The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Good for you! It's always important to stick up for yourself! Like this kid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL2DulqpFMA

Thats the vid I posted above, but facebook deleted it. That guy is so awesome he exists on my ipod

And it appears that youtube has deleted that one.

Here

http://vimeo.com/21039425

Edited by Joe O'Connor
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was bullied a LOT when I was younger but as I got older it stopped. I now am determined to become a happy, healthy, and successful person so I can come back and say look, none of this affected me. The sad part is, it did though. Yeah, I am happy but there are some self esteem issues that I have that I am not sure if they will ever go away. But honestly, having a good life is what irritates people the most - seeing people just really, truly happy.

It also frustrates me that school educators do almost nothing to stop bullies. I hate it when kids put on an act - I went to the pharmacy one time with my uncle and a girl that bullied me was the cashier behind the counter (we hadn't seen each other in ages), and once we left he went, "well she seems nice enough". SEEMS being the key word - she is mean spirited and is a bully if I ever saw one. Of course, she got it from her family, who is also mean and terrible.

im getting bullied in work, i know i am. I get the same anxious feeling around this girl at work, and my heart beats incredibly fast whenever someone tells me what she has said about me.

The woman has been on maternity leave for about 6 months i think, she is 26 and i am 19. She is older than me and picking on me. Its stupid and i know i need to do somethign about it but its only this week i have realised its getting bad.

Monday night my best mate jack told me that he was involved in a argument last tuesday regarding me between her and this other desk person. they were all moaning about me, saying that i dont do things properly, that i make mistakes and that i am basically not good enough to be in the customer service desk. Just want to point out my mother died before christmas and i havent been back to work that long.

Jack stuck up for me then she told him that i told her that i am not even his friend and i am only his friend because i feel sorry for him!!! i havent had a conversation with her since she left, so i dont understand.

Not only that, she has been really cruel about this middle aged bloke that works on produce. His wife is dying and this girl wound her up and said, "why dont we get you on a date with him?" and this horrid girl responded with, "gotta wait for his wife to die first, hahaha"

So i am going to get my revenge by reporting her, i do not care that her husband works with us, and will make things awkward. I have more friends in thtat place than she does so in the end i will win this.

^good for you, dont let the bully grind you down, they'll spot the weakness and up their game...

yeah your right!!

Not letting it get out of hand like it did to me in highschool. Refuse for her to bring me down because i enjoy my job, i am very good at it hence why i keep getting promoted. So i generally think she is jealous, because i am not bad at my job and everyone knows that.

@ Imagine That person is just horrible! Attacking people who have lost and are loosing loved ones is just the lowest of the low. She is scum and deserves to be sacked from her job. If she is disliked by a large number at work, you should start up lots of rumors about her and fight fire with fire!

I was bullied in H.S. because I liked older music (prog rock bands like Genesis, Floyd, Rush, King Crimson, etc.) I got hell especially for Genesis, who everyone saw as uncool.

Now that they've been inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame, they're having a sudden second wave of popularity. Many high school students are members of the Genesis forum I belong to.

I've always gone my own way, and done my own thing. And that has always deemed me as unpopular among most of my peers. What can I say...I'm a creative and artistic person, I don't like being part of the crowd.

But I definitely feel for those that are highly sensitive and get hurt by trying to fit in, and don't. I always associated with the fellow outcasts, but some people just struggle to even make a friend, even with a fellow outcast. I feel bad for those people, because everyone deserves to have a friend, and to be liked and appreciated for who they are.

@ Imagine That person is just horrible! Attacking people who have lost and are loosing loved ones is just the lowest of the low. She is scum and deserves to be sacked from her job. If she is disliked by a large number at work, you should start up lots of rumors about her and fight fire with fire!

That'll probably cause more problems than answers.

Imagine, you should file an official grievance if your work allows it. Otherwise going up the chain of command might be helpful (but that also depends on how proactive leadership is at your work). But I would stick to proper ways of seeking her ouster rather than starting a war with her.

Yeah your right, she is incredibly low for doing that and i will forever not like her now lol.As much as that would fun, it just isnt me. I am not stooping down to her level and plus its unprofessional.

I was bullied in H.S. because I liked older music (prog rock bands like Genesis, Floyd, Rush, King Crimson, etc.) I got hell especially for Genesis, who everyone saw as uncool.

Now that they've been inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame, they're having a sudden second wave of popularity. Many high school students are members of the Genesis forum I belong to.

I've always gone my own way, and done my own thing. And that has always deemed me as unpopular among most of my peers. What can I say...I'm a creative and artistic person, I don't like being part of the crowd.

But I definitely feel for those that are highly sensitive and get hurt by trying to fit in, and don't. I always associated with the fellow outcasts, but some people just struggle to even make a friend, even with a fellow outcast. I feel bad for those people, because everyone deserves to have a friend, and to be liked and appreciated for who they are.

Awwww that sounds exactly what most people go through, just because you like different things from the "Norm" you are deemed the bully target. And i hate that, it makes me angry that because you like somethign different from what is popular that you have to get picked on.

Hope it hasnt left any lasting problems on you, my bullies left me in a mess :(

That'll probably cause more problems than answers.

Imagine, you should file an official grievance if your work allows it. Otherwise going up the chain of command might be helpful (but that also depends on how proactive leadership is at your work). But I would stick to proper ways of seeking her ouster rather than starting a war with her.

Yeah your right,

Yeah my work has a zero tolerance on in work bullying, they recognise that it isnt a common problem due to us all being adults but it is still happening. I could definitly file a complaint, i am really close with management and the store manager loves me so i could defintily speak to him about it. But the problem is, i have no proof. She has never said anything to my face, she is dead nice to my face then as soon as i am gone she says nasty things about me to my best mate.

they recognise that it isnt a common problem due to us all being adults but it is still happening.

Here's a little lesson - bullying doesn't stop just because we're adults. It still goes on, in the workplace, in social circles etc. It's sometimes more subversive than it was in childhood but it still exist. If you're still in high school and can't wait to get out so maybe the bullying will stop or you can be around adults, don't bet on it. It happens in all walks of life. Sorry to say, but this is the truth. Bullies don't grow up...they just get older.

But the problem is, i have no proof. She has never said anything to my face, she is dead nice to my face then as soon as i am gone she says nasty things about me to my best mate.

You still might go to your boss or supervisor about it. Just explain to him what's going on and that it's creating unnecessary stress in the workplace for you and others as well. Explain that this girl is nice to your face but other people keep telling you about things she says behind your back and that there is obviously a problem, either with the girl or with the people who tell you what she says. Maybe then your manager will keep a closer eye on what's being said by whom.

This is just a suggestion though. Obviously you know your workplace better than us and you know whether this would actually help or hurt.

The Dude is right.

I worked at Krogers, and I was being bullied by most of my co-workers. I was fired a month after I started working there, but if I hadn't been, I would have quit.

I asked for a transfer to a different section of the store, and ended up getting canned by this enormous prick of a manager. He probably was the biggest bully out of all of them.

I tend to be eccentric, and play by my own rules. That makes me a lot of enemies.

• 11 years later...
  • 7 months later...