The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Meet Up For Deathly Hallows Part 2 London Premiere

I have only had a quick browse but I was thinking of the Travelodge in Covent Garden, about 10 mins walk from Leicester Square.

If people are interested in sharing then you can get a family room (sleeps 3) for a saver (non refundable) rate of £65.75 (about £22 each) Normal (refundable) rate is £95.85 (£31.95 each)

A single and double room is the same price so sharing makes quite a big saving.

Travelodge is a chain hotel and pretty basic, but they are comfortable, en suite and you know what you are getting with them.

Does not sound bad actually, I'll definitely will look into that.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although a bit early but has anyone good ideas about hotels and such in London, preferably not to far from where we have to be?

There was some news recently about how the premiere may not be at Leicester Square this time. Something about they are remodeling the whole area, again.

I'm interested in this.

However there are a few things that could be a problem for me, aside from money, I may not have free time at the moment, I may also be off to Florida, or my parents wont let me go...

Anyway, I'll need to know when the premiere is to rule out the Florida part. But if all goes well I'll probably come.

Guessing the best way from the Netherlands is by plane? There is a tube that goes from Heathrow to central London right? Man it's been 2 years since I was there with school.

There was some news recently about how the premiere may not be at Leicester Square this time. Something about they are remodeling the whole area, again.

That's interesting, I wonder where they are thinking of if not Leicester Square. I know that occasionally there is a Premeiere in another location,

The Prince of Persia premiere was held at the brand new Westfield shopping centre and cinema complex in Shepards Bush, but all the major films are in Leicester Square.

I just hope that we know the location and date in plenty of time so we can start making arrangements.

I'm interested in this.

However there are a few things that could be a problem for me, aside from money, I may not have free time at the moment, I may also be off to Florida, or my parents wont let me go...

Anyway, I'll need to know when the premiere is to rule out the Florida part. But if all goes well I'll probably come.

Guessing the best way from the Netherlands is by plane? There is a tube that goes from Heathrow to central London right? Man it's been 2 years since I was there with school.

Yeah i think the best way to go is by plane.. Or you can take the Eurostar from Brussels, if it's easy for you to get there.. Don't know in which part you live..

Yeah i think the best way to go is by plane.. Or you can take the Eurostar from Brussels, if it's easy for you to get there.. Don't know in which part you live..

Above Amsterdam, although i do know there is a train that goed from Amsterdam to London, if I'm right atleast.

Above Amsterdam, although i do know there is a train that goed from Amsterdam to London, if I'm right atleast.

Hmm i have no idea.. I'm from Belgium, and we're gonna take the Eurostar.. You should look it up if there's a train for you :)

You will go through Brussels if you go by Eurostar. It's a trip of 5 and half hours or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Does not sound bad actually, I'll definitely will look into that.

So what now everyone's going? :mellow:

Yes, the center of the square is fenced off by a black wall and you can't really see what's going in there. It says they're preparing for the Olympics. Access to the cinemas and stuff is still possible, but I suppose it's not enough space to stage a major premiere.

Yes, the center of the square is fenced off by a black wall and you can't really see what's going in there. It says they're preparing for the Olympics. Access to the cinemas and stuff is still possible, but I suppose it's not enough space to stage a major premiere.

There have been Premieres there recently, and in the reports I have read that it currently resembles something like a building site. It may be fine for small Premieres but for something on the scale Harry Potter would be, they would need to make use of the whole square.

As well as the Westfield Shopping Centre, I have also heard the O2 Arena could also be used.

This report even suggests red carpet Premieres could be scrapped until 2012, they can't..surely?

http://www.westendextra.com/news/2011/jan/leicester-square-disruption-years-red-carpet-premieres-could-be-scrapped

You are all so lucky you can meet up for the London premiere! I wish I could go too...

Please make sure you take plenty of pics and post them here, so we can all enjoy what is going to be an EPIC moment indeed! :yesyes::)

This report even suggests red carpet Premieres could be scrapped until 2012, they can't..surely?

Well, I suppose they can, at least for Leicester Square. The cinemas (is it only the Odeon that has the premieres?) wouldn't be to thrilled about that, obviously. As for the film studios, they could probably find some other place. How about having the world premiere in Germany? Then I'd definitely come. :P In any case, I can't imagine the actual location of the premiere is important enough to significantly postpone the launch.

Well, I suppose they can, at least for Leicester Square. The cinemas (is it only the Odeon that has the premieres?) wouldn't be to thrilled about that, obviously. As for the film studios, they could probably find some other place. How about having the world premiere in Germany? Then I'd definitely come. :P In any case, I can't imagine the actual location of the premiere is important enough to significantly postpone the launch.

I am sure they will find an alternative venue, most of the cinema's in Leicester Square have held Premieres, the big ones are usually at the Odeon though.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Is it completely impossible for a minor to travel to England? I mean, it has to be with a guarian or a parent, right?

I live in Belgium, so it's really easy to get into England. For us, it's enough to get a letter from city hall which has to be filled in by the parents giving the minor written concent to get into England.

I see you live in Bulgaria, so I don't know if that paper will be enough, but you can always go ask the people at your City Hall and your parents.

But it's definately not impossible :)

Bad news peeps, may have to sit this one out.

Aww, how come?

On a brighter note, it looks like me and R_HR_Forever might make it after all :)

On a brighter note, it looks like me and R_HR_Forever might make it after all :)

Great news! :D

Might be representing Scotland for the Europrean and World Karate Championships this year, so some of my holidays from work will go towards that if selected.

I think you need to sort your priorities out :P

Just kidding, it sounds like a fantastic oppertunity, good luck with it if you make it.

Afterall, Scotland have to win at something sometime :P *puts on tin hat*

• 2 weeks later...