The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Deathly Hallows Film Topic

Did you see this vid? It's a DH parody, very well done!!

I hadn't seen it before! Hilarious!!!

What's great about HP is that even parodies need to be of a very great quality to be funny.

This one absolutely does! Loved it!

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Rupert's speaking a little bit differently too, Katharine. H/R fight looks so promising.

And what can I say about Ralph Fiennes and Alan Rickman. Absolutely marvellous acting. Can't get any better than that.

I love Helena Bonham Carter too!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm here to provide you with HQ wallpaper

sorry can't upload them since they're huge and I can't get all the sizes

Here's the link

simply click on the wallpaper you want, you will get lots of dimensions so choose what best fit your screen

enjoy ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

>.< Sorry for the double post but I can't edit anymore.

See the big tall statue and the short one, in the very middle? Those are, if I'm not mistaken, the human-sized chess pieces from Philosopher's Stone that the trio had to join :o The scene already looks great just from one picture :excited:

Oh right, thanks. Here's a closeup.

I wonder why noone's posting here much anymore? Except me :P Maybe when the time comes closer for part 2 I suppose.

Cool pic!!!! I can't wait for part 2!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ohyeah:

Oh right, thanks. Here's a closeup.

I wonder why noone's posting here much anymore? Except me :P Maybe when the time comes closer for part 2 I suppose.

My gosh, they both look awsome. I keep looking at loads of Stills and I get so excited.

Ok. I've now seen the movie three times. Usually I watch HP two times.

The first time: I ALWAYS love the film. the second time a partly think its good but I also notice how much its fails at so many levels. But I still love all the films. Odd, I know.

This time. I've seen it three times. And I think DH part 1 is the best one so far but its also the it didn't feel like I was watching a Harry Potter movie.But that was not why I didn't enjoyed it completly.

. But at most of the time they made the same misstakes all over. To many parts of the film doesn't make sense to the non-reader at least. I'd like to know HOW the hell they are thinking when they write/read the script?!

I think the best part is that all the actors did their best characters to date! Me being an avid R/Hr shipper was delighted see them in this film.

I'm a bit sad that it doesn't do that well at box office. But I do understand why the non readers have given up on these films. Just From reading the book these film could've been so amazing if they just had added a little more dept in the movies and the characters.

Ok. I've now seen the movie three times. Usually I watch HP two times.

The first time: I ALWAYS love the film. the second time a partly think its good but I also notice how much its fails at so many levels. But I still love all the films. Odd, I know.

This time. I've seen it three times. And I think DH part 1 is the best one so far but its also the it didn't feel like I was watching a Harry Potter movie.But that was not why I didn't enjoyed it completly.

. But at most of the time they made the same misstakes all over. To many parts of the film doesn't make sense to the non-reader at least. I'd like to know HOW the hell they are thinking when they write/read the script?!

I think the best part is that all the actors did their best characters to date! Me being an avid R/Hr shipper was delighted see them in this film.

I'm a bit sad that it doesn't do that well at box office. But I do understand why the non readers have given up on these films. Just From reading the book these film could've been so amazing if they just had added a little more dept in the movies and the characters.

Agreed.

it didn't feel like I was watching a Harry Potter movie.But that was not why I didn't enjoyed it completly.

I think the reason it doesn't feel like an HP movie is that they aren't at Hogwarts, it's pretty much just the three of them you don't have all the Hogwarts characters etc. It's more like a road movie.

I read an article on the film a few weeks back and it was written by someone who hadn't seen any of the other HP movie nor read any of the books. They were briefed on the story by their friends before going and they said that they didn't have that much trouble following. They realized they probably missed some nuances that an HP fan would get but could follow it for the most part.

I don't see how you could follow what's going on if you haven't read the books but I stopped caring about how well the non-reader keeps up with it a long time ago. I just enjoy it for my own sake.

What the hell are you talking about? It made $824,123,618 worldwide! It's the FOURTH HIGHEST GROSSING MOVIE OF THE YEAR.

it didn't feel like I was watching a Harry Potter movie.But that was not why I didn't enjoyed it completly.

I think the reason it doesn't feel like an HP movie is that they aren't at Hogwarts, it's pretty much just the three of them you don't have all the Hogwarts characters etc. It's more like a road movie.

I agree. I like that it doesn't follow the schoolyear formula that the previous movies did. And honestly we don't know I saw the first three movies without having read the books and I followed everything okay.

Edited by Occulus

I don't see how you could follow what's going on if you haven't read the books but I stopped caring about how well the non-reader keeps up with it a long time ago. I just enjoy it for my own sake.

I agree with this. But I still don't think that you should have to read the books to fully get whats going on.

I think that the novels are good enough and deserv to be made much better. I can accept the changes and the adds etc but I don't think these films has the dept of the novels and the characters are all quite shallow in the movies.

But thats just my view on the films so nobody need to agree.

It made $824,123,618 worldwide! It's the FOURTH HIGHEST GROSSING MOVIE OF THE YEAR

Yeah, its not bad at all and I know its still on box office. But I really thought it would make alot more seeing how much HBP did. I hope its makes at least 900 mil.

Maybe the supporting characters have little depth because of lack of screentime but I think the main characters like Harry, Ron and Hermione are as well rounded as the books. You really can't do justice to the entire book even if you had four hours. I think the best way to do the books and get everything in would have been a television show with one season representing an entire book and school year. The great movies that were based on books like The Godfather and Jaws are only better because the books themselves weren't that great to begin. The filmmakers elevated them. For books that were great like The Lord of the Rings, it was extremely well made and were universally loved but fans of the books are still going to criticize what it left out and what was changed. There is not one die hard LOTR fan, even if they love the movies and happy with the adaptation, thinks they are better than the books.

Edited by Occulus