The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Meet Up For Deathly Hallows Part 2 London Premiere

Right guys and gals, I made this topic, as me and the Daz man (Dazza) were talking on facebook, and were considering of going to the last premiere in London.

We did this a few years ago for the Goblet of Fire Premiere, and had such a blast.

If anyone is interested, stick your name down. (please don't waste a post saying I want to go, but can't afford it, don't want the topic to get spammed)

The reason I am posting this early than later, is simply this.

The more the numbers, the better chance we can get at the front row of the barriers to see the stars, and the more chance of getting their autograph.

But on a general note, the moer the numbers, the more fun it will be for everyone! :).

I'm defo up for it, anyone else?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh, I'd be up for it. I was supposed to be going the the one just gone by but my mates couldn't get time off work. And at least next summer it'll be warmer, although it'll probably still rain. Cost won't be an issue; I can get a Leeds-London train for £10 single, or even national express or the megabus. It's not gonna cost a lot at all. Would be great to meet some of you guys.

If you have ever been tempted to go to a Premiere and can go, then you have to go for it - It will be the last ever chance to go to a HP Premiere.

As Dave said, us two and a few other forum members did this for the Goblet of Fire Premiere and it was such an amazing experience, not just for seeing the stars up front but mixing with other HP fans and you get to meet so many different people from all over the world, it's a great experience and I have wanted to go again since.

The one we went to was at the weekend but they tend to be midweek these days, so I am saving a few days holiday from work and will be booking a hotel, the last time the four of us guys shared a hotel room to keep the costs to a minimum so if there are enough of us that could be an idea, and any girls that are interested could make the same arrangements between themselves if needed.

I'm definitely up for this, it's our last chance and I can't wait for it.

ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!!

Am in England for the year - and it is my plan to come to the premiere. Nothing could keep me away..except if its ridiculously early and before the school term finishes (i'm working in a private primary school).

Definitely definitely interested - I have a few other huge harry potter fan friends who will also be over there - so i'd love to come and meet up with the fans from here :D

Any idea what date it'd be, or how many days/weeks they usually are before the film opens in cinemas?

If you have ever been tempted to go to a Premiere and can go, then you have to go for it - It will be the last ever chance to go to a HP Premiere.

As Dave said, us two and a few other forum members did this for the Goblet of Fire Premiere and it was such an amazing experience, not just for seeing the stars up front but mixing with other HP fans and you get to meet so many different people from all over the world, it's a great experience and I have wanted to go again since.

The one we went to was at the weekend but they tend to be midweek these days, so I am saving a few days holiday from work and will be booking a hotel, the last time the four of us guys shared a hotel room to keep the costs to a minimum so if there are enough of us that could be an idea, and any girls that are interested could make the same arrangements between themselves if needed.

I'm definitely up for this, it's our last chance and I can't wait for it.

I recall a certain 3 of you waking me up in the MIDDLE OF THE BLOODY NIGHT!! :P

us? :o unfounded accusations! we would never do such a thing.... :P

Ugh please, the childish giggling, Kenny rocking the bed! :P.

But then again it was worth getting up early later that night as there was a girl at reception only wearing a towel around her as she was complaining about something at the reception. :)

Hello, me and my friend have decided to road trip down to London for the final premiere :D

and then we're road tripping around UK/scotland to see harry potter sites, i.e the castle in scotland, leavesden studios, the hogwarts express in yorkshire!

Maybe the title should be changed again. From the main forum page you only get part of the name and it's easy to confuse it with the "Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 1 First Impressions" thread. Maybe just call it DH Pt. 2 Premiere or Deathly Hallows Pt. 2 Premiere. Anything to differentiate it.

Thanks.

Ugh please, the childish giggling, Kenny rocking the bed! :P.

You must have been dreaming ;)

Hello, me and my friend have decided to road trip down to London for the final premiere :D

and then we're road tripping around UK/scotland to see harry potter sites, i.e the castle in scotland, leavesden studios, the hogwarts express in yorkshire!

That sounds fantastic, I have been to a few sites around London, but nothing on that scale.

Maybe the title should be changed again. From the main forum page you only get part of the name and it's easy to confuse it with the "Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 1 First Impressions" thread. Maybe just call it DH Pt. 2 Premiere or Deathly Hallows Pt. 2 Premiere. Anything to differentiate it.

Thanks.

I agree it might be better for the title to be changed, perhaps 'Meet Up for Deathly Hallows Part 2 London Premiere'

That sounds fantastic, I have been to a few sites around London, but nothing on that scale.

yeah its going to be one hell of a lot of driving! but there will be 3 of us, all with licenses - so hopefully will be ok :) cant wait to see alnwick castle in scotland

can anyone recommend cheap hotels in London that sleep 3-4 people?

what would the meeting time is? i was thinking of getting there for like 4 or 5 am haha

yeah its going to be one hell of a lot of driving! but there will be 3 of us, all with licenses - so hopefully will be ok :) cant wait to see alnwick castle in scotland

can anyone recommend cheap hotels in London that sleep 3-4 people?

what would the meeting time is? i was thinking of getting there for like 4 or 5 am haha

I would love to do that one day, it sounds brilliant.

I haven't looked at hotels yet but there will be plenty. I will have a look at some soon. We stayed in Piccadilly Circus last time, which is just a few minutes walk from Leicester Square, but that hotel has closed down now. Shame because it was quite cheap, I always managed to find somewhere reasonable when I go to London though and if you share a room it will always be a lot cheaper. I usually stay in Kings Cross these days but that's too far, there will be plenty of hotels within walking distance from Leicester Square.

When we went we got there for about 5am-6am, there were a lot of people there then as they camped overnight, but we were still at the front, we were able to wander around Leicester Square for most of the morning, it was about midday when the majority of people started arriving and that's when you need to stay in place, or risk losing it. We will probably aim to get there for a similar time this time around.

awesome well it will be cool meeting people off here, been a member since 2007 hehe!

i'll bake us all cookies or something :)

Wow, I am queuing already :P

It will be good to meet you and other members, it will be a great day.

hmm how about cookies and cauldron cakes!!!

my friend is knitting us house scarves for the premiere. ahha so cant wait and its like 8 months away..

luckily i move back to the UK in May so ill get to go to the premiere

Dazza, if you have to stay in your place by lunchtime then what do you do with regards to toilet? I assume people will let you back in your place and are not that hostile; after all, it's not like getting to the front of a music concert or anything.

hmm how about cookies and cauldron cakes!!!

Sounds lovely :P

Dazza, if you have to stay in your place by lunchtime then what do you do with regards to toilet? I assume people will let you back in your place and are not that hostile; after all, it's not like getting to the front of a music concert or anything.

This was my main worry the last time, but it wasn't too bad, there was a MacDonalds right next to where we were waiting so we went used the toilet there. I didn't drink much throughout the day, the last time I went was around 2pm, then I managed to hold on until it all finished at around 6pm. The more people you are with the easier it is I suppose.