The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Deathly Hallows Film Topic

Was anyone else a little disappointed that the Voldemort death scene wasn't set in the hall and Harry only said a couple of the quotes he was meant to, with no audience? I wish that had stayed the same, loved that part of the book! Lol it was awesome how Seamus gladly accepted the job of blowing up the bridge, dontcha think? Wasn't expecting that.

Excellent movie.. :ohyeah: :ohyeah:

I expected a lot more in climax..very disappointed...

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well don't get to over excited because it's even got bad reviews. A lot of people have been excited and then been let down. Me being one. My heart just sank for hours after it finished.

Well don't get to over excited because it's even got bad reviews. A lot of people have been excited and then been let down. Me being one. My heart just sank for hours after it finished.

yea but there is only a FEW bad reviews, and I honestly don't care what anyone thinks. I will be the one to decide if i will like it or not and no one will be able to persuade me either way. I'm not trying to be rude, but I don't like it when people tell me not to get to excited because a movie isn't good. I will decide that for myself.

Yeah don't let others try to influence your opinion. I can see to an extent where Hermione is coming from, although I tend to disagree with it. The movies aren't going to be exact copies of the books, that's impossible. They did change some things that didn't need to be changed, but they've been doing that since GOF so it's nothing new. As for your attack on the acting, I didn't really find it faltering, difference of opinion there I suppose.

I'm not one of these fans to lie about it and say it was brilliant just because I'm a big fan. This movie did Harry Potter no justice.

Also I found this comment a bit rude. Just because someone has a difference of opinion from you, good or bad, doesn't give you the right to call them a liar. It's simply a difference of opinion, your opinion isn't greater than anyone else. You didn't like the film and I respect that, but that doesn't mean I or anyone else is a liar for liking it.

Yeah don't let others try to influence your opinion. I can see to an extent where Hermione is coming from, although I tend to disagree with it. The movies aren't going to be exact copies of the books, that's impossible. They did change some things that didn't need to be changed, but they've been doing that since GOF so it's nothing new. As for your attack on the acting, I didn't really find it faltering, difference of opinion there I suppose.

Also I found this comment a bit rude. Just because someone has a difference of opinion from you, good or bad, doesn't give you the right to call them a liar. It's simply a difference of opinion, your opinion isn't greater than anyone else. You didn't like the film and I respect that, but that doesn't mean I or anyone else is a liar for liking it.

exactly I love the books and when it comes to the movies, I know there's gonna be differences because they don't want to make a movie to long. And i agree with you Dax, that really was rude, just because a lot of us will probably like the film doesn't make us liars.

yea but there is only a FEW bad reviews, and I honestly don't care what anyone thinks. I will be the one to decide if i will like it or not and no one will be able to persuade me either way. I'm not trying to be rude, but I don't like it when people tell me not to get to excited because a movie isn't good. I will decide that for myself.

I know but I was just letting everyone know because it is a horrible feeling when it's finished.

Rude ecscuse me? What do you mean because someone has a differen't opinion from me? I wasn't calling anyone a liar? I was the first one to give my review in here so who did I call a liar because those words didn't come from me Dax they came from you. Just saying.

And tbh, I didn't say they were a liar for liking it either, again that was you. Well done. :lol: You got yourself into that one. :P

Edited by Hermione

Rude ecscuse me? What do you mean because someone has a differen't opinion from me? I wasn't calling anyone a liar? I was the first one to give my review in here so who did I call a liar because those words didn't come from me Dax they came from you. Just saying.

And tbh, I didn't say they were a liar for liking it either, again that was you. Well done. :lol:

Jade this is an exact quote that you yourself have typed absolutely unaltered. You just insinuated that everyone who didn't like the film was a liar. Let me break it down for you really fast, to help you out.

I'm not one of these fans to lie about it and say it was brilliant just because I'm a big fan. This movie did Harry Potter no justice.

"I'm not one of those fans to lie" indicating you don't lie, followed by "and say it was brilliant just because I'm a big fan" which implies that if you are a big fan and enjoyed it that you are in fact a liar, because they lied about it being good. It not being good is of course your opinion. Sure you didn't single out anyone, which was very kind of you, but singling out a group isn't very nice either, and the group in this case is people who like the movie. So in review you didn't call a single person a liar, you called a group of people a liar "i.e. those who enjoyed the film."

I'm not trying to start a war here however I did feel the comment was insensitive given that the majority of forum goers are in fact big harry potter fans and may in fact enjoy the film. I personally felt offended and from the looks of it so did Courtney. Perhaps you meant what you typed in a different way? However it's interpretation I think we can agree, has been rather negative.

I don't need helping out, I can report you for this because it's not the first time you targerted me. The first bit about being a fan was in aid of anything not just Harry Potter. You do get people who brag about how good a movie is and then a couple of weeks later they slag it off and you think that's not what you said earlier. I know several members here than have done it in the forum.

I haven't bothered to read your explaination because I'm fed up of being targeted by you and I'm fed up of being belittled. So leave it at that and it won't get any worse hopefully. I know you used to have power here but stop looking down your nose at me, because it seriously hurts even if you can't see it. :/

Edited by Hermione

I don't need helping out, I can report you for this because it's not the first time you targerted me. The first bit about being a fan was in aid of anything not just Harry Potter. You do get people who brag about how good a movie is and then a couple of weeks later they slag it off and you think that's not what you said earlier. I know several members here than have done it in the forum.

I haven't bothered to read your explaination because I'm fed up of being targeted by you and I'm fed up of being belittled. So leave it at that and it won't get any worse hopefully. I know you used to have power here but stop looking down your nose at me, because it seriously hurts even if you can't see it. :/

he wasn't even targeting you, he was just stating his own opinion so chill out. seriously.

he wasn't even targeting you, he was just stating his own opinion so chill out. seriously.

I am chilled out. Don't you start on me to. That was a dig at me I know it because he's done it before. :/ It's not fair.

Edited by Hermione

I am chilled out. Don't you start on me to. That was a dig at me I know it because he's done it before. :/ It's not fair.

no it wasn't, what you said not only did he find offensive, but so did i. and i think anyone else who reads that comment will find that offensive too

no it wasn't, what you said not only did he find offensive, but so did i. and i think anyone else who reads that comment will find that offensive too

But it wasn't meant to be rude. He just took it that way. :/ Or rather you both did. :/

EDIT: Sorry we posted the same time. I'm out anyway. I'm tired of it.

Edited by Hermione

i feel offensive too but i am done talking about that

either way I am excited to see this and to see if i am going like it or not thats about it :)!!

i feel offensive too but i am done talking about that

either way I am excited to see this and to see if i am going like it or not thats about it :)!!

yea i'm excited too sarah!! I'm thinking this will be the best movie out of all of them :D

Well I won't argue you can report me, I'm not sure how much good it will do you as I haven't said anything worthy of a warning. And I don't really target you, not sure where you got that from. You said it Jade, not me, I quoted your words. You can be mad at me as much as you want, at the end of the day you said it, not me.

May I ask that you provide two instances where I have targeted you? I think I spoke to you about 5 months ago in the RPG section, if that's considered "targeting" than I must have missed the memo. And I'm not looking down my nose at you, I'm stating clearly what you yourself have said, and I'm sorry you feel badly about it, but you did say it. This is a public forum, if you can't handle others comments and interpretations then perhaps it's time to move on.

As a former mod I'll say if you truly have a problem with my comments to report me. I didn't find anything I said remotely offensive, and I'm quite sure many others wouldn't either. I simply interpreted what you said and commented on it because I truly felt that others would feel offended, and Courtney's comment justified that belief. I will stop posting after this assuming you don't make any ill responses back toward me, but I won't just stop because you tell me to or try to threaten me by reporting me. You are talking to a person who wrote the rules for this forum and interpreted them extensively for three years, I'm not trying to scare you but I do have a good idea of what's crossing the line and what isn't. If you'd like to continue the conversation I would suggest we take it up either by PM or through a private chat in the chatroom.

Man it's taking me awhile to post these T_T, well as dook already spoke you can delete this if you want.

Well I won't argue you can report me, I'm not sure how much good it will do you as I haven't said anything worthy of a warning. And I don't really target you, not sure where you got that from. You said it Jade, not me, I quoted your words. You can be mad at me as much as you want, at the end of the day you said it, not me.

May I ask that you provide two instances where I have targeted you? I think I spoke to you about 5 months ago in the RPG section, if that's considered "targeting" than I must have missed the memo. And I'm not looking down my nose at you, I'm stating clearly what you yourself have said, and I'm sorry you feel badly about it, but you did say it. This is a public forum, if you can't handle others comments and interpretations then perhaps it's time to move on.

As a former mod I'll say if you truly have a problem with my comments to report me. I didn't find anything I said remotely offensive, and I'm quite sure many others wouldn't either. I simply interpreted what you said and commented on it because I truly felt that others would feel offended, and Courtney's comment justified that belief. I will stop posting after this assuming you don't make any ill responses back toward me, but I won't just stop because you tell me to or try to threaten me by reporting me. You are talking to a person who wrote the rules for this forum and interpreted them extensively for three years, I'm not trying to scare you but I do have a good idea of what's crossing the line and what isn't. If you'd like to continue the conversation I would suggest we take it up either by PM or through a private chat in the chatroom.

Man it's taking me awhile to post these T_T, well as dook already spoke you can delete this if you want.

thank you dax this Made my point clear too.. this offended me bad.. I hate to me called a liar.. and like Court said.."I Am not going to say anything until i see hte movie" because i may or may not like it.. thank you dax :)

^yes it will court.. My gut says it will be I mean i may not or may like it idk yet but i got a feeling i'll love it.. And I really didnt like half blooded prince at all to be honset. but this one is goign be good i can feel it

yea, i know what you mean

Jade:

I understand the point you were making. There are some fans who will say it's great no matter what. I don't know if I would call it lying, or just blindly believing it can't be bad.

The way you phrased your comment could be interpreted as rude and insulting to fans, which apparently a number of people did. No one is targeting you.

Others:

"I'm not one of these fans to lie about it... " in my opinion does not state, or imply, ALL fans.

Now, can we drop it and move on!