The Emma-Watson.net Forum

//EDIT: Oh, and some have tried to bully me at a younger age, but have failed quite miserably. And there have been very few because I'm studying at basically the best school (or 2nd best. And 'best' in many terms) in town and the rate of retards (bullies) is veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery low, due to the difficulty of being able to start studies at the school. Bullies, who are usually retards, simply fail here and drop out.

Sorry but your wrong, I went to one of the best schools here in cheshire, the entire student body was made up of very intelligent people,and guess what? Yes i got bullied by a group of girls who were intelligent.

Bullies know what their doing, they know that calling me names, being racist towards my bf, then dragging my family into the mix would defintily hurt me. Dumb people dont know what their doing, so i really fail to see how you can call them that. They bully people due to their arrogance of not understanding someone or something. To this day i have no idea why they bullied me, but i know they know and for that reason they cant be "retards"

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure it does, but if you were strong enough, you'd fight back and stand up for yourself.

NOT trying to be offensive!

If you read my posts you will see i did fight back in the end, she attacked me and then failed. She thought she could take me on due to having my back turned but one thing she didn't know about me is that my brother had taught me how to defend myself due to these bullies. And she failed so hard at trying to kick my arse that it was almost funny, she got humiluated. But it still carried on.

Sorry but your wrong, I went to one of the best schools here in cheshire, the entire student body was made up of very intelligent people,and guess what? Yes i got bullied by a group of girls who were intelligent.

Bullies know what their doing, they know that calling me names, being racist towards my bf, then dragging my family into the mix would defintily hurt me. Dumb people dont know what their doing, so i really fail to see how you can call them that. They bully people due to their arrogance of not understanding someone or something. To this day i have no idea why they bullied me, but i know they know and for that reason they cant be "retards"

I mean they're retards (so called and not in its literal meaning of course) for bullying, cuz it's a stupid thing to do and I'm sure you agree.

Edited by U K

I mean they're retards (so called and not in its literal meaning of course) for bullying, cuz it's a stupid thing to do and I'm sure you agree.

I still think that word is disgusting, no matter what meaning it is placed in. Period.

weak? your having a laugh right?

It takes a strong person to put up with the amount some of us have had to over the years.

I personally dislike ignorant people but you know....

I completely agree. I was bullied and I am a strong person. I was totally self-confident... and I was bullied way more then I hope anyone should ever experience in their life!

This is a phenomenon that shows that human race is going down. I don't know what phsycological factors cause bullying or how this can stop.

But all i wonder is why people back then could face it and move on easier than people today. I mean bullying used to exist longer ago, but people wouldn't commit suicide so easily, or get depressed so easily. They somehow moved on. But it seems that nowadays suicide is the most common result bullying causes.

I might be wrong though. But still i wonder.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a phenomenon that shows that human race is going down. I don't know what phsycological factors cause bullying or how this can stop.

But all i wonder is why people back then could face it and move on easier than people today. I mean bullying used to exist longer ago, but people wouldn't commit suicide so easily, or get depressed so easily. They somehow moved on. But it seems that nowadays suicide is the most common result bullying causes.

I might be wrong though. But still i wonder.

now your making me Wonder As well cause back in the 50-90's Committing Suicided was So rare now today in the 2000's It is just happening like crazy I never really though of that Good point

I wonder if suicide is more prevalent now or we just hear about it more in our hyper connected society.

It used to be that bullying was getting beat up, shoved in your locker, made fun of etc. All horrible things to go through. But I believe something that today's bullied kids go through that wasn't there before is social networks etc. Now it's not relegated to just a few people picking on you or just the people in the hall who saw you get beat up. Now days it will be posted on YouTube for everyone to watch you get beat up over and over. Kids get taunted on facebook. Embarrassing pictures get posted on the Web. So your mortification is spread to the great wide world instead of just a few kids in your class. People who are a thousand miles away join in on giving you crap when they see it posted on the Internet.

Edited by The Dude

I wonder if suicide is more prevalent now or we just hear about it more in our hyper connected society.

It used to be that bullying was getting beat up, shoved in your locker, made fun of etc. All horrible things to go through. But I believe something that today's bullied kids go through that wasn't there before is social networks etc. Now it's not relegated to just a few people picking on you or just the people in the hall who saw you get beat up. Now days it will be posted on YouTube for everyone to watch you get beat up over and over. Kids get taunted on facebook. Embarrassing pictures get posted on the Web. So your mortification is spread to the great wide world instead of just a few kids in your class. People who are a thousand miles away join in on giving you crap when they see it posted on the Internet.

Yes basically That is how it is now a Days and I Am Against cyber bullying and every kind there is It is Redlicous The 90's were the best times <3 but bullying is getting overrated and basically ruining websites or whatever for everyone I cant stand It

now your making me Wonder As well cause back in the 50-90's Committing Suicided was So rare now today in the 2000's It is just happening like crazy I never really though of that Good point

Agreed, I mean I can't deny I haven't thought of it myself either.

bullying is awful... and its awful that it never stops.

like.. yea fine kids are doing it, thats easier for me to understand cause they want to be cool or whatever,.. but adults? seriously, why do they do that? so cruel. my aunt got bullied by her coworkers cause she earned more money than them. how Immature is that?

bullying is awful... and its awful that it never stops.

like.. yea fine kids are doing it, thats easier for me to understand cause they want to be cool or whatever,.. but adults? seriously, why do they do that? so cruel. my aunt got bullied by her coworkers cause she earned more money than them. how Immature is that?

I think Alot of people bully Others To make themselves feel good and feel better

I think the way technology has advanced so quickly is definitely a factor... when I was bullied at school we didn't even have mobile phones and only a lucky a few had 56k dial up internet. The way the media works now, we definitely hear about it more.

This reminds me of an incident a few years ago in a town called Bridgend in Wales, there were 25+ suicides in the space of two years, they were all linked to an internet cult but it was never proven. Here is and interesting article regarding Bridgend- http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2009/02/wales-suicides200902 which talks about internet sucides but also explains that it is not necessarily a new thing.

I think the way technology has advanced so quickly is definitely a factor... when I was bullied at school we didn't even have mobile phones and only a lucky a few had 56k dial up internet. The way the media works now, we definitely hear about it more.

This reminds me of an incident a few years ago in a town called Bridgend in Wales, there were 25+ suicides in the space of two years, they were all linked to an internet cult but it was never proven. Here is and interesting article regarding Bridgend- http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2009/02/wales-suicides200902 which talks about internet sucides but also explains that it is not necessarily a new thing.

Really interesting article, but so tragic.

Oh yes i remember this in the news,

thanks for the article

maybe they were picking up on you because they saw you as a threat.Trying to keep you down so that you wouldn't get better than her at smt.Also she might have tried to make an example out of you for other kids to see what would happen if they messed with her.

i am actually surprised that i never got bullied.In middle school i used to be the quiet one with no friends in school.But I do have this girl in my class now that gets verbally abused because she has good grades by this other girl that doesn't.Whenever the bully makes remarks about the "nerd" you can hear the envy in her voice and read it on her face.I think it's disgraceful especially since the mean girl wants to have children right after she finishes high-school -I mean what will that kid learn from his own mother?She also makes remarks about me or other classmates when she feels vulnerable (hope i spelled it right)but i never give her the attention she wants and I don't listen to her because I know that hurts her more.

I'm really impressed with what some of you guys have lived trough and I can only hope that one day I can be as noble and brave as you guys! :)

P.S.the girl with the good grades wants to be a teacher and she is now starting to stand up to the bully. I think this experience will help her in handeling the kids she will be teaching to :D

• 2 weeks later...

It's all very strange and horrible at the same time, and I agree with you that schools have no idea what to do about it. Back in Junior High (2 years ago) I was bullied. I called it to the principals attention and he wound up trying to do a little "meeting" to make us friends :huh: . They put on an act, and after the heat died down they began to start again. It was at this point that I had a few options.

1. My father suggested that I beat them up very badly (which I liked a lot, but I would be the one who got in trouble)
  2. Tell the principal
  3. Handle it myself

I told the principal, and he talked to them. He didn't assign them any punishment, but he gave them a warning. I talked with the principal afterwards, and I "talked" him into giving him a day of detention.

I learned from this, however. Next year, when the heat was off of them once more and they subtly began to pester me once more, I threatened them "in a violent manor." They have not talked to me since. So what did I learn, the only way to get something done right is to do it yourself.

I never thought of killing myself though. I can't imagine how bad it must have been for the kids who did :mellow:

-----EDIT-----

Oh, and the reason why I was targeted was because I'm "the nice guy" and a gentleman. In case you were wondering.

Edited by ckravitz
  • 1 month later...

Wish I could watch it, but it says I can't. Stupid Germany -.-

It's a clip from The View (I don't watch the show, just found the clip on the Internet). They had a young boy on there the other day who's about ten or twelve along with his family. He has been bullied at school and some of it was caught on video. After interviewing him they surprised him when players from the Philadelphia Eagles (his favorite team) including Pro Bowl wide receiver DeSean Jackson came out to see him. DeSean gave him a jersey and signed and the players said the next time anything like this goes down that they've got his back. It was pretty cool.

Edited by The Dude

It's a clip from The View (I don't watch the show, just found the clip on the Internet). They had a young boy on there the other day who's about ten or twelve along with his family. He has been bullied at school and some of it was caught on video. After interviewing him they surprised him when players from the Philadelphia Eagles (his favorite team) including Pro Bowl wide receiver DeSean Jackson came out to see him. DeSean gave him a jersey and signed and the players said the next time anything like this goes down that they've got his back. It was pretty cool.

Thats pretty cool, very nice of them. Thanks for telling me haha.

• 1 month later...