The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Deathly Hallows Film Topic

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who've seen it in 3D, what did you think? Does it work for the movie?

There were some really neat scenes in 3D, like the part where all the death eater's are trying to penetrate the protective bubble over Hogwarts and the fire in the RoR. Otherwise I didn't really notice it.

i loveddddddddddddddd the movie!!!!! i also cried like the whole entire time. i couldn't control myself .

I cried at Snapes story.

His death sounded brutal shame we didn't get to see it. I started to well then the when he saw the bodies on the way up to Dumbledore's office it got me teary eyed. Then when he watched it I was already all worked up and boom I cried. D: Snape's memories were amazing.

Best part. :D

i loveddddddddddddddd the movie!!!!! i also cried like the whole entire time. i couldn't control myself .

I was exactly the same because I knew what was coming! Teary eyed right from the beginning! :lol:

I have now seen it twice LOL...yes I know...3-D and 2-D....I was shocked by how well it worked w. 3-D and I dont even like 3-D...I was VERY glad it was in 3-D...there are so many moments to speak of-Snape's story (I cried), McGonagall, Neville (WOHOO!!), R/Hr moments (hey I am a shipper ;)), Dumbledore, Harry, battle, EVERYTHING was EPIC. I was VERY satisfied and can see why they are predicting 1 billion mark WW ;) They went out w. a bang that is for SURE!!!!

Okay this Movie was EPIC!!!.. I mean understand where Jade is Coming from when she said diss pointed but honestly i was not dis pointed It was really good I love every sense they had in there.. I can see why jade though it was dis-pointing but me i loved this moive it was very epic..

it had some down falls to it

but not major(it is okay every movie is going have those downfalls) just because it has it down falls doest mean i love it any less :wub:

Like the R/HR kiss yeah it had it downfalls it was passionate but u couldn't see the kiss at all

and i was sad I cried like a little 5 y ear old.. It was really hard for me..and This movie has it ups and downs for me.. it was great i loved it. It is One of My fave Movies.. and it was just great.. I can see why some people were diss pointed in it.. but to me it was just enough to make my harry potter nerdness happy :)!! i was happy with what They brought out it was just perfect to get my harry potter outta my system and i cried a lot and it feel better :)!!

but harry potter will always be in my heart people can say That i am a true fan or not. but to me i am a hp girl at heart for 10 years :)

Edited by penguin_girl

Saw the movie tonight and I agree with Sarah this movie was EPIC!!!! There where no words to describe it, I went with my cousin and when the credits rolled my cousin was like THIS IS NOT THE END!!!! but i loved everything in this film, i really loved it. I'm going to see it again next weekend at the IMAX, can't wait!

Okay this Movie was EPIC!!!.. I mean understand where Jade is Coming from when she said diss pointed but honestly i was not dis pointed It was really good I love every sense they had in there.. I can see why jade though it was dis-pointing but me i loved this moive it was very epic..

it had some down falls to it

but not major(it is okay every movie is going have those downfalls) just because it has it down falls doest mean i love it any less :wub:

Like the R/HR kiss yeah it had it downfalls it was passionate but u couldn't see the kiss at all

and i was sad I cried like a little 5 y ear old.. It was really hard for me..and This movie has it ups and downs for me.. it was great i loved it. It is One of My fave Movies.. and it was just great.. I can see why some people were diss pointed in it.. but to me it was just enough to make my harry potter nerdness happy :)!! i was happy with what They brought out it was just perfect to get my harry potter outta my system and i cried a lot and it feel better :)!!

but harry potter will always be in my heart people can say That i am a true fan or not. but to me i am a hp girl at heart for 10 years :)

Saw the movie tonight and I agree with Sarah this movie was EPIC!!!! There where no words to describe it, I went with my cousin and when the credits rolled my cousin was like THIS IS NOT THE END!!!! but i loved everything in this film, i really loved it. I'm going to see it again next weekend at the IMAX, can't wait!

I have to thank you both for describing my thoughts cause i couldnt explain it in words. As mentiones Film was EPIC imo, im gonna see it again next week.. but im kinda sad that this was the last HP Movie :sob:

i saw it last night. AMAZING

alan rickman blew my away, he was absolutely brilliant <3

after

snapes death

i couldn't stop crying :sob: and that lasted throughout the rest of the movie

this is definitely one of my top fav of the hp series <3

I have now seen it twice LOL...yes I know...3-D and 2-D....I was shocked by how well it worked w. 3-D and I dont even like 3-D...I was VERY glad it was in 3-D...there are so many moments to speak of-Snape's story (I cried), McGonagall, Neville (WOHOO!!), R/Hr moments (hey I am a shipper ;)), Dumbledore, Harry, battle, EVERYTHING was EPIC. I was VERY satisfied and can see why they are predicting 1 billion mark WW ;) They went out w. a bang that is for SURE!!!!

I'm going again tomorrow. :D Watching it in 3D so I can say I've seen it in both. :P Snapes story was so emotional!

I knew this movie wouldn't make the most money and you know what movie did make the most money? The first one!

I saw it last night. It's great but I agree that the death part could have be made better(I can't even see Weasley's death face) so that the film can be much more touching. I watched it in IMAX and the effects and qualities are great.

I just saw it today! It was amazing!

I cried at the end of it. That was exactly how I pictured it ending! Best film ending of all time!

Snape's memories were especially touching. They were extremely well done. It just goes to show how good an actor Alan Rickman is.

The break into Gringott's, the fighting, the scene in the Room Of Requirement (where they're all fighting to escape the fire), all well done.

I think every single actor in this film shone. I can't pick anything that was bad. Even the added scenes (that weren't in the book) were excellent!

Best movie out of the series. I can't believe it's finished now! :(

(Oh, and I would add spoiler tags, but I don't know how. Can someone show me?)

just got back from watching it and first thoughts are that it was brilliant. i was crying throughout, especially when 1) the girls surrounded him to protect harry from parkinson, 2) when macgonagall first greeted harry, 3) when harry met his mum and dad in the forest. my only gripes were that they made malfoy too nice and snapes death was a bit soppy lol. overall the acting was great, by far the best of the series for me. i cant wait to watch it again!

(Oh, and I would add spoiler tags, but I don't know how. Can someone show me?)

I think there are other spoilers in the thread so I don't know if I'd worry about it, but to do a spoiler, at the top left corner of the editor you will see a drop down that says Other styles (you do have to be in full editor mode, not quick reply). Click that and down the list you'll find spoiler.

Clcik on that and you'll get a dialog to enter your text

or you can just write the tags directly like this,

[spoiler] some text to hide [/spoiler]

like I love Emma said.

I just got back from seeing it and I must say that it was very well-played. I loved how all the characters came back and had a role in it. I loved the action sequences (especially/specifically) when Hogwarts was under attack. Most of all, however, I loved the montage scene with Snape. He is one of my favorite characters (#2) and I felt the scene really sent him out with a bang. Overall, very enjoyable that I will remember for awhile.

P.S. one of the parts I hated was when the trio jumped off the dragon into the water and went to shore. If you remember, Harry and Ron were chaning shirts. But, Emma only put a blanket over her. I think you catch my drift :)

Edited by ckravitz

Haha, I noticed that, too.

I think it's because Emma has boobies, and the others don't. At least, it wasn't appropriate for her to change shirts on screen!

Another thing:

I feel that the scene where Snape comes across Lily's dead body, and is hold her to him, sobbing through a face full of tears...that really showed the humanity in Snape. It finally made him a good guy.

And when he said, "You have your mother's eyes"...I just started sobbing. I knew all of that was coming. Poor snape!

I have to say as a big fan it weren't that good. Fair enough it can't be like the book and a lot of fans that haven't read the book will like it but it wasn't that good. The acting was minimal apart from Alan Rickman who's acting was beyond brilliant. It moved to slow and it wasn't as action pact as it should have been. I'm going to watch it more times but I don't want to. I'll see how I feel after then.

I'm not one of these fans to lie about it and say it was brilliant just because I'm a big fan. This movie did Harry Potter no justice.

I couldnt disagree more, people will say they like it cause they did not cause they are a fan

I LOVED LOVED LOVED THE SCENES WITH SNAPE!!

the only problem i had was they made Freds death so quick! they didnt give it justice!

and i just wish when harry and voldemort fought there was an audince like some one said before

Edited by Rena

I just got back from seeing it and I must say that it was very well-played. I loved how all the characters came back and had a role in it. I loved the action sequences (especially/specifically) when Hogwarts was under attack. Most of all, however, I loved the montage scene with Snape. He is one of my favorite characters (#2) and I felt the scene really sent him out with a bang. Overall, very enjoyable that I will remember for awhile.

P.S. one of the parts I hated was when the trio jumped off the dragon into the water and went to shore. If you remember, Harry and Ron were chaning shirts. But, Emma only put a blanket over her. I think you catch my drift :)

Why did you hate it? The way you put it was almost like you wanted to see her naked? I think that scene was fine and understandable. :) In the book they don't even get changed.