The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Deathly Hallows Film Topic

Why did you hate it? The way you put it was almost like you wanted to see her naked?

I think that was the point, and i wont lie a part of me thought hang on is she goin to aswell? then i remembered my 9 and 7yr old bros next to me and thought oh yeah right 12 a

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that was the point, and i wont lie a part of me thought hang on is she goin to aswell? then i remembered my 9 and 7yr old bros next to me and thought oh yeah right 12 a

There would be no way Emma would have done that. You should have known it anyway?

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 is now the top opening weekend film of all time.

It brought in an estimate $168 million over the weekend, which is a comfortable distance from the previous record holder The Dark Knight's $158 million.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 is now the top opening weekend film of all time.

It brought in an estimate $168 million over the weekend, which is a comfortable distance from the previous record holder The Dark Knight's $158 million.

Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! :ohyeah:

so would this movie be the 2nd highest movie ever, b/c avatar is first right?

This is the opening weekend numbers. The Dark Knight was on top I believe but this overtook it in terms of opening weekend. Avatar opened with something like 77 million. In terms of total gross we don't know because DH part 2 hasn't been out long enough :P. Avatar is the highest grossing movie of all time.

:ohyeah: :ohyeah:

well deserved!!!

Saw it yesterday. Very pleased. With all the "that was a bit lame"s and "that I'd done differently"s you're bound to get from me, there were quite a few sequences that just worked and that reached you emotionally. And at the end of the day, that is what counts. :) I really liked the beginning, Snape's memories, and there were a few wonderful scenes during the battle sequence.

I have to say I was quite impressed by Matthew Lewis' performance. And I was amazed at how Helena Bonham Carter was able to turn her role 180 degrees when she was impersonated by Hermione. And Emma, of course! She totally nailed the "standing in the back looking concerned", as always. I just wished she'd get more chances to do some actual dialogue. Well, to be fair, she had quite a bit of it in the first part. Still, with this gigantic movie franchise, what do you think our chances are for a spin-off called "Hermione Granger and The Order of the Phoenix" next?

^Oh the Hermione as Bellatrix scene was amazing. I found it amazing how Helena blatantly didn't look or act like Bellatrix yet she pulled off Bellatrix? Haha she is amazing and can go far with her acting! On behind the scenes she was texting Emma on how to act as her. So cute.

someone at the movie theater tried to ruin the moment where

snape is dying, and he tells harry that he has his mothers eyes

. the kid starts laughing at that, while im sat there crying my eyes out. my bestfriend gets mad and tells them to shut up. then they were quiet for the rest of the movie :D

. the kid starts laughing at that, while im sat there crying my eyes out. my bestfriend gets mad and tells them to shut up. then they were quiet for the rest of the movie :D

If he was sitting in front of me I would have kicked his seat! Someone has blatently not read the books. How god damn rude!

I hate people who are always like "it's just a book" or "it's just a movie!" No it's not. It's 11-12 years of my life and it's the best thing this media buissiness has had for a century!

^^ believe me, i was really tempted to do something if he didnt keep it down. not gonna let people like him ruin the movie :sweatdrop:

i know, how i hate when people say that. just ask the millions of fans, its NOT just a book or movie.

^One of my friends on facebook made a status

"What's with all the hype with Harry Potter it's pathetic and gay."

I was to hurt to comment on it because I didn't know he was the type to bash things like that. Then his friends commented like what? how is it gay? and he said,

"Seriously just because the last movie's out! Thank god that craps over! It is gay I mean come on a bunch of people waving wands around, like seriously that shit isn't real so why pretend. I didn't even get half way through the first one without falling asleep. Pathetic."

I felt like walking 3 houses up knocking on his door and punching him. There's nothing to hate about Harry Potter. Yeah there are people out there that aren't going to like it but there is no actual reason to bash it. The reasons he come up with were like a 9 year olds dislikes. And he's meant to be turning 18? No.

^^ ...

why on earth use the word gay to describe it? thats ridiculous and really childish..cant believe he's 18??

that "shit" isnt real, erm lots of movies/books are not real or based on accurate facts. so in theory, he should be able to enjoy lots of movies if so...id join you punching him!!

i found this on tumblr, thought it was really nice to read :)

A little boy about 6 years old that I was sitting next to when I saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 looked up at his mother and said, ‘Mummy, why is that girl crying?’ The mum looked at me and relied, ‘Because sweet heart, this movie is what she grew up with. She was there when Harry got on his broom for the first time and is still here while he is finally defeating Voldemort. This movie series is her childhood. You won’t understand for a couple of years what this movie means to her…’ The boy tapped me on the shoulder and said, ‘It’s okay ‘cause when I’m your age and I understand, I will find you an give you a hug.’

so would this movie be the 2nd highest movie ever, b/c avatar is first right?

I never saw Avatar. I don't think it beat The Dark Knight records, which were incredible (that is also a great movie, saw it in the theaters and have it on DVD!)

I think this movie is already getting to be the second highest movie. Although I'm not sure how it compares against Star Wars, which I believe is the highest grossing movie ever. Released in 1977, it's still showing in some theatres, and the original is still making cash!

^One of my friends on facebook made a status

"What's with all the hype with Harry Potter it's pathetic and gay."

I was to hurt to comment on it because I didn't know he was the type to bash things like that. Then his friends commented like what? how is it gay? and he said,

"Seriously just because the last movie's out! Thank god that craps over! It is gay I mean come on a bunch of people waving wands around, like seriously that shit isn't real so why pretend. I didn't even get half way through the first one without falling asleep. Pathetic."

I felt like walking 3 houses up knocking on his door and punching him. There's nothing to hate about Harry Potter. Yeah there are people out there that aren't going to like it but there is no actual reason to bash it. The reasons he come up with were like a 9 year olds dislikes. And he's meant to be turning 18? No.

Hermoine, I used to have an online friend named Tom. He always made fun of Harry Potter, called Harry Potter a pedophile. He even made a rap song about it (talented, no doubt, and humorous, kind of, but childish? Most definitely!)

I haven't spoken to him since about 2007, he disappeared off the face of the earth it seems. But a lot of people seem to think of Harry Potter as a children's book series, nothing more, and they don't look into what it truly is: a masterpiece, both the books and the movies!

Hell, if it was just a "children's book series", I wouldn't be reading it. I was reading Stephen King and Michael Crichton at 12 years old, and tend to read all sorts of books, including science and history books for fun. I identify mostly with the character Hermoine from the HP series, because I love a good book (the only thing that beats a good book is a good musical album!) I suppose that's what got me interested in Emma Watson to begin with...but I digress.

I think it's just purely ignorance, and you shouldn't pay attention to it. There's nothing wrong with being gay, anyways.

Edited by ShipOfFools

^^ ...

why on earth use the word gay to describe it? thats ridiculous and really childish..cant believe he's 18??

that "shit" isnt real, erm lots of movies/books are not real or based on accurate facts. so in theory, he should be able to enjoy lots of movies if so...id join you punching him!!

A little boy about 6 years old that I was sitting next to when I saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 looked up at his mother and said, ‘Mummy, why is that girl crying?’ The mum looked at me and relied, ‘Because sweet heart, this movie is what she grew up with. She was there when Harry got on his broom for the first time and is still here while he is finally defeating Voldemort. This movie series is her childhood. You won’t understand for a couple of years what this movie means to her…’ The boy tapped me on the shoulder and said, ‘It’s okay ‘cause when I’m your age and I understand, I will find you an give you a hug.’

I just found it so annoying. Small minded people. :/

OMG That is so cute! Do you think that actually happened? That's amazing. <3

Hermoine, I used to have an online friend named Tom. He always made fun of Harry Potter, called Harry Potter a pedophile. He even made a rap song about it (talented, no doubt, and humorous, kind of, but childish? Most definitely!)

I haven't spoken to him since about 2007, he disappeared off the face of the earth it seems. But a lot of people seem to think of Harry Potter as a children's book series, nothing more, and they don't look into what it truly is: a masterpiece, both the books and the movies!

Hell, if it was just a "children's book series", I wouldn't be reading it. I was reading Stephen King and Michael Crichton at 12 years old, and tend to read all sorts of books, including science and history books for fun. I identify mostly with the character Hermoine from the HP series, because I love a good book (the only thing that beats a good book is a good musical album!) I suppose that's what got me interested in Emma Watson to begin with...but I digress.

I think it's just purely ignorance, and you shouldn't pay attention to it. There's nothing wrong with being gay, anyways.

That is childish... a rap? :/ My friend isn't online though I see him near enough everyday. It actually quiet offended me!

If it was still only a childrens book series I'd still be reading it because I was a child when my mother brought me the first book. :D

^^ ...

this Made me cry just reading this :sob: it is so cute and yet so true :)!!

You know, I'm really looking forward to seeing that moment. I really wonder how Alan Rickman does it. I love him as an actor, but Snape's such a...well, you know, narrow-minded closed character or something like that...I'm really curious! :)

also this is bothering me because i didnt see it in the movie but in the trailer there was a added part where voldemort grabs harrys face and says "why do you live" and harry says "because i have something worth living for" was that in the movie?

maybe im just blind and didnt see it

Ah I am so upset!!!! I went to the theatre today with my friends!!! But, there areower outages all around the city do to heat!!!! The film stopped right before the princes tale!!!! I am so pissed!!!!! We got free readmission tickets, but I want to see the rest!!,