already read the book, you already know whats going to happen, it's as simple as that

Haha yeah that bugs me even more! People screw about spoilers when they have read the book to. I'm like dayum! haha :D

I've decided the same. It's not far away, less than two weeks, you can do it :o

Agreed!! I am not watching anymore videos so that I have the best movie experience!! Why would I want to spoil it?!

Haha I know right? EXCITED!

Haha yeah that bugs me even more! People screw about spoilers when they have read the book to. I'm like dayum! haha :D

yea i know! its like people take a chill pill, seriously!!

yea i know! its like people take a chill pill, seriously!!

haha :D

Has anyone been keeping up with anyone on twitter. Many of them have been talking about the events following up the movie!

haha :D

Has anyone been keeping up with anyone on twitter. Many of them have been talking about the events following up the movie!

really? i haven't been on twitter in awhile, so i wouldn't know! lol

This is only partially true. The Harry Potter series, literature-wise, has never exactly equated to the set of movies which the adaptations have come to represent. You can follow a story through its whole plot, start to finish, examining every detail in chronological order. The books have grown to be how long? 500+ pages? There is no way you can condense each book into one 120-minute movie, even if you tried, without missing some kind of detail that matters to the crux of the plot.

When, say, Steve Kloves (who, I believe, has written all of them minus one of the movies?) decides to take on the task of writing a script, he can choose to simplify details, deepen a character's background, or move events around for easier filming. He can take the liberty of adjusting/editing, or lengthening scenes, which was shown in "Part One" where Harry, Ron, and Hermione enter Xenophilius Lovegood's home and come across the then-absent Luna's bedroom. I believe Rowling, in the book, created an intimate moment where Harry comes across a painting Luna had done on her ceiling of the trio and herself.

The depth of that particular scene wasn't shown in the movie. So, I can argue that a watcher doesn't necessarily know what's going to happen in "Part Two" just from reading the book series.

People "screw" about the spoilers in the movie because watching actors play out a character's role in 'real life' is much different from most people's perception in what they read from a book. I'd really compare "Deathly Hallows: Part One" with "Prisoner of Azkaban" in respects to the way it was filmed. Cuarón did a great job of taking wider-angle and darker shots (so you can see more in the stills/pictures) in "Prisoner of Azkaban" while Eduardo Serra (Director of Cinematography) really colored "Part One" in dark tones similar to the third movie. You can't capture that while reading text, as much as you can't hear my real voice when reading my writing.

Plus, I looked at every still and clip and trailer for "Part One" and when I came to watch it wasn't as surprised while I saw it. It didn't exactly "spoil" it for me, but it didn't give me any surprises or thrilling experience I had hoped for either. I'm stickin' it out the next two weeks until I can watch "Part Two" un-distracted myself. ^_^

People "screw" about the spoilers in the movie because watching actors play out a character's role in 'real life' is much different from most people's perception in what they read from a book. I'd really compare "Deathly Hallows: Part One" with "Prisoner of Azkaban" in respects to the way it was filmed. Cuarón did a great job of taking wider-angle and darker shots (so you can see more in the stills/pictures) in "Prisoner of Azkaban" while Eduardo Serra (Director of Cinematography) really colored "Part One" in dark tones similar to the third movie. You can't capture that while reading text, as much as you can't hear my real voice when reading my writing.

Plus, I looked at every still and clip and trailer for "Part One" and when I came to watch it wasn't as surprised while I saw it. It didn't exactly "spoil" it for me, but it didn't give me any surprises or thrilling experience I had hoped for either. I'm stickin' it out the next two weeks until I can watch "Part Two" un-distracted myself. ^_^

Well that's you opinion. :) I don't think it was neccessary for such a big contradictory reply. But like I said we all have different opinions. That is yours. :)

I think a lot of people have that opinion about spoilers. Yeah, maybe they already know what happens, but they don't know how it will be on the screen. It's like watching a trailer for some movie and you think that really looks good, and then you go to the movie and you've already seen all the best bits in the trailer.

Well that's you opinion. I don't think it was neccessary for such a big contradictory reply. But like I said we all have different opinions. That is yours.

I apologize if my reply seemed awfully big, but when I state what I feel about something I really like to try to show other people why I feel a certain way about something. Not giving a reason behind an opinion leaves everything open to interpretation and judgment by others. I just like to make my thoughts have substance. I've done it all over the Forum :doh: , so I didn't treat this thread any differently.

I think a lot of people have that opinion about spoilers. Yeah, maybe they already know what happens, but they don't know how it will be on the screen. It's like watching a trailer for some movie and you think that really looks good, and then you go to the movie and you've already seen all the best bits in the trailer.

Agreed! I HATE it when I see a trailer to some long-awaited and popular movie and then :sob: I pay $10 to see the movie and feel like I had watched it all in the 1:56 trailer.

----

OK, GUYS!

The scene you most look forward to:

GO!

~~~

Mine is: -whispers-

When Harry, Ron, and Hermione manage to grab the horcrux-cursed house cup out of the Lestrange/Black vault in Gringotts and have to escape a narrow-run-in with the blinded dragon and then use it to fly out of there like :ph34r: . I was glued to the book when I was reading, and literally like this: :o ! :mellow: -bites nails- :angry::o OMG! :sob: yaaaay ^_^:D .

I definitely agree with is! Thats the issue with most comedies today, they put all the good jokes in the trailer!!! Then you go to see the movie, and it sucks lol. Ah anyways that is neither here no there.

From this moment on I am no longer looking at anymore picture, clips, ect. I haven't looked at anything for a while now, but I am making it official now. This is the last film and I want to have THE best experience possible. I know that my keeping away from spoilers will make it that much more meaningful to me. AH cant wait!! (sucks that I cant see it till a few days after it comes out do to my best friend getting married :P)

For those who are still unsure about the "Boathouse" being a real set in the move, here's an official picture/concept drawing:

OK, GUYS!

The scene you most look forward to:

GO!

~~~

Mine is: -whispers-

When Harry, Ron, and Hermione manage to grab the horcrux-cursed house cup out of the Lestrange/Black vault in Gringotts and have to escape a narrow-run-in with the blinded dragon and then use it to fly out of there like :ph34r: . I was glued to the book when I was reading, and literally like this: :o ! :mellow: -bites nails- :angry::o OMG! :sob: yaaaay ^_^:D .

Rowena Ravenclaw/the Room of Requirement scene, when Harry uses the stone, seeing Dumbledore, the Dumbledore family's history, the battle!!! And seeing Oliver Wood again :o Yeah... that's almost the whole movie.

I didn't think this was a debate. :unsure:

The scene I'm most excited for is the kiss. :D