The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Deathly Hallows Film Topic

^Aawww that's stupid! Hope you can go again any time soon! :)

I just realised that what I loved a lot about DH-I is the way Voldemort is portrayed. Especially in the first scene, he almost seems human. Ralph Fiennes plays him so brilliantly in my opinion, and the way he acts in the first scene is wonderful, for it's not just a raging dark wizard whom we see, but an actual (though very bad ofc :P) person, if you know what I mean :).

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Aawww that's stupid! Hope you can go again any time soon! :)

I just realised that what I loved a lot about DH-I is the way Voldemort is portrayed. Especially in the first scene, he almost seems human. Ralph Fiennes plays him so brilliantly in my opinion, and the way he acts in the first scene is wonderful, for it's not just a raging dark wizard whom we see, but an actual (though very bad ofc :P) person, if you know what I mean :).

I know!!!! It's so stupid!!!!! I'm so mad!!!! Lol

I just found it so annoying. Small minded people. :/

OMG That is so cute! Do you think that actually happened? That's amazing. <3

i have no idea, its posted on lots of tumblrs.

but i hope so :P its so sweet ^_^

this Made me cry just reading this :sob: it is so cute and yet so true :)!!

haha i know :D when i first read it i was like awwwwww :sob:

You know, I'm really looking forward to seeing that moment. I really wonder how Alan Rickman does it. I love him as an actor, but Snape's such a...well, you know, narrow-minded closed character or something like that...I'm really curious! :)

oh he was brilliant. blown away by this performance, he nailed it :)

have you seen it?

I have a question about DH1...when Harry vistis Godric's Hollow and goes to Bathilda Bagshot's house, Hermione walks into this room filled with flies...is that the room in which Bathilda died or something like that? I always thought it was but I wasn't quite sure...since Nagini sort of went into her dead body right? So it wasn't in that room anymore?

Yeah Nagini posessed her dead body that's the reason why the body smelt so bad. But the blood and flies and other things in that room was where Bathilda died. Well I presume so.

That's...gross. No seriously :P.

I watched the trailer for DH2 and realised the first bit looked and sounded like a trailer for a true horror movie to me. Has anyone who has seen the movie thoughts on this? (for the record, I have not seen it yet, so it's not a judgement of the movie :)).

I saw it again today. It was a tiny bit better than the first time I saw it. But it also give me more to complain about after because i paid more attention to everything i didn't like. Which was the whole movie other than the Princes Tale. I was just more judgemental.

I can't remember who it was but someone on this forum said to me that nobody looked happy in the end? I couldn't quite remember but watching it again they weren't just happy Molly was laughing. Harry, Ron and Hermione were laughing and so were others it is appalling for an ending. Fair enough your happy Voldemort is dead, smile but you still grieve!

Someone infront of me shouted in todays showing "Molly your son is dead bloody grieve!" And majority of the screen cheered. Tbh I agree.

Ah saw the rest today and it was amazing!!!!!!! The whole theater cheered when

Neville killed nagini

it was amazing!!!!! I loved every second of it! By far the best movie. And the end was so so good! Amazing job!

Well, I saw it last night, and I have to say I'm impressed!

First of all, there were a few performances I especially liked. I believe Rupert and Emma were extremely cute together. The kiss was very cute, and so was Ron shouting the "She's my gf!" thing. I was amazed by how much chemistry there was between them (not that I hadn't expected it, but truly, it was very well acted).

Alan Rickman as well was amazing, I loved seeing his memories (which were beautifully filmed, don't you think?).

Ralph Fiennes is always fantastic of course, truly wonderful.

Well, everyone was just amazing I guess :P.

The Final Battle was very impressive and tremendous. I loved the huge shots of Voldemort's forces.

I believe though some of the shots were too quick in my opinion, the film as a whole is amazing, with wonderful special effects and great directing (go David Yates! :)). The epilogue made me laugh a lot (don't know why, but they all looked really nice and funny to me! :P). I feel sad it's over now and we're not going to have any more HP books and premiers, but I believe the books as well as the movies have been a great experience to all of us and to all of those involved in making them, and I believe Daniel Radcliffe is right when he says this is the right ending for the series. I just watched an interview with Emma from 2000 and I'm amazed to see how much she's grown. She's amazing and she'll always be, as will the others :) (sorry if I sound sentimental :P).

I think I might just go see it again in a couple of days :P.

Edited by Bright_Star

Well, now that you're saying it...it indeed went by quite quickly. I guess I'll have to form my true opinion on it after having seen it a second time. Parts of it looked sort of like a video game to me btw :P.

I've seen the film 2 1/2 times now, all at work (yeah, I work in a cinema :D) and I'm glad that I was at work while watching it, because I was not fully focused on the film and therefore it didn't rip me to the emotional shreds that I know it would have done otherwise. Having said that, for me, this film was perfect. I am a very harsh critic of the movie series, and yes, there were things left out and changed, as always, but I felt, for the first time, that a lot of the changes made benefitted the film visually. For example, part of me missed Dumbledore's portrait as an ending, but overall I thought it much more poignant for the ending shot to be of the trio standing on the edge of a precipice taking in all the devastation.

I think every single actor put in their finest performance yet. Helena Bonham-Carter, Maggie Smith and of course Alan Rickman were particularly awesome and I have to say Dan stepped up remarkably.

I LOVED Neville in this movie. I'm so glad he became more of the focus. I loved the relationships, I loved McGonagall ('BOOM!'), I LOVED The Prince's Tale, when I had been so terrified about them not getting that right. I loved the scale and the pace and the clever building of suspense and climax. Ideally, I'd have liked to have seen more of smaller characters such as Mr Weasley (as much as I love Mrs Weasley and Julie Walters, I did think she was a little out of place protecting the castle witht the teachers rather than fighting with her family)and it's a shame some of the backstory, such as Dumbledore's, had to be cut. I would also understand movie-only viewers having trouble understanding the film. But having said that, I think the most important information was conveyed and the characters by and large done justice. In particular, I felt the whole pace, tone and feel of this film was spot on, and whilst the action sequences I had expected were not quite there, that made way for an incredible emotional pathos running throughout the movie which I had not expected. Nothing will ever beat the books, but I think WB excelled themselves with this movie. The best by far of the movies, IMO, and a very fitting end to the series. It was everything I wanted and more.

And this post is a little longer than I expected. haha.

^Well spoken! :) I realised the other moment that though I understand some complaints about things being left out, it is necessary to do so. A movie is a different thing than a book. Of course, it's a pity Dumbledore's story wasn't in it, but there were so many other things that did the movie good. But anyway, I'll be seeing it for the second time tonight so then I'll be able to form a better opinion, since I'll certainly see things I didn't notice when I watched it the first time.

I'm actually seeing a movie twice in two days. Never expected I would.

It's so cool you work in a cinema by the way! :D A friend of mine did that do and she got free admission and everything :D.

I think it´s the best HP movie.Even if they left out some important things. You can´t expect them to put all informations in two movies ,because then they have to do 3 movies.But I can´t see it in English becaue I live in Germany.-.-.I saw the movie 4 times in 1 Week and I didn´ expect that because I thougt the movie whouldn´t be that good. :D

Edited by Moritz